how to get upgrades

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I'm running C-8.0.0.231, how do I get to the latest upgrade?

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited November 2012

Carrara 8.1.1.12 I think was the last public release and you should be able to Reset Carrara 8 in your account page under Itemised Order History. When you reset it will make the latest public version available in the "My Downloadable Products" section of your account page. All this is on the basis you Purchased the software though the Daz3D store.

Post edited by Szark on
  • edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Carrara 8.1.1.12 I think was the last public release and you should be able to Reset Carrara 8 in your account page under Itemised Order History. When you reset it will make the latest public version available in the "My Downloadable Products" section of your account page. All this is on the basis you Purchased the software though the Daz3D store.

Thanks a lot.

Just a quick question sifting through all these down-loads, I see a C-8.1.1.12 and a C-8.5.0132. Is the 8.5 release a beta?
    Also, do I uninstall the current version first, or do I install the new version over it?

Thanks again

edited December 1969

C-8.5.0132. Is the 8.5 release a beta? Yes

Also, do I uninstall the current version first, or do I install the new version over it?

No it will intstall in to a newly made Carrara 8 directory, I have 6 Pro, 7 Pro and 8 Pro all installed in to the same main "DAZ3D" directory folder with sub folders for each version.
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi Sue25 :)

When you install Carrara 8.1.1.12,.. it will detect the previous installation of C8, and ask if you want to remove it,. if you say yes,. it will then uninstall the previous version, before it installs the new one.

If you already have C8 pro installed,... then the update to C8.1.1.12, will install into that same folder, after it's removed the older version.

If you're installing C8 for the first time, It will create a new folder inside your Daz Folder in Program Files, ..or program files (x86)

The 8.5 beta version should also be installed into a New folder,. so that it's separate from your C8

:)

edited December 1969

Oh my bad I forgot you were updating from 8 to 8.

Thanks 3DAGE for popping in there......sneaks off and hides.

• edited December 1969

I bought Carrara here and really just looking to update my current version. I will ignore the 8.5 beta because I will have no time for that and have fell so far behind I could not contribute to making this product better.

Every year it's the same thing ....around this time I get a few days off ...get on the Carrara horsee....and by mid January my day job takes over ...and Carrara goes back on the shelf ....sigh!!!