Male / Female Gens

sammandersammander Posts: 0
edited December 2015 in Daz Studio Discussion

Sorry I know I'm probably reposting this. I've tried searching for this topic and most of them have related to poser and not DAZ studio. I am also new to the program so I don't have an idea of all the things that I need to do to get things working so please bare with me.

So I got Daz Studio 4.5, and I just bought the Michael and Victoria 5 bundle, and it seems that Michael is ok but Victoria's gens are not included. There are no morphs other than to just her breasts (no changing of nipples?), and there is nothing for her pubic area as well. Was the pubic area supposed to be a texture only or is there actual 3D? When looking at gens within the program I only see male options for everything.

I've read some other posts and they talk about textures missing certain things not being included by mistake. It is hard for me to judge cause I don't know what is missing and what is supposed to be there. When I installed the downloaded files, it seemed they were writing something somewhere, but it seems that female folder is virtually empty when compared to the male one. What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Screen_Shot_2012-11-05_at_12.28_.06_AM_.png
480 x 584 - 135K
Post edited by DAZ_Brian on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,824
    edited December 1969

The nipple morphs are part of the Evolution Body Morphs Set - as are the other general shaping morphs. The morphs included with V5 are just alternative over all shapes, not detail adjustments.

As for the genitals, they are a separate figure as with the male set - if they aren't showing in Smart Content try opening the Content Library pane and looking under DAZ Studio Formats>My Library>People>Genesis>Anatomy. The genital figure doesn't, however, include any additional shaping or dynamic morphs.

• sammandersammander Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ok I was able to get the female genitalia imported into the model using the way you described. Thanks. Now the only last thing is that is seems that it is not textured (gray). I believe that I read something about the texture files were missing and were not included with the DSON download? Has this been fixed? Do you know where I can find these and what is the quickest way to apply them. After that I promise I won't bug you anymore.

Thanks again for all your help!

edited December 1969

It should work to simply apply the same texture as you applied to Genesis.

edited December 1969

Ok thanks, I got it working. It would have been nice to have some variety, as Michael has shaved and unshaved. Do you know anything about missing textures for Victoria? Either way I got things working enough for now. Thanks. I hope eventually they update so Victoria gets some textures packed in for the genatalia beyond just nothing.

Cheers.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Iirc, the bundles come with the Bree texture for V5, it has a separate gens texture, and also a texture set for M5 with shaven and unshaven textures for the gens (i think it's called Philip).
    I'm not on my pc now, so i can't check for sure.

edited December 1969

Ok thanks I'll look around! Thanks!

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

I also am having trouble figuring this out.

If I try to apply gens for either M5 or v5 they are just grey. I can not figure out how to modify them at all to get the textures to apply and don't see the options you are referring to for shaven/unshaven etc. I do see files for M5 Phillip in the folder itself...but nothing for V5 and do not see the options to customize these.

Thanks.

edited December 1969

Select the genitals. For the V5 set apply the same skin material setting as you have on the base figure, for the male set apply the genital texture set (if there is one). You will need to right-click and choose the item from the menu, or use the Scene pane, to select the female genitals as they have only the bones of Genesis and selection will grab those instead.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

In the case of the V5 model I was able to apply the base skin color by doing the following:

1. add the female gens from the Content Library (it doesn't show up in the Smart Content for some reason)
    2. right click and then select female gens region/asset
    3. the smart panel instantly switched and gave me new material subset
    4. I was able to apply V5 Bree All preset.

But there doesn't seem to be any other options beyond this such as presets for hair type, etc

In the case of the M5 model these steps do not work at all.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

edited December 1969

You need to apply the preset for the Genesis body texture. The skin around the female genitals uses the same material zone and mapping as the original mesh, so the skin will apply seamlessly. Since the genitals are not the same figure as Genesis the files may well not appear in Smart Content so you will need to use the Content Library, or copy and paste from the Genesis 2_SkinHip zone using the Surfaces pane.

The male genitals obviously can't just apply the main body texture, for those you do need specific files which not all male sets will include. Being purely for the genitals the needed presets certainly should appear in Smart Content.

• MrWizard1024MrWizard1024 Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

There appears to be a bug in the 1.5 version -- it doesn't install an icon in Smart Content. That's part of what the problem is. The 1.4 version installs correctly.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

I have tried to apply these files also and it isn't working...the female genitalia shows in smart content and content library but it just stays grey, no texture, what do \i do to get it textured?

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

once I closedd andreopened DS the texture showed up in smart content and applied. Probably not a necessary item as my models will be wearing clothing but good to know how it works.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

I do know the Female Gens used to show up in Smart Content Library, but now they do not.

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

Having the same problem myself. doesn't show up in the Anatomy category, even if Genesis is present in the scene.

• PedrithPedrith Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

Ok. I have a problem. I don't even have an Anatomy folder and I just installed V5. I also have the required genesis morph pack and nothing is showing up via both methods discussed.

Help please.

David

edited December 1969

The genitals are a separate installer.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Pedrith said:
    Ok. I have a problem. I don't even have an Anatomy folder and I just installed V5. I also have the required genesis morph pack and nothing is showing up via both methods discussed.

Help please.

David

The basic Victoria 5 package does not include genitals. You need the pro version for that. There are morphs available for V5 which will accommodate you for simpler renders though.
  • PedrithPedrith Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the responses. I didn't realize that it was not included in the base package. I thought I was doing something wrong.

Cheers,

David

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited January 2013

I have both M5 & V5 Pro and installed the genital packs. Only the male genitals show up in Smart Content. It doesn't matter what I apply I can't get the genitals to take on skin colour. No genital skin presets show up either. I'm starting to wonder if this is my lack of experience using DAZ or some kind of censorship arrangement so as not to offend parents whose teens use DAZ Studio.

I wish there were proper genital presets and the genitals moved in a lifelike way with the figures. I'm trying to create lifelike scenes that include nudity but DAZ seems a bit prudish about this which I think is odd considering all the beef/cheesecake figures available in the shop. I'm not creating sexual scenes (I've no objection to people using genitals how they wish though) but for a media project for college that contains partial nudity.

PS I don't know how I got the "Superdog" screen name but it does sound a bit sleazy unfortunately. :(

Post edited by Superdog on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Most of the M4 gens texture should work fine with the genesis ones. As for V5 you can easily just apply the same 'Hip' material as V5 herself to the genitals. As long as you've set the UV set to the same, it will look just fine. If you need a more, ahem, 'detailed interior', then I'm out of ideas. Though Renderotica probably has a few things to accommodate even the most drastic situations you might need genitals for.

• edited December 1969

As for hair, this is the same problem as for V4, hard to avoid as you both want shaved or hair in her color. If you have an intime hair figure for V4 try to fit it.
    Another option is to make an hair layer.
    Renderotica has an set with detailed morphs for the genitals.

edited December 1969

Ok, thanks, I'll try that. I just need genitals that look as natural as the Genesis models do so that there's a semblance of reality in the project I'm working on. I'm not aiming for close ups or functioning genitals apart from their natural movement (in M5 anyway) when animated. I can't seem to get the textures to apply themselves to the genitals which remain a grey colour whatever I seem to do. I'll keep experimenting until something works.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited January 2013

Superdog said:
    Ok, thanks, I'll try that. I just need genitals that look as natural as the Genesis models do so that there's a semblance of reality in the project I'm working on. I'm not aiming for close ups or functioning genitals apart from their natural movement (in M5 anyway) when animated. I can't seem to get the textures to apply themselves to the genitals which remain a grey colour whatever I seem to do. I'll keep experimenting until something works.

Wait ... are you trying to apply M5 genital textures to the Genesis Male Genitalia (GMG), or M4 textures?

All M5 sets I've seen where they have genital textures also have presets to apply them that work; you select the genital figure, then double-click the preset, and voila! dingus! (That said, I'm working with Studio, not Poser via DSON, so I don't know what the differences there might be.)

If you're using the DAZ-supplied GMG figure, M4 textures absolutely will not work with the new genital figure. The UVs and texture shapes are too different. For that, you would need either to use the M4 figure, parented to the pelvis, or CauriB's male genitalia figure, which requires you to have a purchased copy of the DAZ gens (which you do). Even then, the textures need to be applied manually, although you can then save them off as a materials preset.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • edited January 2013

use the Karina prop from ShareCG for fem-gens ... Make your own Genesis morph for fit .... has all the morphs you'll ever need. Just reparent it to the Pelvis rather than the Hip, then move it into place using the morph dials ... Try it with the Wet Skin shader from there ......have fun!!

Post edited by sparky_1_1bcc1a2f60 on
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:
    Wait ... are you trying to apply M5 genital textures to the Genesis Male Genitalia (GMG), or M4 textures?

All M5 sets I've seen where they have genital textures also have presets to apply them that work; you select the genital figure, then double-click the preset, and voila! dingus! (That said, I'm working with Studio, not Poser via DSON, so I don't know what the differences there might be.)

If you're using the DAZ-supplied GMG figure, M4 textures absolutely will not work with the new genital figure. The UVs and texture shapes are too different. For that, you would need either to use the M4 figure, parented to the pelvis, or CauriB's male genitalia figure, which requires you to have a purchased copy of the DAZ gens (which you do). Even then, the textures need to be applied manually, although you can then save them off as a materials preset.

Thanks! I've finally worked out how to apply materials to the genital region by following your advice. They look very natural on the M5 figure. I bought some new genial textures (jpgs) for different skin colours which I've put in the runtime folder (DAZ Studio 4.5) but DAZ doesn't seem to see them so I don't know how to apply these. I can't seem to find them in any part of the content library at all. Maybe I need to import them somehow?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

If they are just jpg images, you need to apply them to the Diffuse under the Surfaces pane...then you can save out a preset for them.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

use the Karina prop from ShareCG for fem-gens ... Make your own Genesis morph for fit .... has all the morphs you'll ever need. Just reparent it to the Pelvis rather than the Hip, then move it into place using the morph dials ... Try it with the Wet Skin shader from there ......have fun!!
    Yep. The Karina MK II is a great piece, and the V4 body morphs needed to use it can easily be transferred to Genesis using Gen X, so they don't have to be made from scratch.
  • kyryiakyryia Posts: 46
    edited March 2013

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with the textures and Genitalia prop for V5.

Whenever I apply the textures and maps the Genitalia there always is a small gap which is not textured. I tried this with 10 different skin sets, and the gap is always there.

Does anyone here have a clue on how to fix this issue??

EDIT: I fixed it: The Problem if anyone else is having this issue is to set the UV Set to Victoria 5 on the "Skinhip" surface properties

Image removed by a Moderator

Post edited by Chohole on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Superdog said:

There is another option:
    http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-body-morph-resource-kit-1

This morph set includes a genital morph for the Genesis female, and it is excellent. That and you also get a set of excellent morphs.