Basic Supersuit UV's for the Supersuit product have been fixed! Our voices have been heard.

Comments

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

Why wouldn't they want to fix something that they promoted the hell out of?
    Not saying I don't believe you...I am saying that it is their product, what happened to support of their product?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Did they say why? If they do not give us a valid reason I am going to be royaly pissed.

edited December 1969

And if they don't fix it, are they going to put of the product page for future buyers to know?

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Well if their not going to fix something like this then what else are they letting slide, sounds like it's time to get your money back and to start shopping somewhere else.

edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    Well if their not going to fix something like this then what else are they letting slide, sounds like it's time to get your money back and to start shopping somewhere else.

I remember all the supersuit this and supersuit that ads and promos.
    Kinda a black eye on their product now.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552
    edited December 1969

jmper said:
    Bejaymac said:

I remember all the supersuit this and supersuit that ads and promos.
    Kinda a black eye on their product now.

I don't have it, but there are quite a few addons with different textures so how were they done if it is unable to be textured??

I also just d/led the texture templates and the fact there are multiple sheets makes the overlapping UVs make sense.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

No, there's Basic Suit and Supersuit; they came in a same bundle.

Basic Suit is the one with the problem, not the Supersuit.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

ahh...still sucks.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Ok, thanks for that. I just went and looked closer at the product description, what is the difference? is there a reason why you can't just use the supersuit instead?

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

I think the idea with the Basic suit is it is much less lightweight to load, since it doesn't have the 300+ material zones and morph zones.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited October 2012

Skiriki said:

Ok, thanks for that. I just went and looked closer at the product description, what is the difference? is there a reason why you can't just use the supersuit instead?

I'd love to use the Supersuit instead, but it's not useful for every kind of texture out there. Especially Super-Heroes. See, even when totally unmorphed, if you look closely, you can see some of the patterns some of the "morphs" follow on the suit. I don't want that. The Basic Suit doesn't have that problem, which is why they need to fix it.

Post edited by Knight22179 on
  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited October 2012

Zev0 said:
    Did they say why? If they do not give us a valid reason I am going to be royaly pissed.

All he said was that the issue was solved and pointed out the temperary fix that was posted here (note, if you haven't signed up to this, you'll need to sign up to view it): https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=47169

Pointing that out is not fixing the problem, it's making us fix the problem ourselves, something Daz should do not us.

Post edited by Knight22179 on
  • GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,543
    edited October 2012

That is not a good thing to do. I think there was probably some miscommunication.

Post edited by GhostofMacbeth on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited October 2012

Wow! That really sucks! :grrr:

I actually love the Basic Suit, and even I strongly agree that the suit itself is rather coarsely material zoned in comparison to the Supersuit. This is why I actually use both the Basic Suit and Flipmode's GSuit for Genesis.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • NadinoNadino Posts: 258
    edited December 1969

So, we can share a remapped version of the suit correct?
    Granted, it's saved as a preset through the support asset save menu I'm assuming??
    Would something like this help? Caution: I'm no UV pro in any way but found this layout may be of use someday.

NDCUVR1TScreen.jpg
    600 x 600 - 272K
  • graham jamesgraham james Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

So if I am understanding this correctly
    Daz released a broken product (with much fanfare)
    Daz refuse to fix it
    Users have offered fixes
    Moderators say not allowed without permission
    Permission may or may not have been given - you need to create a new account to view the bug report to find out
    That sucks Daz !
    Product crossed off wishlist

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I have added my voice to the bug report ... https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=47169
    There is only 4 notes added?

edited December 1969

But that doesnt help vendors. How are we supposed to release content for it if only half the people apply this fix?. There needs to be an official fix release. That is my only concern.

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    But that doesnt help vendors. How are we supposed to release content for it if only half the people apply this fix?. There needs to be an official fix release. That is my only concern.

What about adding your voice to the bug report? The more voices, the better the chance ...

edited December 1969

cant log in....WTF

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Have added to the bug report.

edited December 1969

If you can't log in: you need an extra account for the Mantis bug tracker - did you ever create one?
    You can use the same nickname/password like for Daz, if you want to.

edited December 1969

I did create one..but I cannot rember the details...I used a different log in name..might as well just create a new one lol.

edited December 1969

It's gaining momentum ... 7 voices now!

edited December 1969

Soon to be 8. I re-registered.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Usually it is best to create the bug tracker account using the same details as your regular site account, makes it easier to keep track

edited December 1969

Yep. Just did that now...So I wont have an issue forgetting lol

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

If the remap was done from scratch, rather than modifying the DAZ supplied UVs, then there would be no problem in distributing it. However, give Canary 3D a chance to get a reply since her mapping involves least change if she does get permission to share it.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Can someone please explain how you get the remapped UV into the original supersuit.

I've tried using Load UV Set in the surfaces tab. It loads the .obj file OK and asks for a name for the new UV set, but nothing seems to happen. The UV View is still the old one and I have no idea where the new one is saved to.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

YAY! The Mantis Bug Tracker says now "assigned" :)