Launched in December 1981, the 941-'TK-208' was the first of the six Russian Typhoon-class heavy ballistic missile submarines to enter service. Typhoon-class submarines are the world's largest and were one of the most feared weapons of the Cold War as they prowled the world's oceans. They are quieter than their predecessors, and despite their enormous size, they are also more maneuverable. A few of these submarines may still be in service.
- Length: 570 ft (174 m)
- Beam: 75 ft (23 m)
- Draft: 39 ft (12 m)
- Displacement: 24,000 tons surfaced; 40,000 tons submerged
- Crew: 150
- Armament: 6 torpedo tubes, 20 R-39 ballistic missiles
- Maximum Speed: Approx. 26 knots
- Maximum Diving Depth: 500 meters
- 2 pressurized water nuclear reactors, 190 MW each
- 2 steam turbines, 50,000 hp each
- Propellers: two 7 blade fixed-pitch, shrouded.
This fully textured Bryce model is ready for placement into any Bryce scene. Modular design allows for easy customizing.
What's Included and FeaturesFeatures
- 20 missile hatches that swing open
- Six removable torpedo hatches
- Two main hatches that swing open
- Propellers can rotate
- Rudders can pivot
- Bow hydroplanes can be retracted or hidden
- Two working doors
- Antenna and periscope openings include covers
- Texture templates included for easy retexturing
- Fully textured missile included