now that we have genesis in poser can us whiney little poser people return...

estheresther Posts: 608
edited October 2012 in The Commons

from our exile to the poserforum and come back to the commons?

instead of having our own forum which is going to be half DS related anyway. Also the name the commons implies everyone. I think a lot of the topics here are relevant to us whingy little whiney poser folk.
Love esther

Post edited by esther on

Comments

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Of course! Welcome back, Esther. ;)

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873
    edited December 1969

You never had to leave

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

well we sort of did. But anyway thanks for the welcome. I'M BACKKKKK!

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

No, you didn't...

ever...

Poser can use many of the items produced here, they continued to support M4 and V4 even while producing items for Genesis, and now that Genesis can work in Poser, there is all the more reason to celebrate.

Welcome back. We love you guys. Come and play with us.! :)

edited December 1969

if we posted about problems our posts were moved to the poser forum which we were encouraged to use during the period when daz and poser weren't speaking.

• Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Well if you come back-then I guess I will too! :-) I did not whine- I just curled up and sulked-quietly-in the corner.

esther said:

instead of having our own forum which is going to be half DS related anyway. Also the name the commons implies everyone. I think a lot of the topics here are relevant to us whingy little whiney poser folk.
    Love esther

edited December 1969

I cried a bit.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

lol! maybe then the Poser users can answer some of my Poser questions that seem to get ignored in the Poser forum! %-P

edited December 1969

i'm downloading 100s of dollars of stuff and looking forward to all the DSON conversions being done for me hopefully.

edited December 1969

They will come, Esther. :coolsmile:

I knew it was only a matter of time before Genesis was available for Poser. So, you milk this for all it's worth, ok? ;)

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited October 2012

ssgbryan said:
    I didn't get too emotional about it.

I am clearing out my wishlist & preparing to leave the PC club at the end of the month.

Why? Aren't there PC items compatible with the DSON Importer?
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • pantenepantene Posts: 195
    edited December 1969

Hugz 'n kisses for everyone! I'm sorta sitting on the fence, right now. Been using Poser for ten years, but increasingly using DS Pro since 4.5. It depends on what I want to do. Why should we have to choose camps? Spread the love!

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

lol! maybe then the Poser users can answer some of my Poser questions that seem to get ignored in the Poser forum! %-P

What are your Poser questions?

After the change over to the new forums, I didn't even notice the Poser forum still existed. It wasn't listed in drop down menu for forum links.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:

After the change over to the new forums, I didn't even notice the Poser forum still existed. It wasn't listed in drop down menu for forum links.

You are right about that. I just discovered it and see how empty it is.

Welcome back to the commons :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

If you click on "forums", instead of using the Abbreviated list that appears beside the word, it takes you to the forum index, where you find that there are indeed quite a few more than 8 forums on the site.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:

Let me give you something else to think on. Go pick 20 clothing items, any clothing items - notice how all of the clothing is worn by Caucasians. Ethnic morphs and skins have been around since at least I got here (2004), but I have only seen a couple clothing items that were worn by non-Caucasians (2 were in the Egypt set and the other was African. By the way, why is it that only Africans get tribal body paints? The early Caucasians did that a lot also). With what I do, I need an ethnically balanced choice of characters - and as I have pointed out earlier, that ain't here.

And chances are you won't get them with any character. To do a texture of an ethnic character, you have to get them to pose for a photosession. And that's the issue... and that's not DAZ's fault, they don't do photoreferences. Do your research: how many black male photoreferences are there available to vendors?

Two.

Can't get much selection from that.

edited December 1969

Is there a way I can i autofit V4 hair to genesis in DS and keep the morphs that make the hair move as well that were originally in the hair?
    Love esther

edited December 1969

well a lot of good info on how to do things can be found by just googling or asking questions here. we can probably manage without too much documentation. there are lots of youtube tutorials etc.

edited December 1969

there is some online documentation isn't there. I keep getting offered it when I first open DS but I click it off because I'm always in a hurry to play.

edited December 1969

esther said:
    Is there a way I can i autofit V4 hair to genesis in DS and keep the morphs that make the hair move as well that were originally in the hair?
    Love esther

In DS? Yes, but only if you use DS 4.5 Pro. The Auto fit doesn't destroy the morphs but keeps them. In earlier versions of DS, the morphs totally destroyed.

edited December 1969

well I am using DS 4.5 pro but I cant' see my morphs there.
    these are not daz clothes but my old V4 and M4 clothes which I autofit to genesis.
    love esther

edited December 1969

Did you try the Parameters tab or the shaping tab?

Perhaps clicking on the clothing item twice to bring up the list and going through each individual piece to try and locate the morphs?

That's the only thing I can think of to try and help you. They should show up, don't know why wouldn't. :down:

edited December 1969

I found them thanks. they don't seem to carry over to poser when I save the hair as a subset and then use the DSON importer from within poser.

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

But ... but ... I prefer the Poser forum over the Commons!

It's like a sanctuary.

esther said:

Love esther

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

thats it! I should have as my question about saving dynamic cloth morphs on parts of rigged clothing items in the Carrara forum!
    (actually it WAS Carrara I ultimatety wanted to get it into and dyntomorph py only works on objects)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

There are different kinds of hairs ... maybe this helps:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1866/

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

This thread is, as I understand it, about where people post - not the relative merits of two applications. Let's not start App War CCXVII please.

edited December 1969

don't mention the war!