Released: Placeholder Manager [Commercial]

TotteTotte Posts: 12,659
edited October 11 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Do you suffer from lagging viewport when working with large scenes?

Placeholder Manager is coming to help you.

 

 

main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 419K
popup_01.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 301K
popup_02.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 149K
popup_04.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 203K
Post edited by Totte on

Comments

  • TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 212

    When I first saw the title of this thread, I half expected it to be a joke -- "Now you too can easily manage and track placeholder threads on this forum!"

    Tim

  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,626

    This looks interesting. So can you quickly change the proxy for the object your editing and back? Like in your workflow, is it easy/quick  to switch from prox to editable object?

  • TotteTotte Posts: 12,659

    Paintbox said:

    This looks interesting. So can you quickly change the proxy for the object your editing and back? Like in your workflow, is it easy/quick  to switch from prox to editable object?

    Yes, it's almost instant (unless you run DS on a machine from the early 90s :P  )

     

  • LeanaLeana Posts: 10,027

    another interesting utility :)

  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 2,565

    I am becoming a rabid fan of your utilities. The locking alone is enough for me to buy this. Animal poses loose paws everytime I shift them and I have to reapply the pose again.

    Thank you

  • Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 1,917

    Boy I guess I need this. But I have to say the title is strange. Sure "Placeholder Manager" does that, it allows you to manage placeholders. But I would rather call this with regards to the effect/goal, like "Viewport Turbo", "Viewport Unlagger" or whatever ;-)

    Apart from that: Bring it own. And actually I think DAZ should buy up tools like this or i.e. Turbo Loader and offer them as free addon's as those things are absolutely needed for me to be able to throw more money for content at them ;-)

  • ZiconZicon Posts: 87

    Oh dear, yet another script I need yesterday.

  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,626

    Thanks Totte for the answer, sounds like a must buy! 

  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,626

    I suddenly wonder if this can be combined with UltraScenery. How cool would it be if you could edit the proxy landscape? Maybe something to ponder.

  • TotteTotte Posts: 12,659

    Paintbox said:

    I suddenly wonder if this can be combined with UltraScenery. How cool would it be if you could edit the proxy landscape? Maybe something to ponder.

    It requires a group to proxy so it's probably possible except that if you move a US group the placement will be wrong, but I guess someone will find out some clever usages not even thought of, which is the best part. 

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 19,869

    memcneil70 said:

    I am becoming a rabid fan of your utilities. The locking alone is enough for me to buy this. Animal poses loose paws everytime I shift them and I have to reapply the pose again.

    Thank you

    Disable IK.

  • joannajoanna Posts: 219

    barbult said:

    memcneil70 said:

    I am becoming a rabid fan of your utilities. The locking alone is enough for me to buy this. Animal poses loose paws everytime I shift them and I have to reapply the pose again.

    Thank you

    Disable IK.

    I just wanted to say that every time I read one of your posts, I learn something new. I just looked up IK, and I'm now armed with yet another useful DAZ tidbit. 

  • James_HJames_H Posts: 914

    Looks useful

  • TotteTotte Posts: 12,659

    And in the store as of today: https://www.daz3d.com/placeholder-manager

  • dtinc88dtinc88 Posts: 79

    Does it work with Studio 4.10?

  • TotteTotte Posts: 12,659

    dtinc88 said:

    Does it work with Studio 4.10?

    Nope, addPolyLine first came in DS 4.11.0.36

Sign In or Register to comment.