Animate candelablre

edited November 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi there! I have candelabre inside my daz studio. That is simpel asset, made of top, chain, and candelabre at the bottom haging up in the air.

I use Daz studio 4.5

This asset has no poses or parameters, simple prop.

So I want to animate candelabre a bit, make it swing in the air.

What is the most efficient way to do it?

For example, I wanted just to rotate it, but because all those parts are from the same prop, I can't parent them to each other.
Then I decided to rotate them separately. But when I rotate chain, its pivot point is in the center, not on the top, so it rotates wrongly.

How should I proceed?

Post edited by assignator_da12fd057f on

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Hi there! I have candelabre inside my daz studio. That is simpel asset, made of top, chain, and candelabre at the bottom haging up in the air.

I use Daz studio 4.5

This asset has no poses or parameters, simple prop.

So I want to animate candelabre a bit, make it swing in the air.

What is the most efficient way to do it?

For example, I wanted just to rotate it, but because all those parts are from the same prop, I can't parent them to each other.
    Then I decided to rotate them separately. But when I rotate chain, its pivot point is in the center, not on the top, so it rotates wrongly.

How should I proceed?

Is this one you made, from scratch in a modeling app?

If so, the first thing to do would be to fix the chain so that the origin is at an end, instead of in the middle.

And if they are individual parts, you should be able to parent them...how have you tried?

If that doesn't work, have you tried to parent them to a Null?

Create a Null and then in the Scene pane, select the part and right click on it...in the context box, there should be a Change Parent option. Select that and then choose Null. Do that for every part...then they will be parented to the Null, in the same relation they are already laid out in the scene. Then you should be able to 'swing' the Null (if you place the Null correctly, you may even be able to parent the chain to the null and not have to worry about fixing it).

• edited December 1969

Thank you for the reply! Unfortunately that is the part of the asset I bought, but maybe opening it inside 3d application and altering the pivot point is the only way =( Though I will try the NULL object trick!