BotMoto Sci-Fi Superbike On Sale Now! (yay, finally)

ParrisParris Posts: 392

Hi Everyone,

Here's a new vehicle for your renders that I had a lot of fun making! I hope you will enjoy playing with it. It's a highend custom or futuristic motorcycle that transforms into a jet hover bike as well. It also has material settings that change it into a light cycle with glowing engine accents, and polymer resin tires that reveal neon lights inside. It has a whole lot of possibilities for different looks.

As of now this product is scheduled for release on Sunday (07/17/16), but we're always warned that this is subject to change if DAZ needs to shift some stuff around (so that's my "thereabouts" disclaimer).

BotMoto_1.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 843K
BotMoto_2.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 612K
BotMoto_3.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 579K
BotMoto_4.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 480K
BotMoto_5.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 553K
Post edited by Parris on

Comments

• ParrisParris Posts: 392
    edited July 2016

Here's some more views. Please let me know if you have questions.

BotMoto_6.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 479K
    BotMoto_7.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 794K
    BotMoto_8.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 570K
    BotMoto_10.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 330K
    BotMoto_9.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 589K
    Post edited by Parris on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,892

REALLY nice model, and some top-knotch promo renders.

Thank you!

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761

I want one!

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,714

This is the bomb! I was prepared to spend a lot more on a hoverbike from TurboSquid because I needed something sleeker than SkyBike2 and with room for a pillion rider. I wish I could see the second set of promo renders (links appear to be broken), so I could see a better view of the hoverbike option. Great idea, well executed.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

A must buy for sure.

Thank you all for the compliments!

@xyero : I think I fixed the link problem. Let me know.

Also, I may have to limit how much I do this because of time, but if there is something you want to see about the bike that isn't covered adequately in my first two posts, please let me know and I'll try to post another render.

Thanks so much, Parris, that covers all my questions except two: 1) Can I safely assume that each of the parts are different material zones? 2) Are you including the rider poses, and if so, can you add a pillion (passenger) pose?

You really scored with this one. Hopefully Daz will release it without competition.

edited July 2016

3) Can we hide the front wheel and front wheel forks on the Jet Transformer mode, essentially making a hybrid of Jet Transformer and Jet Hover modes? 

Sorry. I see that there is also a Jet Transformer Hover mode.

Post edited by xyer0 on
    edited July 2016
    xyero said:

Thanks so much, Parris, that covers all my questions except two: 1) Can I safely assume that each of the parts are different material zones? 2) Are you including the rider poses, and if so, can you add a pillion (passenger) pose?

You really scored with this one. Hopefully Daz will release it without competition.

You are so welcome! Answer to #1: Each part that moves is a bone, so they can be hidden that way. Some parts have more than one material zone. Answer to #2: I haven't included poses but I have positioned the back peg and sport handle bars to match Yamaki Rapture, and the front peg and ape hangers to match Heavy Motorcycle Road Cruiser, so with some adjustment existing pose sets should work well. If the product does well, I absolutely do want to follow up with a pose set and I think I have some kickass ideas for that. The passenger pose would be a must because I made the seat and extra foot rest.

Post edited by Parris on

Looks great. Thanks for fixing the link. Where does the front wheel go when it goes bye-bye?

Sigurd said:

Looks great. Thanks for fixing the link. Where does the front wheel go when it goes bye-bye?

Great question! My father-in-law asked the same thing. He's a big Harley Enthusiast. The answer is "Poof"! Sorry, I tried to think of a way to transform it like with the back wheel, but I couldn't figure out a way that wouldn't mess with the design too much. So the front wheel, guard, and forks are just invisible. If you use the Jet Transformer example though, it is rigged pretty cool for animation. This promo shows what moves and how.

BotMoto_11.jpg
    1660 x 1000 - 754K
    Parris said:
    xyero said:

You are so welcome! Answer to #1: Each part that moves is a bone, so they can be hidden that way. Some parts have more than one material zone. Answer to #2: I haven't included poses but I have positioned the back peg and sport handle bars to match Yamaki Rapture, and the front peg and ape hangers to match Heavy Motorcycle Road Cruiser, so with some adjustment existing pose sets should work well. If the product does well, I absolutely do want to follow up with a pose set and I think I have some kickass ideas for that. The passenger pose would be a must because I made the seat and extra foot rest.

Really ingenious of you to match the architecture of two big sellers. I suggest you start on that pose set now, because there has been a huge hole in the market for this product. It hearkens to retro without being retro, and it is engineered like it just might be real world functional. Plus, your promos are next level state-of-the-art, although the bike is so wicked that I'd buy it even if it were an unrigged .obj. I'll be getting it by the 23rd unless Daz holds it back. Make some more future vehicles please!

edited July 2016
    xyero said:
    Parris said:
    xyero said:

Really ingenious of you to match the architecture of two big sellers. I suggest you start on that pose set now, because there has been a huge hole in the market for this product. It hearkens to retro without being retro, and it is engineered like it just might be real world functional. Plus, your promos are next level state-of-the-art, although the bike is so wicked that I'd buy it even if it were an unrigged .obj. I'll be getting it by the 23rd unless Daz holds it back. Make some more future vehicles please!

Man, if you're not making a living as a critic or something related to writing, you definitely could be. It's comments like this that make being an artist worth the hassle! And you are really seeing and mentioning all the things I was trying to pull off. I can't thank you enough.

For those that are wondering, my current plan (if I can swing it, and order YTBD) is to create a pose set for this, possibly a rider outfit with helmet, Bot Genesis for Genesis 3, and maybe a futuristic car with similar principles incorporated.

Post edited by Parris on
    Parris said:
    xyero said:
    Parris said:
    xyero said:

Man, if you're not making a living as a critic or something related to writing, you definitely could be. It's comments like this that make being an artist worth the hassle! And you are really seeing and mentioning all the things I was trying to pull off. I can't thank you enough.

For those that are wondering, my current plan (if I can swing it, and order YTBD) is to create a pose set for this, possibly a rider outfit with helmet, Bot Genesis for Genesis 3, and maybe a futuristic car with similar principles incorporated.

I'm a critic for free, but I do write for love and money. I really love seeing someone go for it all without holding back or making excuses. It's obvious that this is what you have done. So, if I can encourage you with words and purchases, I'm gonna do it. I've been asking petipet, TruForm, and DzFire to make some futuristic cars for the past year, and only Polish answered the call with Mini Car Nino. I need a whole line of futuristic consumer multi-passenger land autos, and it's looking like I'm going to have to fix up some .obj's in order to get them. I shall thank you very much for your futuristic cart asap. This is very exciting, and I tend to gush like a fanboy when I see imagination materialised. 

• pdspds Posts: 593

This looks fantastic. A definite purchase when it drops!

edited July 2016

Thanks pds!

Earlier, I didn't really pick up on the fact that xero was pointing to Snow Sultan's thread on Material Zones. So here's a Material Zone Render. I hope it is useful. BotMoto has 54 material zones based on what I hope are logical groups:

afterburner, body_1, body_2, body_3, bolts, brake_bulbs, brake_covers, camera_lens, console, control_covers, controls, core, drive_wheels, engine_1, engine_2, engine_3, engine_4, engine_5, engine_6, engine_block_bars, forks_1,forks_2, glow_accent, grips, headlight, headlight_covers, intake_mesh, intake_wall, led, mesh, mirror, pipes, piston_core, reflector,rims_1, rims_2, rubber, seat, shock_body, shock_cover, shock_spring, signal _covers, speaker_bowl, tach_glass, tire, trim_1, trim_2, turbines, turn_signal_l, turn_signal_r, wheels_guards, wheel_tubes, windshield, and wire.

There are also 48 bones (parts that can be hidden).

BotMoto_12.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 460K
    BotMoto_12.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 562K
    Post edited by Parris on

I have a question regarding the guards on the wheel on all versions save the stripped one. If one were to excellerate quickly and the front of the bike should start to rise, would not this guard catch on the street? Just wondering.

For sure. Kind of impractical like a low rider or a front spoiler. Remember you can always hide the guards with whatever configuration.

Parris said:

Thanks pds!

Earlier, I didn't really pick up on the fact that xero was pointing to Snow Sultan's thread on Material Zones. So here's a Material Zone Render. I hope it is useful. BotMoto has 54 material zones based on what I hope are logical groups:

afterburner, body_1, body_2, body_3, bolts, brake_bulbs, brake_covers, camera_lens, console, control_covers, controls, core, drive_wheels, engine_1, engine_2, engine_3, engine_4, engine_5, engine_6, engine_block_bars, forks_1,forks_2, glow_accent, grips, headlight, headlight_covers, intake_mesh, intake_wall, led, mesh, mirror, pipes, piston_core, reflector,rims_1, rims_2, rubber, seat, shock_body, shock_cover, shock_spring, signal _covers, speaker_bowl, tach_glass, tire, trim_1, trim_2, turbines, turn_signal_l, turn_signal_r, wheels_guards, wheel_tubes, windshield, and wire.

There are also 48 bones (parts that can be hidden).

Whoa! I mean, wow! How long were you working on this? Please let Snow Sultan know that you heard his cry.

BTW, great product name. Your entire vision was excellent.

I guess this is dropping more toward "thereabouts"... wink

It is still July the 17th somewhere.

Dang, well... I got a notification today that this is rescheduled for Saturday the 23rd. Of course this comes with the same disclaimer. But I'm hopeful that will be D day!

• LintonLinton Posts: 541

Insta-buy as soon as it hits the marketplace.

I have long been holding out for a sci fi bike that can fly too. This is amazingly cool looking, well-zoned for a huge amount of material swapping, and I secodn the extra poses for rider and passenger. However, your statement about adding a helmet (with poses for holding, putting on, and taking off please!) would it be okay to ask for an open face version, as well as one that has drop down pads for over the eyes? I have added some files to showcae what I mean by that. While these are copyrighted items, they are geat designs for sci fi helms, and something similar would be most welcome!

4cbb24fdba8b89b649795643c4d102f2.jpg
    236 x 303 - 10K
    67094d5316ef460fda5dfe9224b7c68c.jpg
    736 x 802 - 62K
    934c5787be142daee6565ebcf760bf33.jpg
    564 x 751 - 52K
    636c8f5171f9457b5c44bed03097ba4c.jpg
    564 x 376 - 28K
    2da5841165a7bfc5206f3b68eca19b95.jpg
    736 x 365 - 36K
    2b757839bfa0d3c3fcab78ed682c18c9.jpg
    736 x 809 - 67K
    20160714032627597.jpg
    420 x 630 - 27K
    edited July 2016

Thank you for the compliments, Linton! Your suggestions about poses and helmet features are excellent and right in line with my own thinking about what is super cool in sci fi. You're right to mention copyright; I definitely will want to do my own design. But, I really appreciate that you took the time to show me exactly what you mean (with examples). If/when I make a pose addon and helmet, etc. I will keep your suggestions in mind. In fact, like xyero's ideas, they are such good ones, it would be foolish not to.

Post edited by Parris on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited July 2016

Just to let you know, the material zones are what sold me on this; I don't buy vehicles as I model em myself - see my avatar pic, but as I've never done a bike, this is a possibility I am now considering.

Post edited by nicstt on
    Parris said:

Dang, well... I got a notification today that this is rescheduled for Saturday the 23rd. Of course this comes with the same disclaimer. But I'm hopeful that will be D day!

Thanks for the update.  Looking forward to picking this up and supporting your work!

Parris said:

Thank you for the compliments, Linton! Your suggestions about poses and helmet features are excellent and right in line with my own thinking about what is super cool in sci fi. You're right to mention copyright; I definitely will want to do my own design. But, I really appreciate that you took the time to show me exactly what you mean (with examples). If/when I make a pose addon and helmet, etc. I will keep your suggestions in mind. In fact, like xyero's ideas, they are such good ones, it would be foolish not to.

It would be great too if the drop down over the eye could operate separately, over either eye, it would add so many more functions and stylisation to the helmet.

Also, will there be a weaponary add-on pack for the bike? Prefer not cheesy rockets or missles, but machine guns, or laser beam gattling guns would be cool.

edited July 2016
    Linton said:

It would be great too if the drop down over the eye could operate separately, over either eye, it would add so many more functions and stylisation to the helmet.

Another, great idea. Me likes.

Linton said:

Also, will there be a weaponary add-on pack for the bike? Prefer not cheesy rockets or missles, but machine guns, or laser beam gattling guns would be cool.

Marketing has also suggested a weaponry add-on, so I am considering it. Serious question: What makes rockets or missles cheesy (I need to know because I hate cheesy)? Can you define it, or maybe show me?

Post edited by Parris on
    edited July 2016

I will get some images of cheesy rockets in my next post, but what defines cheesy is oversized, shark face on the side, rockets that don't look like military weaponary, but something from a Warner Bros. cartoon. 

When you look at sidewinder missiles on a fighter jet, they are designed with death in mind. They are lethal, dangerous, and scary. They aren't particularly big, or brightly coloured with a red tip and white shaft (that's cheesy to me). Missiles and rockets have weight, and too large they would weigh the plane, or bike down. Having small, functional missiles and cannons would be more realistic (and while fantasy can be over the top), sci fi should be grounded in the realm of scientifically possible, even if not possible now.

The cannons and weapons would need to be stored somewhere on the bike frame, or added over the top as a lock on product that bolts on. That's got to be positioned somewhere, and the sleek design you have made could be made clunky by heavy weaponary, and that's where small missiles, and a gattling cannon could replace bulky weapons.

Having a slide out with more missiles than the bike has storage, or capacity to carry would enter the realm of cheese too. Even the best fighter jets in the world only carry the bare necessity of weaponary, because missiles and bullets get heavy.

Here are some images I found, not exactly in the realm of cheese but pretty close. Thanks for listening!

download.jpg
    266 x 190 - 4K
    images (1).jpg
    217 x 232 - 6K
    600px-MaskFeelingLucky-1.jpg
    600 x 325 - 73K
    Post edited by Linton on