Actual Face Hair

PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if this product is the one Mec4D was working on in the old forum?

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/actual-face-hair

I don't think it is but I want to be sure....

Thanks

Pen

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,723
    edited December 1969

It is not made by Mech4d so it is probably not a Mech4d product. It is probably using similar technology but by a different artist.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Thanks Miss Bad Wolf, that was what I thought. Just wanted to be sure as I don't want to miss Cath's product when it comes out. ; )

Pen

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited June 2012

I know .. Cath is MIA! :bug:

Post edited by RAMWolff on
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Where is her website? I thought there was some free stuff on it that I wanted to get.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Where is her website? I thought there was some free stuff on it that I wanted to get.

http://www.mec4d.com/store/

edited December 1969

Just sent her a little note so maybe she will post!

:-)

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    RAMWolff said:

http://www.mec4d.com/store/

Thanks for the link.

edited December 1969

Yea, I think she was working on a Buddy 3 for Genesis or something like that!

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

Hi Guys, I finished my hairy product 2 weeks ago , it was created for DAZ , I don;t know when they release it as I don;t have any control over it , the product will have 30 unique beards , chest-trail-pubic-legs-arm hair and was created for M5 , hover the beards will works mostly on any figures . I suspect it will release next week

so look forward to it released official by DAZ
    the beard you pointed out in this topic is by someone else that used the technique we was speaking about in the January
    but the new product will be huge so look forward to it

I am working now for my other clients , and soon also releasing new 2 fantasy figures with clothing and accessories

Cath

• RonSRonS Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

Thanks Cath! I'm REALLY looking forward to your hair set!

edited December 1969

Hey Cath,
    Thanks for stopping in hon!
    So what characters are you working on??
    Love to see some screen shots.
    XO
    Richard

edited December 1969

Can't tell at this moment as it is collaboration with a game company
    but soon you will see , just fantasy creatures with own clothing hair props just full package characters .

xoxo
    Cath

edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    Hi Guys, I finished my hairy product 2 weeks ago , it was created for DAZ , I don;t know when they release it as I don;t have any control over it , the product will have 30 unique beards , chest-trail-pubic-legs-arm hair and was created for M5 , hover the beards will works mostly on any figures . I suspect it will release next week

so look forward to it released official by DAZ
    the beard you pointed out in this topic is by someone else that used the technique we was speaking about in the January
    but the new product will be huge so look forward to it

I am working now for my other clients , and soon also releasing new 2 fantasy figures with clothing and accessories

Cath

So pleased to hear this Cath...: )
    edited December 1969

I can't wait to see it released myself as it is really amazing product , I really expanded it to max so i guess you will have everything you need
    it looks great in all software , no need for high resolution just the way it should be and with 30 unique styles it can't get wrong , plus you can mix them for unique extra 15 looks so versatile .

• RLSprouseRLSprouse Posts: 288
    edited December 1969

Looking forward to the new facial hair product. By the way, Cath, I just visited your store and fell in love with Magda... had to have her! ;-) Natasza and Magda are the most beautifully realistic figures I've seen yet. Great work, thank you!

~ Russ (a.k.a. Ansel)

edited December 1969

Will the new facial hair be only Genesis or will it be able to work on other figures?

edited December 1969

Genesis

edited December 1969

Yes Only Genesis and common shapes ,if you own M4 shapes for genesis , you can load the M4 shape while the beard is on, then choice the right beard style , export as obj and use as prop on M4 with point at the head , the M4 expression will not work but for still renders you can do that , the product have 30 styles and is huge , M4 need different setup but I don't own last Poser version as I work only with DS and Carrara and product will works in both as well . Another thing you can do after you get it , is exporting M4 obj shape of the beard and all styles included , then rig the main cloud base in Poser and load all the morphs into the new figure it still will not works with the expressions as for that you will need the additional expression morphs what in this case can't be done as the base is just a cloud object and not actual hair-fiber as the set is made manually and not using fibers .or automatic generating hair so little different , the base clouds are little geometrical rots and with the morph sliders you make them grow to desire length using the morph sliders in DS that why Poser creation would be total different , beside the product was created for DAZ and M5 in focus to compliment the M5 shape , and when the time come I would be happy to provide some support if you need one ... :)

go to http://youtu.be/M9cZ6Z486F4 and look for the last video showing the beard in action .

Cath

edited December 1969

Thanks Russ , still my favorite also :)) I am glad you like it !

Looking forward to the new facial hair product. By the way, Cath, I just visited your store and fell in love with Magda... had to have her! ;-) Natasza and Magda are the most beautifully realistic figures I've seen yet. Great work, thank you!

~ Russ (a.k.a. Ansel)

edited December 1969

Love it... "GROOM ROOM" lol Your so clever! XO

• beregarberegar Posts: 269
    edited December 1969

She sold the fibermesh hair to Daz but what is taking them so long to get it out. I've definitely not forgotten it! Me wants it nao! :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

There is a thread here, and Mec4D is taking part in it. I can merge this post with that thread, once I know you are aware of what I am going to do.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1096/

• beregarberegar Posts: 269
    edited December 1969

Oh oops. You can actually delete this one fully or merge it whichever you prefer. I didn't know there was a thread already. :)

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

Really looking forward to seeing this released :)

edited December 1969

:( I hope that's not the case. I've been looking forward to this product since Cath started working on it. Even did some of the testing for it. Hopefully Daz is holding on to make a grand release. Don't think they'd buy the product from Cath if they weren't going to sell it.

edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:

Yeah, somehow I don't ever see this item being released. It's most likely already been rejected by Daz for one reason or another.

Also, this post is like two dozen or so pages back, considering this forum is still currently inoperable.

What a waste.
    The main problem is that the threads are being organized by when the first post was made not when the newest post in the thread was made.

edited June 2012

Looking forward to them fixing that up too. Not particularly looking forward to the wait, mind you. :-/

oh, and Miss Bad Wolf... chocolate sounds good! (re - sig :-))

Post edited by shaaelia on
    edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:

Yeah, somehow I don't ever see this item being released. It's most likely already been rejected by Daz for one reason or another.

Also, this post is like two dozen or so pages back, considering this forum is still currently inoperable.

What a waste.
    This is a revolutionary product...I highly doubt that DAZ 3D would reject it. It's most likely that they are holding it for special event. I believe Cath said that they bought it from her I doubt that they would have done that only to reject it.

They have in the past bought products and then released them much later. Given that this product is for Genesis they may be waiting to have something that they can offer Poser users at the same time.

I suggest we wait and see...; )

edited December 1969

I agree Pendraia. Here's to waiting for that special event! :-)

edited December 1969

snuggles into a corner to wait and hands out tim tams...

Hopefully it will come out in the next two weeks so I have time to play with.