Tutorials ... Tutorials ... ** New** Making Clothing using AutoFit

Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 673
edited November 28 in Freebies

Yes, I make a few ;-)

This week there is the main one for Making V4/M4 autofit clones for the G8 figures. One requires the V4/M4 shapes for Genesis sold in the store. I show how to use a hidden clone as well as how to use a shape [after all, not all figures have clones].

The other two are butterfly tutorials, spin offs from the main one.

If I have made any glaring boo-boos, kindly send me a PM. Little difficult proof reading one's own work.

Fixing Poke Through Using Hexagon

Making a Clothing Item

Making V4/M4 AutoFit Clones for the Genesis 8 Figures

a mini-index ;-) Most recent additions to the top of the list.

Making Clothing using Autofit in Daz Studio

Making Basic Shader Presets and the Making of the Runner Carpets

Notes with regards to using Decimator

Building a Shader in D/S4.12

Lights 'n Domes

Cardboard to Go, making cardboard figures

Making Little Eye Morphs

Using the Face Transfer Plugin

Using the Face Bones of G3 and Creating a Geograft Face Mask plus the Mask.

Making Projection Morphs
Making Hair Using Hexagon {and D/S and Garibaldi, etc.}

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 5,006

There is no download for the Autofit Clones!

But Thank you so much for these tutorials!

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,629

Thank You very much. I will need to learn that :)

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 673
    edited October 27

There is no download for the Autofit Clones!

But Thank you so much for these tutorials!

The only AutoFit Clones I have available are on the post in another thread. Nobody can share the V4/M4 AutoFit Clones that are made by following the tutorial. Derivative product of items sold in the store ;-)

You're quite welcome.

• Thank You very much. I will need to learn that :)

You're quite welcome. Any questions feel free to ask.

• Thank you very much. Great work!

Ok, thanks, I will, I have downloaded it and stored it on my HD. Hope to read it soon. Fixing poke trough is what I need for start. I am trying to this one too, how to make morphs on terrain found it in new user contest thread from june, but it seems to be outdated a bit. I hope I will be able to learn from it https://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6484/

Thanks again, need to find Your Renderosity account, there are some tutorials that I missed there....

edited September 22

Ok, thanks, I will, I have downloaded it and stored it on my HD. Hope to read it soon. Fixing poke trough is what I need for start. I am trying to this one too, how to make morphs on terrain found it in new user contest thread from june, but it seems to be outdated a bit. I hope I will be able to learn from it https://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6484/

Thanks again, need to find Your Renderosity account, there are some tutorials that I missed there....

Right now I do not have an account over there ;-)

Making morphs on a terrain can be done easily enough [usually] ... shoot it over the bridge to Hexagon, use the paint morphing brushes [smooth/balloon/pinch], shoot it back over the bridge to D/S and make the morph, then save the morph. Do you have a link for the terrain?  Found it. That's another ball game. Will work something up for you.

edited November 14

These 3 are re-ups, no changes made.

Making Projection Morphs

Making a Basic Shader - retired

Making Hair Using Hexagon {and D/S and Garibaldi, etc.}

- Links should be working correctly now. These are all in zip folders, download button is in the upper right hand corner of the black page.

Making Hair Using Hexagon promo.png
    698 x 921 - 318K
    Making Projection Morphs promo.png
    773 x 1000 - 372K

Thank You very much. I will need to learn it and need to read tutorials from DSC too :) time to do it laugh

edited September 22

Actualy last two are not uploaded good and I can only download pictures. Can You post pdfs please.

Post edited by MilosGulan on
  • Actualy last two are not uploaded good and I can only download pictures. Can You post pdfs please.

I don't know what happened there ... system gave me the same links again ... had to redo them a few times, I just downloaded all the zip folders so the links are now working. Thank you for bringing the matter to my attention.

edited September 24

Going through my files, found another tutorial to re-up. It explains an easy way to make poses using the G3F. At the time G8 was not out yet ;-)

Also ... coming *soon* ...  a new tutorial on how to create a full head geograft figure that can still make use of the target figure's mouth and eyes. The tutorial will be packed with the Mask product :-) It's for G8M.

Zip folder for Using the Face Bones of G3

And here it is! Creating a Geograft Face Mask PLUS the Mask.

Creating a Geograft Face Mask promo.png
    773 x 1000 - 167K
    FaceMask.png
    1000 x 1000 - 407K
    Using the Face Pose Bones promo.png
    773 x 1000 - 214K
  • Oooh, nice thank you. More know how is always better.

• You're all most welcome.

This post thought I'd go over the path for Making a new UV set ... as in a collapsed UV set for any of the G3 or G8 figures. To have one comes in very handy at times if/when one wants to work on the .obj file in some of the older programs like Hexagon that cannot read the newer uv mapping techniques.

1. Load only the target figure, NO eyebrows. [those load automatically with 8, they need to be removed. I mention this a number of times because I keep forgetting to!]

2. Set the Figure to Base resolution.

3. Export out the .obj file, I use Poser settings plus 2 adjustments => no maps => and of course, Collapse the uvset.

4. Then go to Edit > Object > Geometry > Load UV Set ... select that recent export of the Figure.

5. Name the UV set something appropriate ... this is a 'pass or fail' stage ... like a morph, if it doesn't take it will notify you. Check that the eyelashes were removed ;-) and that the Figure is still set to Base. Re-export and try again.

6. Success! It is now listed as an option. Next, Save it. Just as for saving morphs, check ONLY the ONE new uv set you made. Save it to your own folders. Next time D/S is opened it will still be there :-)

001 base resolution NO eyelashes.png
    769 x 546 - 83K
    002.png
    608 x 573 - 42K
    003 pass or fail.png
    228 x 135 - 20K
    004 success.png
    171 x 95 - 3K
    005 save file.png
    610 x 763 - 62K
    006 save file.png
    464 x 434 - 34K
  • Don't hate me ... it's been a long week ... I'm fine, I think, therefore I was or am or something like that ... anyhow ...

Guess I'd call this the "pay ahead plan" -- with absolutely no guarantees for satisfaction. You see, I make freebies and the following sets of morphs are a merchant resource but not for use in freebies. So if I used them, I would have to charge and um, like that's not very feasible ... save of course everybody wants to chip in and start sending me some gift cards ;-)

I am a PC+ member and at time of posting both of these sets are on sale. My hope is that a few of the morphs in them could be merged in with some of my own morphs plus some of the Face Transfer results [that plugin I already have] ... and the end product would hopefully not have as flat a face, fuller lips, etc. But I am not guaranteeing that the end product is going to minutely resemble anybody anyone knows. I tried years ago to morph a Captain Kirk ... and all the guesses were for darn near every other male actor in the realm save William so ... I was not born to be a character morpher.

While "dreaming on" ... I have a WIP [work in progress] tutorial on using the Face Transfer - a must have item if you can - works quickly and well to transfer a face to Genesis 8 male or female. The morphs, at least for close up scenes require a little TLC ... but the texture matches are amazing - and MUCH faster than if done by hand. Providing care is taken for the chosen photo, in very short order it matches the face texture to the figure. Aimed for those wanting/hoping to sell/share their work we take a look at how things are put together so we can make our own skins to go along with our own morphs. [n.b. one MUST have the licensed plugin in order to do this as it is illegal [last I read] to remove any form of copyright notices which is what that beautiful watermark is.]

Or of course, for those hoping to sell their creations, you may want to purchase the morph sets for yourselves too ;-)

https://www.daz3d.com/gift-card

https://www.daz3d.com/ej-face-morphs-and-details-for-genesis-8-male

https://www.daz3d.com/ej-face-morphs-and-details-for-genesis-8-females

https://www.daz3d.com/limber--gymnastic-poses-for-genesis-8-female [thought it would be neat for testing new clothing garments with]

https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-unlimited [on sale atm [at the moment] too.

Found out that the name Sarah means Princess. And so she is, my little darling.

Playing with headband.jpg
    1053 x 2147 - 371K
  • Sigh, good thing I'm not in sales ...

Okay, it's ready!

The zip is a little over 87mb. Using the Face Transfer Plugin

The aim of this tutorial is to illustrate:
    How the plugin works,
    How to save out morphs [so they can be used on fresh loads of Genesis 8]
    How to use it to get starter skin sets prepared.

Using the Face Transfer Plugin Promo.png
    2550 x 3299 - 2M
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 4,629

Great tutorials. Thanks for sharing.

• Artini said:

Great tutorials. Thanks for sharing.

You're very welcome, enjoy :-)

• My new Deviantart Page is Here.

That's where I place stuff ... right now not much there, a collection of roses as one might find on a coffin, and a render of the Gorilla :-)

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,148

Oooh, thank you very much.

• You're most welcome :-)

edited October 27

For a little bit of horror thought they'd removed the controls for all those face bones but nope, just hid them. So we found them :-)

In closing all but the viewport for the centre panes, in the full working layout we can now access all those wonderful tools from the top bar. Yes.

Concept is be it by the Scene panel or by carefully selecting a "bone" - one then returns to the Pointer [we are NOT editing bones!] and makes adjustments to them via the Poses Panel or the Parameters Tab. When done, save result as a pose preset. While saving out a pose, tip, unselect the figure then it will all be unselected, right-click option => save the bone modifications only.

006 Show Hidden Nodes.png
    1213 x 842 - 462K
    007 close unused panes.png
    1594 x 854 - 308K
    edited October 3

DForce ... oh that's fun! First, I bought a set that would work -- nice way to see what's being done. And it comes with LOTS of shaders! Shaders will work on any product [that can take shaders].

Item number: Make a floor! okay ...

Item number two: sigh, one should not experiment when tired, one does not "Create" ... one must use the selections from the tiny arrow with lines: THEN it works!

And one can easily have a flying carpet too! Just imput negative values for gravity.

n.b. the red scarf was made via Create > a plane.

001 - this is a great set.png
    1140 x 796 - 749K
    01 - add via the lines, not via Create.png
    1109 x 736 - 150K
    02 - flying carpet!.png
    1147 x 699 - 143K
    edited October 6

In Carrara one can make "cutouts" from images which can be exported as .obj files. Here's an example for a frame ... no transparencies :-) {and yes a little late it was realized that the pose needed adjusting}

Frames No Transparencies.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M

Dforce is fun. 

• Yes it is ;-)

Just a short note on how to make a button for the teddy bear which is missing one.

Load Teddy in D/S and send it over the bridge to Hexagon. In Hexagon "hide" the stuffing and select all the faces of the "button" only. One can use the uvmap side to select just that button which has 2 sides and the thread right beside it. From the mesh side "copy/paste" ... new button! Slide it over to its position. Delete Teddy, select the button and send it back over the bridge to D/S which it lands as a prop on Teddy. Having the Geometry Tool selected, on the Tools Panel, right-click on the "0" value shading material, go back to the "Pointer" tool, parent the button to Teddy, File > Save as > Figure/Prop to a logical folder. Vendor's name is YOUR name.

See my other post for morphs for fixing Teddy.

edited October 11

Making Little Eye Morphs using Hexagon and D/S 4.12

The .pdf

In a Zip

If you do not want the large pdf file opening in your browser, choose the zip ;-)

The little morph that was made while writing this tutorial is available at this post: Click Here.

Making Little Eye Morphs promo.png
    773 x 1000 - 249K

Thank you, this will work for just about any morph you want to create.

• Sure it will :-) It's a little trick I discovered for reaching through layers of mesh to morph otherwise unreachable areas.

edited October 13

Discovered a plugin which is supposed to enable one to make LUTs. It's free. https://www.mehdiplugins.com/english/minlut.htm

On the same website are some more free plugins too. Some are very helpful for making cloth textures, etc.

Working with some ideas which may or not make for a tutorial on morphing and texturing.

Elsewhere [somewhere] in the forums I had posted an image which I'm using. Said image can be downloaded from the artist's webpage, The image is gabriel-lopez-worfdiff02

There are thousands of Gabriel Lopez in Vancouver ... so I dunno, presumably one is okay with using these images for their "own" use as they all had download links ... they are copyrighted, further more he made the sculpture so yes let's give credits there. While I have discovered of his 2 website listings, nowhere contact info [save if'n maybe one wants to also join these rather elite websites] ... so hopefully he doesn't mind my using one in a tutorial. I will not be sharing the texture though ... everybody would have to download their own copy to follow the tutorial [if they want to].

Came across this rather indepth interesting scenario which somebody has gone to a lot of work to put together. So while waiting, here's the movie :-)