Bus Trip

ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have decided to fly to New York (form Kansas City), rent the Partridge Family bus (last I heard it was parked in Queens somewhere), and driving out to a town in the southern suburbs of Salt Lake City, Utah, tell a couple of people my dissatisfaction, pick up my $6 coupon, shake their hands and then come back, via Las Vegas. Anyone with me.

Comments

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Lol. That will be one expensive complaint. I think there's enough complaining going on right now though so let's give the guys a break. We just want to complain enough to make them nervous, not bore them to sleep which would cause further delays. :cheese:

• lithomantislithomantis Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sounds like a cool trip, especially if the Partridge Family-era David Cassidy is on board the bus *makes a futile attempt at an innocent expression*

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,008
    edited December 1969

Why not a tank? I think somehow that Tank says "dissatisfaction" better than a 70s hippy Piet Mondrian bus... You could paint it the same to soften the look... the gas milage would suck though.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617
    edited June 2012

...bus plunge

(... bit of a long intro, be patient).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Cool maybe there is an 8-Track player in there too! I wonder if anyone still has any of those??? ;-)

http://www.angelfire.com/mn/nn/partridgeFamily.jpg

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Why not a tank? I think somehow that Tank says "dissatisfaction" better than a 70s hippy Piet Mondrian bus... You could paint it the same to soften the look... the gas milage would suck though.

Because in the 60's they complained about stuff peacefully, it was the cops that were brutal and I'm not sure a tank would do anything but blow up the building, then we'll never get our $6 coupon.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2012

I'll burn a bra or two if it means getting things fixed. :P I've got some old ones to spare.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    I'll burn a bra or two if it means getting things fixed. :P I've got some old ones to spare.

Then get all of your friends to burn their bras, and then get all of your friends friends to do the same, and so on, then maybe DAZ will know we mean business ;-)

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I've got around 200 8-track tapes and a couple of players. Want to swing through Austin TX and pick me up? Wait a minute...is the $6 coupon good to use in Vegas? Just exactly when does it expire? Can we stack them? Good only on slots? I need some details.

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I've got around 200 8-track tapes and a couple of players. Want to swing through Austin TX and pick me up? Wait a minute...is the $6 coupon good to use in Vegas? Just exactly when does it expire? Can we stack them? Good only on slots? I need some details.

We could certainly use the 200 8-Track tapes that you obviously could not depart with.

We will be going to every city within the lower 48 (sorry about that for those in the other parts of the world, but the bus is not fitted with floating devices that I recall), to pick up any member willing to go, especially braless ones.

As far as the coupon working in Vegas, we may need the tank mentioned earlier, then I'm sure the coupon would be good anything we wanted.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,240
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Vaskania said:

Then get all of your friends to burn their bras, and then get all of your friends friends to do the same, and so on, then maybe DAZ will know we mean business ;-)

Only if the friends, friends of friends &c. grab a sword and head for the nearest temple.