What has happened to DAZ ?????

124»

Comments

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

slojo said:
    I'm with ManStan.

I've only posted 11 times in a decade. Does that make me somehow inadequate as an artist?
    That's it for my 12th post. I'm sure they'll be others in the years ahead.

- slojo

Hey Slojo
    I'm the one who brought up how many times the OP had posted. What I meant by that was since he didn't post often, he might not come to the forums or the marketplace very often and got surprised.
    There are some marketplaces I don't get to very often and would have been surprised in the past when they made changes.
    So only posting once or 12 times doesn't make you less of an artist or a less valuable customer, but it can explain why someone might be shocked when they show up after a 6 month absence.
    Best of luck!

PS, I agree with most of the rest of your post.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    What more proof do you have that the Unflatable Pony did exist?

No, proof you can't have a serious conversation about issues with studio or DAZ. This thread is just typical. You can't make a serious point with out an avalanche of unrelated frivolity. Basically burying the issue with silly unrelated posts. Why argue a point when it is easier to ridicule it with ludicrousness, why address an issue when it is so much easier to just bury it in silliness.

And yes, at least a few people knew exactingly what the OP was posting about.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited November 2012

ManStan said:
    chohole said:

No, proof you can't have a serious conversation about issues with studio or DAZ. This thread is just typical. You can't make a serious point with out an avalanche of unrelated frivolity. Basically burying the issue with silly unrelated posts. Why argue a point when it is easier to ridicule it with ludicrousness, why address an issue when it is so much easier to just bury it in silliness.

Sorry, this wasn't a conversation at all. If you want to have a conversation, make an opinion and logically back it up with reasons for your viewpoint. Complaining isn't a conversation.

To review again on when to put a new thread together instead of complaining masquarading as threads:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbd1oGFl7sE

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
    edited December 1969

To review again on when to put a new thread together instead of complaining masquarading as threads:

Huh? that sentence makes no sense.

edited December 1969

ManStan said:

Makes perfect sense ;)

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I have to say, I know exactly what the OP was talking about.

Something happened to DAZ! It's been taken over by a world domination group that is researching how to digitize us all, and make money selling us all as DAZ Studio Characters! Anyone who complains about DAZ will be digitized first in order to create enough CGI villains to strike fear into the bodacious babes they already have and give them an excuse to create brawney brutes to rescue them and then DAZ will be considered the most important asset the military has to combat the evil outlaws that complain about DAZ and try to keep free speech alive because DAZ stands for free speech so long as you agree with DAZ and that's what happened to DAZ!

edited December 1969

ManStan said:

Makes perfect sense ;)

To you maybe.

edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    ManStan said:

Makes perfect sense ;)

To you maybe.

Well I totally understand why it doesn't make sense to you ;)

Maybe this will help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIyr5TXqe8Y&feature=related

• PoacherPoacher Posts: 14
    edited November 2012

I have to admit the statement made more sense than the opening post of the thread did.

The statement that was made has since been speculated on, but no one can know what the person who made it really meant apart from that person

What doesn't make sense to me is why people have to take so much joy in arguing in threads like this, discouraging other people, whether new users or old hands, from posting at all.

It does appear that people, whatever their viewpoint is, seem to delight in trying to stir everything up into an argument.

I think I shall go back to lurking again.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    chohole said:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
    I think Daz lets this kind of silliness go on because it's easier than deleting the "complainers" post. They delete the post, the person gets upset, so they post again and the mods delete again, and so on.
    Just leave the offending post where it is and people will post cats and flowers and the like and the thread will die.
    No issues solved, but it sure does give the illusion that all is well.

edited December 1969

ManStan said:

I understood it. It was pretty condescending and not at all helpful.
    I guess it's meant to discourage people from posting.

edited November 2012

tsarist said:
    ManStan said:

It was meant to encourage to post correctly and with a point. Constant complaining discourages people from posting because it fosters an environment of negativity. No one wants to post in a forum where people constantly gripe. I think the only people that would be offended are the ones that are usually guilty of it.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

tsarist said:

One thing I don't like about the new forum is that if someone quotes an ignored person then it still shows up.

Not a slight against you tsarist...still not liking the new software here.

And I agree with tsarist, it isn't helpful (or funny if that was the intent??).

What those link are, old and lame.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Since this appears to be degenerating into a game of pot calling the kettle black it is being locked.

This discussion has been closed.