Duplicate IDs error

Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
edited December 1969 in New Users

So I am building a scene with several figures and trying to use the same pants on many of them. When I loaded DAZ today I received an error regarding mutiple IDs for these and in the camera view none of the figures have pants now. In perspective view I can still see the pants on them.

Any help would be great.

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Geminii23 :)

reset your downloads for the product ,.. it may have been updated

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited November 2012

Not sure that this makes sense. I just downloaded the elements in question yesterday. Also, I did not receive this issue the first few times I worked on this project. After saving closing and reopening things were fine. The only thing I can thing of is that DAZ has crashed a few times during my work.

Edit*

I took a look in the log and found several errors of files not being able to load such as:

Failed to load image: /Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/My DAZ Library/Users/**********/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/d130.tif
    Operation failed

(Ignore the asterisks that I used to hide my username)

So, what doesn't make sense is that the only thing listed in /library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/ folder is the dzinstall.ini

Post edited by Geminii23 on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited November 2012

What operating system?

How did you save what you were working on, before it started having fits?

What happens if you load the item in a new, clean scene?

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

I am on MAC OSx 10.6.8

I saved one of my two of my characters as presets. Saved scene so it is a .duf file in My Library/Scenes on secondary internal HDD. Not primary drive.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    I am on MAC OSx 10.6.8

I saved one of my two of my characters as presets. Saved scene so it is a .duf file in My Library/Scenes on secondary internal HDD. Not primary drive.

Look and see if by chance you have the 'missing' temp folder on the 'other' drive...if it should be on the primary drive look for it on the secondary drive

Also, try loading the pants into a blank scene and saving that...then try reopening the scene with the characters.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Inside of DAZ Studio, what's your temp directory listed as?

Edit > Preferences > General and at the bottom it'll list "Temporary Files".

It should be /Users//Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/ by default.