Send In The Clones and Send In The Clones Pro Now for DS4.5 [Commercial]

1235»

Comments

• LKLK Posts: 23
    edited December 1969

tjeb said:
    If it is simple cloning, have you tried in the Create menu:
    New Node Instance & New Node Instances ?

Example: I created light, changed his propeties, changed his hight posicion. In any 3D-software I can press Shift + arrow and I'll be have full copy of this light. Than I can make next 10 copies easy and fast.
    In the DAZ I need create 12 lights, need change propeties 12 times, need change hight 12 times. Is it smart?

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited February 2014

sl_klever said:
    tjeb said:
    If it is simple cloning, have you tried in the Create menu:
    New Node Instance & New Node Instances ?

Example: I created light, changed his propeties, changed his hight posicion. In any 3D-software I can press Shift + arrow and I'll be have full copy of this light. Than I can make next 10 copies easy and fast.
    In the DAZ I need create 12 lights, need change propeties 12 times, need change hight 12 times. Is it smart?

Bad example to choose:

Create spotlight. Make the spotlight the active object.
    Create->New Spotlight...
    open the "Show Options" area
    select Copy Selected Item:
    Click on "Accept".

New exact copy of the same spotlight.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • LKLK Posts: 23
    edited February 2014

It's not fast cloning. It's "a dancing with a tambourine" around program options.
    The author has made a script for cloning for money. I want to know how to use it.

Post edited by LK on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited February 2014

Is there an easy 1-click method of doing triangular formations like this?:

o o o o o o o o o o
     o o o o o o o o o
      o o o o o o o o
       o o o o o o o
        o o o o o o
         o o o o o
          o o o o
           o o o 
            o o
             o

Right now, I set the y-trans and z-trans to 0 and up the x-trans to 100 (I'm working with smaller instanced props, not giant figures). I then hit the clone button 9x, upping the number of clones by 1 each time (the one in front is the default clone you get @ load, hence only 9x). Then I group them in groups of 2, 3, 4, 5, etc and change the x-trans back to 0 on each group and then keep adding for the z-trans (-170, -340, -510, etc). Just curious if there's a trick in there somewhere to do this all in a single click.

Also, possibly in a future update, the ability to just drag/drop from the content library without fishing through the file open dialog.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • rksrks100rksrks100 Posts: 49
    edited December 1969

Hi I would appreciate some help with SITC setup and clarification if I'm missing something obvious. I just purchased this script (current V2.0.1) for the purpose of creating multiple copies of plants on a terrain (a bit like instancing but I appreciate the difference). I've got the random creation and translation part working on objects but to my surprise, I need to install another script (mcjcollider) to have the plants sit on the terrain. Upon installation into plugins, mcjcollider does not show up under the create menu in Daz Studio 4.6. I noted that mcjcollider has a ".dll" suffix but all other plugins appear to have ".dylib" suffix. (I'm using a Mac and I'm guessing the dylib is the mac version and ell is the pc version?). Whereas the script is sold for Daz 4.7 it does indicate within the user interface that it's for 4.5, implying to me that an update was not necessary for 4.7. I understand that once I get mcjcollider working, I would benefit by installing yet another script: "come on down" but I haven't got to that yet. If my guess about mac vs pc is correct, where can I get mcjcollider for the mac ?

I would have expected that the above functionality be part of SITC as populating of plants on a terrain is an obvious use of the script. Any guidance would be much appreciated- thanks !.

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

rksrks100 said:
    Hi I would appreciate some help with SITC setup and clarification if I'm missing something obvious. I just purchased this script (current V2.0.1) for the purpose of creating multiple copies of plants on a terrain (a bit like instancing but I appreciate the difference). I've got the random creation and translation part working on objects but to my surprise, I need to install another script (mcjcollider) to have the plants sit on the terrain. Upon installation into plugins, mcjcollider does not show up under the create menu in Daz Studio 4.6. I noted that mcjcollider has a ".dll" suffix but all other plugins appear to have ".dylib" suffix. (I'm using a Mac and I'm guessing the dylib is the mac version and ell is the pc version?). Whereas the script is sold for Daz 4.7 it does indicate within the user interface that it's for 4.5, implying to me that an update was not necessary for 4.7. I understand that once I get mcjcollider working, I would benefit by installing yet another script: "come on down" but I haven't got to that yet. If my guess about mac vs pc is correct, where can I get mcjcollider for the mac ?

I would have expected that the above functionality be part of SITC as populating of plants on a terrain is an obvious use of the script. Any guidance would be much appreciated- thanks !.

mcjcollider is not my plugin to include with Send In The Clones. It was by mCasual and released as a freebie http://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/mcjcollider-plugin .

I did write Come On Down which uses the mcjcollider plugin and released that as a freebie also, available at Share CG http://www.sharecg.com/v/44382/ .

I have no idea if the plugin works on a Mac... I am not a Mac user.