DForce Vintage Baby Outfit - How well does it fit other Gen 8 Characters?

Curiousity, how well does the Vintage Baby Outfit convert to a Gen 8 adult female character? (Or even a teen?) https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-vintage-baby-for-caryn-8

Generally I expect outfits to transfer well, but wasn't sure if the sizing would make a difference or if there's anything unusual in the baby's morph that would make their outfits not work well on an adult.

If anyone has a quick render, I'd love to see it. :-)

Comments

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,257

Yes, I would like to know that, too. I don't own Caryn, but I think this set and it's textures could make nice G8F clothes; something like a simpler Regency outfit. 

• SBibbSBibb Posts: 596
    caravelle said:

Yes, I would like to know that, too. I don't own Caryn, but I think this set and it's textures could make nice G8F clothes; something like a simpler Regency outfit. 

Agreed. That's why I'm hoping it might work well on an adult figure, and was hoping to see an example render.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Add me to the list of people who wants to know. I would buy it immediately, if I knew I could use it on my custom-dialed babies that don't use Caryn for the base.

• MunemanMuneman Posts: 218

There's this to consider: http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/public/read_me/index/64431/64431_dforce_vintage_baby_for_caryn_8.pdf

"Note: This product is meant to work only for Caryn, DO NOT attempt to work on the default adult shape since is not optimized for that."

This is about simulations, but it probably means adult shapes are probably gonna be awkwardly autofitted. 

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    Muneman said:

There's this to consider: http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/public/read_me/index/64431/64431_dforce_vintage_baby_for_caryn_8.pdf

"Note: This product is meant to work only for Caryn, DO NOT attempt to work on the default adult shape since is not optimized for that."

This is about simulations, but it probably means adult shapes are probably gonna be awkwardly autofitted. 

Disappointing.  Was considering purchasing it to use with youth morphed Genesis 8

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,294
    edited October 2019

I don't have Caryn (nor any real intention of getting her), but I did pick up this dress. Works fine on the adult G8F for me, including simulation. Quick and dirty render below (CPU only, so it is not fully converged).

GBF Vintage Dress.jpg
    800 x 800 - 38K
    Post edited by Havos on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,257

Thank you, Havos and Muneman. I bought the set, and I found that it works quite ok with Zev0's youth morphs. I think I'll keep it; it's too nicely done...heart

• JGreenleesJGreenlees Posts: 2,249

yes it will work but this was made specifically for Caryn and doesn't work well with all shapes and sizes. it's a use at your own character's risque kind of thing (and yes i meant risque trust me lol)

• SBibbSBibb Posts: 596

Awesome, thanks for the render, @Havos. I appreciate it. :-)

Good to see that it can work, though it might have issues with certain characters, as Muneman and JGreenless stated.

yes it will work but this was made specifically for Caryn and doesn't work well with all shapes and sizes. it's a use at your own character's risque kind of thing (and yes i meant risque trust me lol)

Given how some DForce clothes like to explode and promptly vanish away from the character's body, I suspect I know what you mean.