2»

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

​Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Oh, I figured the pants weren't included. There'd have to be some insane dark sorcery going on to pull that off. I'll probably ask the vendor to clarify but I figured those were simple material zones since the geometry looks similar.

*quietly sticks "poorly explained promos" in rant file and locks shut*

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,622
    edited December 1969

I'm perfectly in favor of scanty clothing, sort of scanty clothing or full-on heavy armor, provided there is parity.

It's when a female outfit is an exploitative parody of a functional male outfit that I hate it. If they're both wearing basically barbarian loincloths with shoulderpads, I'm down with that (in fact I've made outfits like that). If the male version is a full military uniform, I don't want to see a female version with a miniskirt. That's the stuff that makes me nuts, not things like Bean Sidhe at Rendo or Andromeda here that are just pure fantasy (and that are matched by things like Dark Priest for M5).

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Well, we can also use the excuse that it all goes back to Frank Frazetta and Boris Vallejo. They started it! :-) Between Conan, Tarzan, Vampirella, and the Princess of Mars, Frazetta was certainly an equal opportunity employer.

Weren't the ancient Olympic Games held in the nude? Wasn't that a key plot device in "Chariots of Fire?" :gulp:

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Well, we can also use the excuse that it all goes back to Frank Frazetta and Boris Vallejo. They started it! :-) Between Conan, Tarzan, Vampirella, and the Princess of Mars, Frazetta was certainly an equal opportunity employer.

Weren't the ancient Olympic Games held in the nude? Wasn't that a key plot device in "Chariots of Fire?" :gulp:

Yep...it's their fault. (Oh how my mom hated those Borris posters when I was a teen... :lol: ...of course, being a lad in my teens they were the best.)

Yep...

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,426
    edited December 1969

Weren't the ancient Olympic Games held in the nude?

Yes, and I can't help thinking that in the current era of high-tech performance-enhancing outfits, the IOC might want to consider reviving the tradition.