Saphirewild's Randomness Renders

Comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited January 2018

Yah yah I know it has been 2 days without a new render lol, I am trying my best to crank out them renders but life is sure getting in the way!!

So here is my first daily render.

I used a PC+ freebie I got a while back Ranch Enviroment Prop and used an HDRI for the background, rendered in 3Delight, no post work.

A Horse Story.png
    3000 x 1854 - 7M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Wow, that looks great, saph!

The HDRI really makes it feel wide and open and it's a bright sunny day.

Couple pose corrections: The middle horse's left rear foot is hovering above the ground, and so are all feet of the right horse too.  It can really be a pain to put the feet on the ground.  I tilt my perspective until the ground is a straight line across (viewed from the edge).  That's hard because you have to exercise such control over the mouse.  Eeesh!

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited January 2018
    dracorn said:

Wow, that looks great, saph!

The HDRI really makes it feel wide and open and it's a bright sunny day.

Couple pose corrections: The middle horse's left rear foot is hovering above the ground, and so are all feet of the right horse too.  It can really be a pain to put the feet on the ground.  I tilt my perspective until the ground is a straight line across (viewed from the edge).  That's hard because you have to exercise such control over the mouse.  Eeesh!

My favourite trick is to put the view below the ground/floor, then lower the figure/object down until its feet/bottom appear(s) though the 'ceiling', then I go back and fix any remailing feet/legs etc so they connect to the floor where required.

Also love the feeling of a nice, bright sunny day there :D

Post edited by mori_mann on

Thanks so much for the great advice Dracorn I am going to go back and fix the hovering right now!!

Thank you as well @mori_mann  I think I will try that when I fix the hovering!!

edited January 2018

Here is a render I did for the Render Of The Month challenge

Titled: An Elvan Crossed

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Nice! I like the simplicity of it:)

Thank you Sven!!

edited January 2018

Another render of a different sort today!!!

Titled: Voodoo Goddess Shandra

Voodoo Goddess Shandra.jpg
    3000 x 3750 - 7M
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Really good renders of late!  Loved seeing the freebies in use.  Will have to try mine out one of these days.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I agree with Sven I really like the simplicity of the Elven scene.  Very serene!

Really good renders of late!  Loved seeing the freebies in use.  Will have to try mine out one of these days.

Yes you will World would love to see the kinda things you would come up with using freebies!!! You also should check out the freebie contest as well!!

I agree with Sven I really like the simplicity of the Elven scene.  Very serene!

Thanks so much Sonja comming from you it means so much!!!

edited January 2018

Here is a render Idid yesterday, it took like 8 hours to render out not sure as to why it took so long.

Rendered in 3Delight and postworked in GIMP.

Titled: Fun By The Pool

Fun By The Pool.png
    2994 x 1527 - 6M

Wow you did a great job with the posing of all those characters!  And you are getting much much better at keeping them grounded. (I have a hard time with that too, I have resorted to switching to perspective view and getting the view right down to the ground so I can make sure there isn't a gap.  Total pain lol.) I know there is a shortcut you can use to put them on the ground but I can't ever remember what it is.  Need to write it down next time I come across it.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Ctrl-d/Cmd-d drops anything selected to the ground although it is usually the bounding box that stops on the ground but using the slider to drop it until the bottom of the box just disappears normally works after that.

Wow you did a great job with the posing of all those characters!  And you are getting much much better at keeping them grounded. (I have a hard time with that too, I have resorted to switching to perspective view and getting the view right down to the ground so I can make sure there isn't a gap.  Total pain lol.) I know there is a shortcut you can use to put them on the ground but I can't ever remember what it is.  Need to write it down next time I come across it.

Thanks so much for the nice comments Sonja, it means a lot to me and I hope you remember the shortcut!!!

Fishtales said:

Ctrl-d/Cmd-d drops anything selected to the ground although it is usually the bounding box that stops on the ground but using the slider to drop it until the bottom of the box just disappears normally works after that.

Thanks for the shortcut Fish!!

edited January 2018

Here is yet another render I just did today with the Daz freebie Flowergirl dress I got today.

When I saw the dress I just had to use it right away!!!

Titled:Lost Stuff Marla

Lost Stuff Marla.jpg
    3000 x 3750 - 1M

Oh that is super cute Sapphire!

And thank you Fishtales, I may have to tattoo it to my forehead lol.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Daw, no flowers left, poor girl!, Nice render though. I let that dress hanging as I don't have the Kids but it looks good.

I guess your computer took so long to render because you have 7 persons in the render, persons are usually the ones who need a lot of computing time. Looks like they are having fun at the pool though. The posing is really well done!

Oh that is super cute Sapphire!

And thank you Fishtales, I may have to tattoo it to my forehead lol.

Thanks Sonja I thought it was too.

Linwelly said:

Daw, no flowers left, poor girl!, Nice render though. I let that dress hanging as I don't have the Kids but it looks good.

I guess your computer took so long to render because you have 7 persons in the render, persons are usually the ones who need a lot of computing time. Looks like they are having fun at the pool though. The posing is really well done!

You could use it for the Gen 1 Child as well with a bit of tweaking.

That is what I was thinking as well Linwelly, I usually do not have that many people in my render but in this scene it needed them.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Saphirewild - Love the expression on poor Marla.  

Fishtales, thanks for the drop-to-ground tip.

Diomede said:

Saphirewild - Love the expression on poor Marla.  

Fishtales, thanks for the drop-to-ground tip.

Thanks Diomede for the nice comment!!

edited January 2018

Here is yet another render I whipped up today!! Rendered in 3Delight no postwork

Any and all advice is welcome.laugh

Titled: Clothing Fight

Clothing Fight.jpg
    3200 x 1977 - 5M
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Here is yet another render I whipped up today!! Rendered in 3Delight no postwork

I really like the posing/compositionsmiley! Lightning is a bit flat, can't see any shadows. A suggestion FWIW: A ceiling spotlight with soft shadows in the little hallway behind the standing woman to cast some light/shadow into the room and work as a rim light. Maybe a ceiling light above the table to give shadows and speculars to all character and props  in the scene, that would make everyone more grounded. And of course some soft shadows with occlusion (UE2?) would be nice too.

Their expressions are pricelesslaugh, well done!

I really like the posing/compositionsmiley! Lightning is a bit flat, can't see any shadows. A suggestion FWIW: A ceiling spotlight with soft shadows in the little hallway behind the standing woman to cast some light/shadow into the room and work as a rim light. Maybe a ceiling light above the table to give shadows and speculars to all character and props  in the scene, that would make everyone more grounded. And of course some soft shadows with occlusion (UE2?) would be nice too.

Agree with this and Sven explained it much better than I could have.  The expressions and posing are great!  So,  are they fighting over who left the clothes unfolded or who get to wear what?

Thanks Sven for the advice I am going to work on the lighting more and will post the final results

Agree with this and Sven explained it much better than I could have.  The expressions and posing are great!  So,  are they fighting over who left the clothes unfolded or who get to wear what?

They are fighting over who is going to be folding them and putting them away also who left them on the coffeetable!!!

edited January 2018

Here is a simple render checking out a new car I got today. 

Rendered in 3Delight no postwork.

Titled: Alyda and Her Sporty Car

Alyda and Her Sporty Car.jpg
    3954 x 2443 - 6M
    edited February 2018

Here is a couple renders I did today same scene just different poses and Hair:

Title 1: Kiki Looking For A Challenger!

Title 2: Kiki Practicing

Kiki Looking For A Challenger.png
    1500 x 927 - 2M
    Kiki Practicing.png
    1500 x 927 - 2M

Great reflections on the car render!

I think I like the hair better in the first one and the pose better in the second one.  Great job!

Great reflections on the car render!

I think I like the hair better in the first one and the pose better in the second one.  Great job!

Thanks Sonja for nice comments I really like the first ones hair as well but was not happy with the pose is why I did another render with the second pose!

Banner and poster for Freebie Contest!!

Love is Banner.png
    600 x 400 - 407K
    Love Is.jpg
    3000 x 2409 - 7M