[Fisio SB addOn released] Fisio: Physics Simulator

Comments

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,603

Richard Haseltine said:

Fisio does not install for betas, so that is expected. Getting the same error in the general release suggests that the isntalaltion path was not correct - where is Daz Studio itself? Exactly which version of the general release are you using - Help>About Daz Studio?

The executable for the release version is at : "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\DAZStudio.exe". The version number is  4.20.0.17 Pro Edition (64-bit)

DIM has installed Fisio to the release and beta versions. Here us what DIM shows when I view installed files (I've looked in the installation directories and the files are there):

DAZ Studio :

( 4.5, 4.x Public Build, 4.x Publishing Build )

DAZ Studio 4.5+ (64-bit)

DAZ Studio 4.x Public Build (64-bit)

DAZ Studio :

( 4.5, 4.x Public Build, 4.x Publishing Build : 64-bit )

DAZ Studio 4.5+ (64-bit)

DAZ Studio 4.x Public Build (64-bit)

• orinsorins Posts: 8
    edited November 2022

Alberto said:

For everybody that hasn't received the serial number yet:

If you wish, in the meantime, you can install a temporal Fisio plugin (it will expire by December 9th).

For Windows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fxFHFIfzmxFZV4MoeE-FA6dbp1fuSvLl/view?usp=share_link

For Mac: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sqxX69dzUxEcQyJzepXZVBqy0oBXWThp/view?usp=share_link

Instructions:

1. Install Fisio using DIM or the bit-rock installer.
    2. Download the temporal plugin, uncompress and copy it inside the plugins subfolder of your Daz Studio installation folder. Overwrite the previously installed file: abFisio.dll (Win) or libabFisio.dylib (Mac):
      • Windows : "\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\" 
      • Mac: "/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/plugins/"
    3. The plugin is ready now.

When you get your serial number, uninstall the plugin and reinstall it again. Then register it with your serial number.

Thanks for this patch! It was what I needed to get up and running. Now I can play with it until DAZ catches up to my order number. ;)

Post edited by orins on
  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382

Peter Wade said:

I can't get this to work on my computer. I installed it using DIM and entered my registration code. I've tried setting up the bouncing ball demo but when I try to run the simulation I get three error boxes, first one, then the next when I close each one. The error messages are:

A dynmic link library (DLL) Initialization routine failed
    Can't load FisioEngine.dll at c:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DazStudio4/libs/Fisio/FisioEngine.dll
    Can't load Fiso Engine

The FisioEngine.dll file is there in that directory as well as ChronoEngine.dll and ChronoEngine_multicore.dll. I've got Studio Release 4.20 and Beta 4.21 installed. They both give the same errors except the path is different for the Beta version. I've tried de-installing and re-installing with no difference. I'm running it on Windows 10 Pro with a 6 core i7 990X CPU and 12 GB Memory.

Any ideas what could be causing this and how to fix it?

If you wish, you could do the following to find the problem:

Use the utility CFF Explorer: https://ntcore.com/?page_id=388. Download the Explorer Suite.
    Install it and then go to the File - Open menu. Then open the FisioEngine.dll that is in /libs/.
    You should see something like this:

Click in Dependency Walker and expand ChronoEngine.dll and ChronoEngine_multicore.dll below FisioEngine.dll. You should see something like this:

If any dependency is missing, you'll see a red X, like this:

Try and show me the results, please.

CFF0.png
    1239 x 720 - 70K
    CFF1.png
    1239 x 720 - 136K
    CFF2.png
    1236 x 718 - 96K

Richard Haseltine said:

Thank you.

Nath said:

Thanks!

ThatJacobGuy_fde6c304cf said:

Thank You!

orins said:

Thanks for this patch! It was what I needed to get up and running. Now I can play with it until DAZ catches up to my order number. ;)

You're welcome! 

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited November 2022

@Alberto

Just wanted to say that first demo was just perfect amount of detail for me.  
    Not too much or too little.
    Was actual really nice finding instructions that were just about perfect.  Thanks!

Switched to Filament for Fisio-simulation and was exactly as fast as texture-based display.  
    Like real-time.  
    Nice to see a glossy ball bounce on a shiny flat surface >>>> real time >>> in DazStudio.
    Makes me anticipate even more soft body physics eventually.

Sure you know all this already.  
    Just nice that there is a good use for filament!

Just thought would highlight in case any users did not consider filament.

edit: playing with various settings for 1st demo - was intuitive.  Ball is heavier and spinning now. Very nice.

Richard Haseltine said:

Fisio does not install for betas, so that is expected.

You made me curious.   Unless i misunderstood.  Took a break to check out Fisio quick.

Primarily use betas (public build)  and still using DS 4.16.1.43.  The 1st demo in Fisio manual simulated fine for me.  Was exciting to see realtime via Filament in DS!   Using win10x64 pro. 

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • Saxa -- SD said:

@Alberto

Just wanted to say that first demo was just perfect amount of detail for me.  
    Not too much or too little.
    Was actual really nice finding instructions that were just about perfect.  Thanks!

Switched to Filament for Fisio-simulation and was exactly as fast as texture-based display.  
    Like real-time.  
    Nice to see a glossy ball bounce on a shiny flat surface >>>> real time >>> in DazStudio.
    Makes me anticipate even more soft body physics eventually.

Sure you know all this already.  
    Just nice that there is a good use for filament!

Just thought would highlight in case any users did not consider filament.

edit: playing with various settings for 1st demo - was intuitive.  Ball is heavier and spinning now. Very nice.

Richard Haseltine said:

Fisio does not install for betas, so that is expected.

You made me curious.   Unless i misunderstood.  Took a break to check out Fisio quick.

Primarily use betas (public build)  and still using DS 4.16.1.43.  The 1st demo in Fisio manual simulated fine for me.  Was exciting to see realtime via Filament in DS!   Using win10x64 pro. 

My beta was out of date (I'd ended up with Public Builds unchecked in the Download filters), although not by much. I guess that also stopped it from installing the beta version of Fisio, although I did have a beta there. Sorry for the confusion.

Alberto said:

Peter Wade said:

I can't get this to work on my computer. I installed it using DIM and entered my registration code. I've tried setting up the bouncing ball demo but when I try to run the simulation I get three error boxes, first one, then the next when I close each one. The error messages are:

Can't load FisioEngine.dll at c:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DazStudio4/libs/Fisio/FisioEngine.dll
    Can't load Fiso Engine

The FisioEngine.dll file is there in that directory as well as ChronoEngine.dll and ChronoEngine_multicore.dll. I've got Studio Release 4.20 and Beta 4.21 installed. They both give the same errors except the path is different for the Beta version. I've tried de-installing and re-installing with no difference. I'm running it on Windows 10 Pro with a 6 core i7 990X CPU and 12 GB Memory.

Use the utility CFF Explorer: https://ntcore.com/?page_id=388. Download the Explorer Suite.
    Install it and then go to the File - Open menu. Then open the FisioEngine.dll that is in /libs/.

Click in Dependency Walker and expand ChronoEngine.dll and ChronoEngine_multicore.dll below FisioEngine.dll. You should see something like this:

I've tried that. I'm getting a lot of missing things that start with api-ms-win-crt

FisioExplorer.jpg
    1267 x 823 - 231K
  • Richard Haseltine said:

My beta was out of date (I'd ended up with Public Builds unchecked in the Download filters), although not by much. I guess that also stopped it from installing the beta version of Fisio, although I did have a beta there. Sorry for the confusion.

Stuff happens. My turn next. Thks for clarifying.

• tfistfis Posts: 129

Artini said:

Thanks, @barbult and @AnEye4Art.

I have posted another image in:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/605781/how-to-use-fisio-experiments-and-learnings#latest

Hi,

could you tell me, how long it took to simulate this scene?
    And with how many frames?

Thanks

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,833

tfis said:

Artini said:

Thanks, @barbult and @AnEye4Art.

I have posted another image in:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/605781/how-to-use-fisio-experiments-and-learnings#latest

Hi,

could you tell me, how long it took to simulate this scene?
    And with how many frames?

Thanks

It took a couple of minutes, but I do not remember exactly.

I think, I have used 90 frames for this simulation.

I have started with the lower number of the frames for simulation

and repeated increasing the number of the frames until all objects

has stabilized their positions.

• tfistfis Posts: 129

Thanks.

edited November 2022

Peter Wade said:

Alberto said:

Peter Wade said:

Can't load Fiso Engine

I've tried that. I'm getting a lot of missing things that start with api-ms-win-crt

Something is broken in your system.

Which version of windows do you have? 

Is it updated?

Are you able to render with Filament?

Post edited by Alberto on
    edited November 2022

Apparently this red basket works well with simulations.

Below is another simulation with items from:

https://www.daz3d.com/everyday-toiletries

This time I have used Convex hull as a Collision Shape Type, Scale 0.10, Continue mode and 90 frames.

Simulation time was even shorter, than before.

Fisio11pic01.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 514K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2022

I was curious, how the simulation works, when not all objects fits in the basket,

so I have choosen larger props from:

https://www.daz3d.com/everyday-groceries-2

Even after 180 frames, the simulation was not complete.

I had to disable the caps on the objects, because they need Fisio link feature...

Maybe next time...

Fisio12pic01.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 472K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2022

A view from the another camera...

Fisio12pic02.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 409K
    Post edited by Artini on

Is it updated?

According to the properties window it's Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Build 19045.2251 and it has Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0 

Windows Update says it is up to date

Filament renders OK.

I need to have a look at ways to check the system, I think there are a couple of commands I can use for that. I did a search for the things that were showing as missing and a couple of sites said they are part of the 2015 runtime for Visual C or it might habe been C++, I'll have to look i to that further.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Artini said:

This works really well. I wonder about the caps and linking, I've run across trying to link two items together when they are multiple instances.

edited November 2022

Peter Wade said:

Is it updated?

According to the properties window it's Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Build 19045.2251 and it has Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0 

Filament renders OK.

I need to have a look at ways to check the system, I think there are a couple of commands I can use for that. I did a search for the things that were showing as missing and a couple of sites said they are part of the 2015 runtime for Visual C or it might habe been C++, I'll have to look i to that further.

Peter,

Could you check with CFF Explorer the file "dzfilamentapi.dll"? It's inside the subfolder "\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\"

dzfilamentapi.dll requires the api-ms-win-crt files.

Post edited by Alberto on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,151
    edited November 2022

If I build a brick wall and simulate it with Fisio at Precision 3, the wall sinks into the floor and falls apart. Precision 1,2, and 4 do not seem to have that problem; the wall stays intact. In my scene I have only the wall and the floor. The scene is attached. What is wrong with Precision 3?

Edit: Opps, I take part of that back. At Precision 1, the wall is also falling apart, but not sinking into the floor. Precision 2 and 4 the wall does not sink or fall apart. So, why do Precision 1 and 3 collapse a stationary wall? Why does Precision 3 let the wall sink into the floor.

duf
    duf
    Fisio Precision 3 Brick Wall Falls Through Floor.duf
    2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713

The official serial has arrived! Now to figure this thing out. Time to RTFM...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,151

Nath said:

Try the examples in the manual. They helped a lot, although I could never get example 4 (earthquake) to work. My brick wall just scooted right off the ground.

RGcincy said:

Artini said:

This works really well. I wonder about the caps and linking, I've run across trying to link two items together when they are multiple instances.

Thanks for the comments and also for tip about using UltraScatter Pro in Matrix mode (in your thread).

It looks like, if the items are not rigged and like caps are the separate mesh,

they just flow away and does not look good after simulation.

Great, that one can just hide them and all instances are hidden too during simulation.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Nath said:

Maybe mine will appear soon, then! 

Alberto said:

Peter Wade said:

Is it updated?

Filament renders OK.

Peter,

Could you check with CFF Explorer the file "dzfilamentapi.dll"? It's inside the subfolder "\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\"

dzfilamentapi.dll requires the api-ms-win-crt files.

Interesting. That .dll shows the api-ms-win-crt files as missing as well but filament does render. If the code contains refeneces to a library that isn't there but it never calls the functions would that work? When I saw stdio in the list my experience with C made me wonder if the developers were using it as some sort of debug console that doens't get used in the release version. But I'm way out of date with current programming methods so I may be talking rubbish.

FilamentExplorer.jpg
    1267 x 823 - 188K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,508

I finally got my serial number, now find time to play...

• Artini said:

A view from the another camera...

I bit the bullet and bought it. You convinced me with what you did there, Artini. Hopefully I can play with it soon.
  • Artini said:

RGcincy said:

Artini said:

Thanks for the comments and also for tip about using UltraScatter Pro in Matrix mode (in your thread).

they just flow away and does not look good after simulation.

Great, that one can just hide them and all instances are hidden too during simulation.

Maybe there's going a fix for non-unimesh objects?
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited November 2022
    Duplicate post.
    Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited November 2022
    Duplicate post.
    Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Artini said:

Could you export the items with caps as an .obj file, then reimport it? I did that with 2 chain links and they hold together.