One render at a time or all at once?

There is some time saving in rendering images simoustanly? 

Thanks

Comments

• If you mean Daz Studio, it doesn't do that. It's unlikely that running two render processes at once would save time - more likely the reverse as the management software would also have to take some processor time to avoid clashes, and might impose extra hand-shakinging on the render processes themselves, all of which would increase the total time taken.

• JimbowJimbow Posts: 557
    edited October 2016

If you're running windows, would splitting thread allocations to each instance of DS in the Task Manager not help keep things tidy? It's how I usually allocate threads to multiple instances of other 3D apps.

Post edited by Jimbow on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited October 2016
    Jimbow said:

If you're running windows, would splitting thread allocations to each instance of DS in the Task Manager not help keep things tidy? It's how I usually allocate threads to multiple instances of other 3D apps.

That would proesuambly deal with CPU conflicts, but not GPU (if used), disc, or memory manager conflicts. You also need to bear in mind, if running two isntances of the saem version of DS, that doing File>New or File>Open will clear the Temp folder, which is shared between them, potentially losing data the other is using in rendering.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Thanks!

• JimbowJimbow Posts: 557

Cheers Richard. A mine of helpful info as usual.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Whenever I've tried to run 2 iray renders at the same time in 2 seperate instances of DS my GPU always crashed

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Whenever I've tried to run 2 iray renders at the same time in 2 seperate instances of DS my GPU always crashed

For Iray, you probably won't have much luck unless you are doing CPU only rendering.

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

I sent you a private message with some thoughts.