Redacted

cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
edited December 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It works OK for me, I installed it years ago, maybe there is an update which you have?

Untitled-1.jpg
    696 x 400 - 56K
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

I have two sets of old Amarseda Hair for ds and poser,
    then,, now I checked both,

about poser file, they can not load texture file correctly,
    and about DAZ file, it is same what you see.
    nothing can visible.

you can apply ds preset , and check it by wireframe ,

there should be hair, but I can not spot render, and I can not see it in 3D view
    with texture shaded.

but,, it is so strange, because, I already remade it for genesis hair by transferutility,
    and saved the figure as dsf in ds 4.0.3 before.

then the Amarseda Hair can load correctly.:blank:

amarseda.JPG
    955 x 562 - 79K
    edited September 2012

and,, I serched my old files then I installed for poser cr2 version again.
    now it can find texture too.

but about another set came as daz scene file, I can not see it.

(in my case, I get these hair by appendix of daz manual,, so I understand
    I can not get new version, now I am reliefve myself,,, I feel it is better to remake
    and save as duf now,,)

ama2.JPG
    1004 x 594 - 69K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited December 1969

If it's a .daz scene file your loading then check to see which version of DS it was created in, as DS1 scene files haven't worked right since DS3.0, the UV file is a different format to what DS3 needs so the maps end up distorted to hell, so chances are the transmap is causing it to be invisible.

This is one of the reasons I still have DS2.3 installed, as you need to load these files in it, safe them to replace the DS1 data folder files, and then you can load the .daz into DS3 +.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

When loading the Amarseda DAZ file in DS 4.5, it shows up in the Scene tab, but not in the viewport. If I hover the cursor over the viewport where the hair should be, I see the hair highlight in orange, just like any visible element does when the cursor hovers over it. However, If I select the hair in the scene tab, and look at the Surfaces tab, everything looks OK - diffuse, opacity, etc. If I apply another material preset, still nothing shows in the viewport. If I load an old 4.0 DAZ scene that used the hair, the hair shows up just fine in the viewport. I think something must have changed in DS 4.5 to make the old DAZ file incompatible.

I installed the Poser version of Amarseda hair to see if it works, since the DS version does not work. The Poser CR2 file works fine. So my workaround is to use the Poser CR2 file and then apply the DS material presets.

edited December 1969

Dug my copy out of the moth balls, the daz files were done on DS1.4 (2006), so the file "data\aprilyshAmarseda_53239\neck\aprilyshAmarseda_53239_neck\maps\uv.dsv" can only be read by DS1 or DS2 as the scripting language changed with DS3.

The result of this is that with no UV coordinates for the mesh, all you get is the first pixel at the top left of each image map applied over the entire mesh, and as that's a black pixel on the transmap you get an invisible mesh.

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    Dug my copy out of the moth balls, the daz files were done on DS1.4 (2006), so the file "data\aprilyshAmarseda_53239\neck\aprilyshAmarseda_53239_neck\maps\uv.dsv" can only be read by DS1 or DS2 as the scripting language changed with DS3.

The result of this is that with no UV coordinates for the mesh, all you get is the first pixel at the top left of each image map applied over the entire mesh, and as that's a black pixel on the transmap you get an invisible mesh.

It's possible that this has been fixed as 4.5.0.137 Beta is now available

in the change log : Fixed #47421 : Fixed UV set load on very old scenes

now I'm not really sure what they are considering "old scenes" though

nicci... :)

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    now I'm not really sure what they are considering "old scenes" though

Pretty much any data folder file made in DS1.x or earlier, as those were the ones giving problems in DS3 and newer.
    edited September 2012

my installer is seems old, but they are not for ds 1. or 2:roll:
    because it is appendix of daz studio manuall,,,

ps_ac1827_AmarsedaHairDS
    ps_ac1827_AmarsedaHairPs

(you know,, there were many many appendix,, I hear it and bought it,,
    I should version up carrara6 ,,why I did not ,,,,)

but I understand daz scean files can not be perfectly much in ds 4.

I feel strange because, for poser cr2 file first I could not apply pz material files..
    daz 4.5 can not find the directory the material files came with cr2 by one installer,
    and I never uninsatlled the product,
    but there are not folda for material.

but I installed two version(for poser and ds) again, now I can use only cr2 and pz files,,
    (but OK,, because these are almost free items for me,,^^)

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited December 1969

now,, she .daz (though,, it is only hair) return my ds 4.5 beta,,,:-)

good point +1

(if the prodcut ver came, will she disapper again? sorry,,^^;)