Lost Camera Icon Things again, = Solved, Thanks for the Help!

HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
edited January 2022 in Carrara Discussion

Sorry to have not been around. Working on a big project. Nilly finished. Thank goodness,

I have lost my camera movement tools again .... gah. I know it's got something to do with those small lines that you grab tomove the toolbars around.

But I can't find the devils anywhere!

They normally live where the vertical red stresk is in the image.

Didn't want to reset my preferences if I could help it.

Any ideas welcome!

cheers from covid country ...

loatsmarbles-1.jpg
539 x 1170 - 250K
Post edited by Headwax on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810

is it unticked under view?

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

Thanks Wendy, i couldnt see anything in the View drop down menu alas. 

Thanks for  the suggestion.! 

• RuudLRuudL Posts: 189
    edited January 2022

'Control-click' in the side or upper menu bar will bring up a menu. Here you can tick or untick the tools that want to be displayed. 

Carrara ProScreenSnapz005.png
    288 x 793 - 60K
    Post edited by RuudL on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited January 2022

Hover your cursor over the empty spot where the icons should be.  Right-click with your mouse.  A menu should come up with checks for categories of icons that can be displayed in the menus.  Make sure there is a check by the camera tools.

camera tool menu.jpg
    314 x 509 - 16K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

RuudL beat me by seconds!  Note - there seems to be a difference in what brings up the menu.  I am running C8.5 Pro on Windows.  I use right-click to bring up the menu check list.  

• RuudLRuudL Posts: 189
    edited January 2022

@Diomede: I am also running C8.5 Pro, but on macOS. By default the right mouse button is set to 'control-click', but that is customizable. A left-handed person might have swapped their behavior/function.

In this case the difference in the contents of the menu, being the 'clock', is caused by the setting of 'Show Clock' in the Preferences. On my system it is checked.

Carrara ProScreenSnapz007.png
    418 x 559 - 56K
    Carrara ProScreenSnapz008.png
    418 x 559 - 59K
    Post edited by RuudL on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited January 2022

thank you @Diomede et  @RuudL

!!

really appreciate the quick and delightfully correct answers.

You both Rock! :)

A seriously good forum to be apart of!

I never knew how I missed those little icons...

back soon - one more image to make...

Post edited by Headwax on
  • AeonicBAeonicB Posts: 165

RuudL said:

'Control-click' in the side or upper menu bar will bring up a menu. Here you can tick or untick the tools that want to be displayed. 

I'm curious about the clock option in yours.  How'd you manage that?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,799

Ariaso said:

RuudL said:

under Preferences in the general tab

tick - show clock wink 

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

Ariaso said:

RuudL said:

I never noticed it either, but it works in my Win10 version.  File/Preferences/General/Show Clock.  Not sure why I'd want that ... frown

• AeonicBAeonicB Posts: 165

Stezza said:

Ariaso said:

RuudL said:

under Preferences in the general tab

tick - show clock wink 

Danke, that's neat!

Steve K said:

I never noticed it either, but it works in my Win10 version.  File/Preferences/General/Show Clock.  Not sure why I'd want that ... frown

Curiosity. laugh

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810

for some reason I have the clock enabled, I don't know why

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

Steve K said:

Curiosity. laugh

Yup, that's a perfectly good reason.  yes  It does remind me of a funny example of "feature creep" from years ago.  Musical keyboard synthesizers have small screens to allow selecting various sounds, control features, etc.  Some of the Kurzweil synths had a "Pong" game playable on the screen.  A Korg synth had "Breakout".  I wouldn't be surprised if some synth now had "Grand Theft Auto V".  

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,981
    edited February 2022

Steve K said:

Yup, that's a perfectly good reason.  yes  It does remind me of a funny example of "feature creep" from years ago.  Musical keyboard synthesizers have small screens to allow selecting various sounds, control features, etc.  Some of the Kurzweil synths had a "Pong" game playable on the screen.  A Korg synth had "Breakout".  I wouldn't be surprised if some synth now had "Grand Theft Auto V".  

~   or  Counter-Stike   ~  

_ and Another typeing Error  _

Post edited by ed3D on