How to fully dress your character?

TeadTead Posts: 105
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello everyone,
How do I fully dress my characters in DAZ Studio 4.0 Pro? It seems that the program doesn't allow you to dress the character in under-clothing and then add outer-clothing afterwards. Is there a way to do this?
Thanks! :-)

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2012

Not quite sure why you would want to do that. The render will only show the outer clothing, so you are just adding stuff that will never be seen. I am one of many who go to the opposite extreme, and will actually remove those parts of the Figure body under the clothes, the parts that don't show, to keep the polygon level lower.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • TeadTead Posts: 105
    edited December 1969

The quick answer is if you wanted to show someone getting dressed to go outside for example. You could show someone putting on ski suit over their regular clothes for example....
    Thanks. :-)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You should be able to do that, as long as the outer clothing had enough room to fit other clothes underneath.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

You could try changing the collision item...

If you are a putting a jacket over a shirt, set the jacket to collide with the shirt, not Genesis...

• TeadTead Posts: 105
    edited December 1969

Hey guys,
    Thanks for the advice! I'm new so I'm not sure how to change the collide option that was mentioned, but I'll see if I can figure it out. If I have any problems I'll ask for help. As always, THANKS! ;-)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

You could select an outfit that has a more layered look. Some outfits have multiple parts which might help the illusion that clothing was going on top of eachother.