Redacted

2»

Comments

• isymcisymc Posts: 36
    edited December 1969

InjectPMD is a plugin for DAZ Studio 3.

In scene tab select the Macaw, run injectPMD, select the .pmd file, save as .daz file.

Not sure this loads in 4.7. I'm having similar problems with older content files. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

InjectPMD was offered here in the forums a few years ago, but I don't know were to get it now, the old link ends in a 404 file not found

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited December 1969

InjectPMD can be downloaded here, along with DeltaX15's other utilities:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/4851309/fc76215/DS_Plugins.html#dir=E03-3f7D

• isymcisymc Posts: 36
    edited December 1969

A little update on my answer above...

I just tried to load the Macaw in DS 4.7, there are no external binary morphs to load, it's a regular .cr2 figure.

Nevertheless there is a huge amount of mesh distortion. Select the Macaws hip and dial the morph 'TailBend2' to about 250-260 percent and the distortion is gone. The bird now looks good but the tail bend morph itself does not work as expected.

• myquadmyquad Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

thanks for your replies.

i brought up daz 3 and the loaded the macaw.

I ran the injectPMD and a window popped up. they're no .pmd files. only .pz2 files.

i picked one anyway and got an error say no pmd was detected.

what am i doing wrong?

i do have injectpmd plugin installed.

only_pz2_files.jpg
    717 x 568 - 96K
  • SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited December 1969

MyQuad:

The problem that you are having is not due to needing to inject a PMD file as far as I can tell. That route is usually only required for certain older content. You are getting the error message that no PMD is found, because there probably isn't one for that product. What I would suggest is that you try to contact the vendor directly to see if they can resolve the issue for you. Alternatively, you might start a new thread of your own regarding the macaw to see if anyone can help, since I don't believe it is an Inject PMD issue.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

SixDs said:
    MyQuad:

The problem that you are having is not due to needing to inject a PMD file as far as I can tell. That route is usually only required for certain older content. You are getting the error message that no PMD is found, because there probably isn't one for that product. What I would suggest is that you try to contact the vendor directly to see if they can resolve the issue for you. Alternatively, you might start a new thread of your own regarding the macaw to see if anyone can help, since I don't believe it is an Inject PMD issue.

Rather than contacting the vendor directly you should actually send a help ticket to CS, using the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of every page.

edited December 1969

the reason I posted here was that I had started a thread regarding the distortion problem when trying to use the macaw in 4.7

the answer was "it's known problem. write a ticket or ask for a refund."

after further research and suggestions saying that injecting the pmd file and save as another file seemed to work with Poser.

I did find a thread here saying the while developing 4.5 the pmd plugin apparently doesn't work or wasn't added and they were beta testing the injectionpmd back then. this was two years ago and seems to still be an issue.

I thought I would ask here as there are some with this issue still.

I am enjoying working with 4.7, but I'm really disappointed that a lot of the older content I purchased here is no longer viable.

do you know if they are working on a fix or plugin for this issue?

I'm seeing 4.8 beta being released already. no word about the pmd issue being resolved.

I truly appreciated everybody's help.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,844
    edited December 1969

Get in touch with Customer Services as this isn't a PMD issue, what I'm seeing in your first image looks a lot like a mesh grouping issue.

edited December 1969

thanks, i'll do that

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,671
    Bejaymac said:

Change this part -

actor BODY:1 { channels  {  valueParm GND4   {   keys    {    k 0 1    }   }  } }

To this -

actor BODY:1 { channels  {  valueParm GND4   {   name GND4  <<<<<< add this line   keys    {    k 0 1    }   }  } }

and you'll have a name on the dial ;-)

Is possible use the same method on a charater? Not for a dress?

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342

For anyone looking at the title and thinking the PMD, inj from Pz2 problem is solved, it's not. That turned out not to be the issue.

Let's all dream on.

If you load up a CR2 that calls a PMD, a file dialog comes up with the message that Studio can't find it. 99 times out of 100 it's right there in the folder with the CR2. Just select it and all is good. (Seems files that do this are from older versions of Poser, the ones I've run across anyway.)

If there's a call for a PMD from a PZ2 file, nothing works beyond Studio 3 which understands the InjPMD utility mentioned above.

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,671
    Spit said:

For anyone looking at the title and thinking the PMD, inj from Pz2 problem is solved, it's not. That turned out not to be the issue.

Let's all dream on.

If you load up a CR2 that calls a PMD, a file dialog comes up with the message that Studio can't find it. 99 times out of 100 it's right there in the folder with the CR2. Just select it and all is good. (Seems files that do this are from older versions of Poser, the ones I've run across anyway.)

If there's a call for a PMD from a PZ2 file, nothing works beyond Studio 3 which understands the InjPMD utility mentioned above.

So we must stop to try to use our old characters in DAZ 4.10? Pity...