Star Trek Builders Unite 2 "Renderings on the Edge of Forever"

Comments

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

Thank you ssgbryan for the pose set and to you too Matty for the new ship.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    TimG said:
    Sweet

does it have landing struts?

Just a prop, no landing struts or pads. To my knowledge, its a space dock shuttle of some sort.

And Now available ...

cool, it's a neat design. I'm sure a landing cradle could be made my someone with primitives if they wanted.

is the Avenger a fighter?

edited December 1969

Actually Tim it looks like a Capital Ship I would say somewhat larger than the Intrepid class from the number of escape pods and the aft torpedo launches. Looking at it it seems to share the same main hull design with the Intrepid as well. But that is just my personal observations of the ship. Might have to do some research on it to find out more.

edited December 1969

OK I went and did some quick surfing and found out that the Avenger is fairly large, about the size of a sovereign class. Here is the like to an image that will give you a general idea of its size. http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs36/f/2008/242/e/d/Starship_Comparison_Chart_by_madeinjapan1988.jpg

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

OK I went and did some quick surfing and found out that the Avenger is fairly large, about the size of a sovereign class. Here is the like to an image that will give you a general idea of its size. http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs36/f/2008/242/e/d/Starship_Comparison_Chart_by_madeinjapan1988.jpg

Going by that chart, it looks like it's about the same length as a Galaxy-class ship.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

To be honest, I scaled it to about the same size as an Intrepid Class. The reason, is that windows are about the same size across all starships. Or at least they should be and when comparing windows to windows between this and the Voyager they came out about the same.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    edited December 1969

it's a nice design, but it does look more aggressive than the normal Federation design.

edited December 1969

Any of you guys know this hair model? The pic is from RDNA's latest newsletter. I'd asjk them, but I can't see anyway to post an image on their forums.

RDNA_Hair.jpg
    533 x 578 - 95K
  • edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Any of you guys know this hair model? The pic is from RDNA's latest newsletter. I'd asjk them, but I can't see anyway to post an image on their forums.

I believe the hair you are referencing can be found here: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/taeri-hair/92240

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

I believe the hair you are referencing can be found here: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/taeri-hair/92240

That's it! Thanks!

• edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    To be honest, I scaled it to about the same size as an Intrepid Class. The reason, is that windows are about the same size across all starships. Or at least they should be and when comparing windows to windows between this and the Voyager they came out about the same.

Honestly, when I saw it, I thought it was about the same size as an Intrepid Class, too. But, I usually scale the ships by comparing the size of the escape pods. Much like the windows, they should be the same size from ship to ship.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

Honestly, when I saw it, I thought it was about the same size as an Intrepid Class, too. But, I usually scale the ships by comparing the size of the escape pods. Much like the windows, they should be the same size from ship to ship.

I thought about that too but then a thought came to mind that with a larger vessel, the escape pods could be larger to house more people whereas deck size and window size should be roughly the same.

• edited December 1969

That's true.

Hey, this might be coming late (that's what I get for not checking my e-mail), but, all of VanishingPoint's store at Renderosity is 50% off today. So, if you've had your eye on one of his sets...

edited December 1969

That's true.

Hey, this might be coming late (that's what I get for not checking my e-mail), but, all of VanishingPoint's store at Renderosity is 50% off today. So, if you've had your eye on one of his sets...

I was just there and put Vanishing Point into their Marketplace search window and nothing came back. How about a link?

edited December 1969

I thought the same of the Avenger until I found the size chart, but I like that you scaled it to the Intrepid size. It has more of a smaller ship feel than that of the larger ships. She has that FFG (Fast Frigate) feel, fast and maneuverable without the gimmicky moving nacelles of the Intrepid. I huge thanks Matty for giving some of these more unusual designs new life for the Poser and DS community.

edited December 1969

Hi everyone,

I need some help from you all, back when we were on the old forums, I think it was Reggie69 posted a texture for the "The Next Adventure" sets that altered the next and shoulder panel to look more like the Star Trek style. I grabbed when it first came out but due to two computer swaps since then I have lost it. Can anyone help me with this or possible point me where to find it? I tried to find it in her gallery at ShareCG and the first page here with no luck. Any assistance with this would be hugely appreciated!

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 2012

Actually, if it is that there is a lot more under Erico's portfolio.
    http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=erico

Post edited by jmper on
    edited December 1969

Yes, yes it is! Thanks Jmper, it didn't show up when I did a search for Star Trek. Thanks for the help!

edited December 1969

Yes, yes it is! Thanks Jmper, it didn't show up when I did a search for Star Trek. Thanks for the help!

There are alot of 'Trek stuff on ShareCG. The site is run by Hypocrites. They refused to host my "Nova Trek" books because they're tied to a copywrited property- But, they'll host "23rd century starship bridges" and "Starship uniforms" that are clearly Star Trek designs. Over half their site is made up of projects based on copywrited properties- the ones that upload them simply don't use the copywrighted name. As a result, you have be creative sometimes with your searches.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I don't have anything on sharecg.com at the moment but when I do I'll use the terms "scifi", sometimes 'fantasy'.
    Everynow and then the lawyers that also use the site get rather edgy so I don't like leaving stuff there "forever".

This is the next set I'm working on atm. A little guesswork and estimating ... so am also making it a little modular so people can resize, not use, replace, whatever, as they please. I'm not modeling in the items for the wall ... no specific textures planned. I will model in the actual brig 'door'.

wip3.png
    799 x 508 - 127K
    wip2.png
    799 x 507 - 60K
    wip.png
    799 x 479 - 79K
    edited December 1969

That is a great looking brig so far, will this be available for everyone and will it had the consoles and monitors with it or will they have to be added from other sets.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

That is a great looking brig so far, will this be available for everyone and will it had the consoles and monitors with it or will they have to be added from other sets.

If I can get the brig made before the chariot comes to take me home, yes it'll be available free for everyone.

It's rather busy 'round here right now ... may or not come with a security console, we'll see.

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

I don't have anything on sharecg.com at the moment but when I do I'll use the terms "scifi", sometimes 'fantasy'.
    Everynow and then the lawyers that also use the site get rather edgy so I don't like leaving stuff there "forever".

This is the next set I'm working on atm. A little guesswork and estimating ... so am also making it a little modular so people can resize, not use, replace, whatever, as they please. I'm not modeling in the items for the wall ... no specific textures planned. I will model in the actual brig 'door'.

Looks great, I remember seeing a picture and floor layout of the Enterprise D Brig in the 2nd generation technical manual, but now I can't find my copy, so I will be tearing the house apart in a few minutes.. I did find my DS9 tech manual with its Brig.

however I did find this..

1000px-USS_Enterprise-D_brig.jpg
    1000 x 391 - 33K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for making a great freebie for all of this, and I for one am looking forward to this. However the whole Chariot comment has made me wonder, English? Sorry if I am prying and feel free not to answer, but I work with the English, Australians, South Africans and am constantly trying to keep up with all of their sayings and accents.

• edited December 1969

To let you all know, RPublishing's store at Renderosity is also 50% off. There's some Trek-related stuff in there, too, like a Galaxy Class transporter room, sickbay, NX-01 bridge, Excelsior Class bridge.

Here's the link:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=253496

• Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Thanks Blubeetle

To let you all know, RPublishing's store at Renderosity is also 50% off. There's some Trek-related stuff in there, too, like a Galaxy Class transporter room, sickbay, NX-01 bridge, Excelsior Class bridge.

Here's the link:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=253496

This discussion has been closed.