DAZ Studio 4 PRO missing Smart Content on MacBook Pro

dyretdyret Posts: 182
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I just installed Studio PRO. Trouble is there is absolutely no content in the Smart content what so ever. I also found out that a few things is missing totaly like the textures for the Magus clothing. I have Studio on my pc and I´m now very confused as to what I have done wrong. LOL. Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited June 2012

It sounds as if the Content Management Service is not running. Unfortunately I can't recall how you see the list of runing services on a Mac - I think it's a tab in system properties, but I'm not sure. If that is it, there should be a short-cut for starting (and stopping) the CMS, but as I recall it's not as easy to find on the mac as on Windows - ah, /Library/DAZ 3D/Content Management Service/utilities. according to the FAQ entry.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • dyretdyret Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

It´s not even installed anywhere on the MAC. But I´ve found I really don´t need it. I´ll just run Studio 4 as if it was Studio 3. LOL Thank you for your reply.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited December 1969

It sounds as if the Content Management Service is not running. Unfortunately I can't recall how you see the list of runing services on a Mac - I think it's a tab in system properties, but I'm not sure.

My usual method is to launch Activity Monitor (found in the Utilities subfolder of the main Applications folder) and set it to show "All Processes".
  • DaleCar_06ae99e4f4DaleCar_06ae99e4f4 Posts: 178
    edited December 1969

I'm dealing with the exact same problem in this thread

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10533/P60/

Been trying to sort it out for a week. With no luck so far.

Dale

• DaleCar_06ae99e4f4DaleCar_06ae99e4f4 Posts: 178
    edited December 1969

Oh. And By the way. Activity monitor says the CMS is running. At least in my case.

Dale

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    edited December 1969

One question that could solve your problem, and others as well.
    What Mac OS X version are you running?

• edited December 1969

Daz Studio 4.5 seems to have some display problems with Mountain Lion, at least on my Mac.

I have the CMS running but the icons in the Content Library will sometimes disappear completely and refuse to reappear until I switch out of Daz Studio to the Finder and then back again. It sometimes takes several goes before it returns to normal.

The main window will sometime disappear as well after switching to another application and the only way I can get it back is by using the "Always on Top" command in the "Window" menu. I find using the minimise feature (The yellow button in the top left of the window) that parks the window in the Dock, prevents the problem when switching applications, so I always do that now before switching away from Daz. I then return to Daz by clicking the window in the Dock.

Mountain Lion seems to have given Daz all sorts of problems. Bryce just crashes and Hexagon, although the new version is much better than it used to be, still behaves very oddly at times and a lot of the keyboard shortcuts don't work and have to be selected from the menus.