StrangeFate's stuff: Tribal Armor & Body Paints out now!

Comments

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287
    edited May 2018

Small bedroom getting there... Some furniture still looks a bit fake, need to work on the surface shine, some stuff is a bit too dark, too or not shiny enough etc etc.

This looks awesome.  I'm ready to move in!   You must be a perfectionist - I would have stopped here and been delighted with it.  Still, you're the artist and you're doing a fantastic job!

Post edited by Chohole on
  • NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

Looking really impressive! Keep up the good work smiley

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 756
    edited May 2018

Thanks Noswen.

Livingroom pieces almost done...

edited May 2018

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576
    edited May 2018

That couch looks like something I would buy, Mario. The distress on the walls is noticeable without being obnoxious. When can I move in?- Greg

Post edited by algovincian on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

This is the kind of "lived in" realistic environment I've been waiting for! I'm very much looking forward to this! I just hope it's not out of my budget! lol :) 

If it's up to me it will be affordable Diva, but in my short experience, Daz changes the prices as they see fit, so... no idea.

Hope you don't mind the damage on the couch Greg :)

Another piece I just finished... will have to tweak the brightens of the materials later I think.

Colors look a bit better in a more natural setting.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

This is fantastic.  The imperfect walls really sell the overall reality of this.  Very impressive!  And being able to change up textures is a huge selling point. 

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Man I just can not wait till this project is in store!!!!

It looks amazing already!!

Bathroom getting there:

Wow! This is looking so good!!

Will one be able to "hide" certain parts/rooms so that the computer isn't hit too hard with too much geometry? Like can we just hide everything but the room we're rendering? Or can we just load certain rooms?

The rooms and their content are all grouped separately, so yes, you can turn off/hide any room you want.

The walls... I think Iray has a way to add a cut/plane to hide what's on one side, so that could be used I think. Otherwise yes... The walls of each side of a room have their own selection group/set, so they can be selected and hidden easily. Still looking if there's an easier way to do that without having to bring in all walls separately, but so far, the face selection groups that can be hidden is what's in place.

Bit more bathroom today

Saving the kitchen for last, eh? Everything looks excellent!

- Greg

Everything is looking fantastic @Strangefate

Thanks Saphirewild :)

Greg - Yep, She's still going through the UVs of the kitchen. It's not a fancy or huge kitchen but compared to anything else still a beast with all the different parts.

The rooms and their content are all grouped separately, so yes, you can turn off/hide any room you want.

The walls... I think Iray has a way to add a cut/plane to hide what's on one side, so that could be used I think. Otherwise yes... The walls of each side of a room have their own selection group/set, so they can be selected and hidden easily. Still looking if there's an easier way to do that without having to bring in all walls separately, but so far, the face selection groups that can be hidden is what's in place.

That's fantastic news! I'm definitely looking forward to getting this! :)

edited July 2018

Unless I forgot something, I think the bathroom is completely finished. The towel has 3 different morphs for hanging and comes in gray, so it can be colored in Daz easily.

edited July 2018

Curtains!

Been holding off on getting the Hivewire Housecat for a long time now to see if Alessandro ever releases a new cat, but this set really gets me itching to pull the trigger everytime I see the platforms lol. Mats on the curtains react to the light just right, and the bathroom could easily be a product of its own.

I often see people clamoring for everyday clothes and environments - bet this product will be received extremely well.

- Greg

I hope it does somewhat alright, more for the girl who spent a half year on it than for me :/

The apartment will have some decorations and props in every room but won't be filled with stuff, it's just too much otherwise with all the different rooms, so I hope people enjoy personalizing things a little with stuff they already have.

edited July 2018

Main part of the Kitchen. The holes are for the oven and washmachine.

It is looking great so far @Strangefate!!

• RakudaRakuda Posts: 931

Totally impressed! Those  are some ultra-real renders. The lighting is spot on, and  the little details like the waarped plaster etc. are fantastic!

Thanks Rakuda and Saphirewild!

Washmachine done, and other things, but the washmachine is the most exciting thing I suppose.

Question to anyone that may know: Do PAs sometimes release higher res texture packs for products ? ...if so, do they do it through Daz or their own means ?
    I've been thinking a bit about shipping with 'standard res' and then offer (for free of course) downloadable higher res textures, or the other way around.

Getting so close . . . can’t wait until this hits the store! It really could be a bundle split up by completed rooms, or by unfurnished rooms vs. appliances/furniture, etc. DAZ loves bundles . . .

This could accommodate your different textures, too.

- Greg

• Ralf1958Ralf1958 Posts: 688

Really nice work! :-)

• Hemi426Hemi426 Posts: 210

Thanks Worlds_Edge

Some more progress today, working window blinds, the Cord also has a morph to make it look like you're pulling on it. Curtains will come later.

Great detail. But usually these type of blinds are on the outside of the window and the cord obviously is on the inside. At least the last 44 years I remember in Germany :-)