Simply the best, better than all the rest, better than anyone. Lucky me!

ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,484
edited April 2019 in Art Studio

Have a 2D animal character created and copywrited a few years ago, that I need to use in a 3D environment. Expecting quality equivalent to 3D Universe.

Edit: In 2019-03 I found a professional 3D artist, who delivers dreams.

Post edited by ArtAngel on

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

What exactly is your intention, you have 2d images of your character and want it turned into a 3d character to use in 3d? Or you already have 2d images to be photoshopped into 3d environments, and the envirnements you want someone to make or to render for you?  What kind of environments are you thinking of. Do you men the PA 3D Universe?

Is this a paid assignment?

It would help to give some more informaiton and mayby a link to examples or something of that sort.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

moved to Art Studio,  where we tend to store this type of post.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,484
    edited November 2018
    Linwelly said:

What exactly is your intention, you have 2d images of your character and want it turned into a 3d character to use in 3d? Or you already have 2d images to be photoshopped into 3d environments, and the envirnements you want someone to make or to render for you?  What kind of environments are you thinking of. Do you men the PA 3D Universe?

Is this a paid assignment?

It would help to give some more informaiton and mayby a link to examples or something of that sort.

I have an existing 2D character to be rigged (with bones) for use in a 3d animated environment. And as previously mentioned, I expect the PA artist to be on par with the level of expertise of PA 3d Universe.

Edit: I actually thought it would be done for free. Just kidding. I expect the character to be posable, rigged and usable in an animated 3d environment and at this point I am looking for interested parties and if I am satisfied with his/her portfolio I will send more detailed info so s/he can quote/bid the job.

Post edited by ArtAngel on

Good luck with that

Linwelly said:

Good luck with that

Thanks. I am hoping to find someone who sculpts in ZBrush and thought I'd throw it out here first because DAZ has numerous talented 3D creators who do use ZBrush and I am not about to try to hunt down and PM a bunch of artists who may be too busy, or not interested in taking on a paid assignement at this time, or may not have the tools needed (eg ZBrush). Think of a 2D version of Mickey Mouse needing to be recreated exactly as is, for 3D use. I plan to use the 3D version in animated trailers (I'll make in Premier Pro and After Effects) and in rendered 3D scenes I'll setup and render for 2D print for posters etc. There are three articles of clothing assets I will need as part of the asignment but I'll get into specific details with the Artist so he/she can determine the project time line, appropriate fee and inial downpayment etc and write up a contract for such.

If it wasn't for being an animal character I would have suggested to try with dialing it in from existing morphs which is faster and cheaper. The problem with getting someone of that skilllevel who does the sculpting and rigging plus surfaces is that while they do an assignment for one person they don't have the time to do something that goes to the shop and sells to a lot of people (here or elsewhere) so for this it will be a question of what fills their paycheck.

Linwelly said:

If it wasn't for being an animal character I would have suggested to try with dialing it in from existing morphs which is faster and cheaper. The problem with getting someone of that skilllevel who does the sculpting and rigging plus surfaces is that while they do an assignment for one person they don't have the time to do something that goes to the shop and sells to a lot of people (here or elsewhere) so for this it will be a question of what fills their paycheck.

Thank you for that. Me doing it would be quivalent to having a gardner cut your grass with a pair of scissors.  I guess I'll browse the internet. I had Falcon build me a PC, and they get to know their clients and offer custom painting of the towers and servers. Maybe I'll message my connection there to see if they can recommend any 3D artists. 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

If you want 3du quality then I'd suggest to get them to do it.. seemples cool

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

You could also try cgsociety.org, its forums have a ton of industry professionals from all facets of cgi and vfx.

Thank you everybody. I'm excited about my choice..

I retract all posts prior to 2019-01. None of those options amounted to anything but blowing smoke. Pitfalls and disappointments to say the least, BUT I am so, so, so fortunate,because in 2019-03 I have hired the best of the the best  professional 3D creators, to recreate my 2D character into a 3D art. I am so, so so-o-o-o happy. This guy was worth every penny, every dollar and more! I have sent the money recieved the files and am totally satisfied, simply stoked at his artistry,  professionalism and ethics. Yes it was expensive and yes I feel I got the deal of a lifetime.

Glad to hear that things worked out for you! And I'm equally glad that you don't rue the money spent, when often enought as an artist you get to hear "what money, you get the exposure..."

Linwelly said:

Glad to hear that things worked out for you! And I'm equally glad that you don't rue the money spent, when often enought as an artist you get to hear "what money, you get the exposure..."

Just saw this thanks you are a doll and I love your work.