More Non-photorealisitic Renders (NPR III)

145791023

Comments

  • csaacsaa Posts: 334
    edited October 2021

    @Hylas,

    Thanks for the kind feedback. Here's the flip side of that scene. I always thought the first image, the back view, was better -- the female character had a more

    stylish pose from that angle. But just the same here she is once more.

    Cheers!

    "Pondering Weighty Matters." Daz assets. Blender cel shading and Evee render. Photoshop post-processing.

    Hylas said:

    csaa said:

    Sometimes this is how I feel like while waiting for my render to complete ...

    "Pondering Weighty Matters." Daz assets. Blender cel shading and Evee render. Photoshop post-processing.

    Very cool, looks like a retro illustration!

    Post edited by csaa on
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 992

    Looking forward to the new presets!

  • XxGreyxXXxGreyxX Posts: 13
    edited October 2021

    Greetings, everyone.

    I saw this thread and I wanted to share some of my results I made using Sketchy. The 1st one was is a post render and the 2nd is the same pic with some photoshop filters added to it. Any feedback would be appreicated. Thank you.

    Test-before.jpg
    1342 x 2560 - 358K
    Test-after.jpg
    849 x 1600 - 258K
    Post edited by XxGreyxX on
  • csaacsaa Posts: 334
    edited October 2021

    @XxGreyxX,

    Thanks for sharing those renders. Have you been using Sketchy for some time now? If I can give positive critique, I'd decrease the shadow thickness and go for a thinner outline. This is to give other features of the image -- the eyes, the contours of the figure, the muscles -- a better chance to stand out and not be overwhelmed by the thick rimlines. It's just a matter of contrast. But that's just me.

    I used Sketchy months ago and got pretty good results. Here's some renders I made using a "sketchy" shader. I find Sketchy works very well with a G8F figure of African look. I used Photoshop to create the background.

    Hope to see more of your work.

    Cheers!

     

    XxGreyxX said:

    Greetings, everyone.

    I saw this thread and I wanted to share some of my results I made using Sketchy. The 1st one was is a post render and the 2nd is the same pic with some photoshop filters added to it. Any feedback would be appreicated. Thank you.

    Post edited by csaa on
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 992
    edited October 2021

    XxGreyxX said:

    Greetings, everyone.

    I saw this thread and I wanted to share some of my results I made using Sketchy. The 1st one was is a post render and the 2nd is the same pic with some photoshop filters added to it. Any feedback would be appreicated. Thank you.

    I can't even get Sketchy to look like that before pic. T_T I gotta be missing something.

    Post edited by vrba79 on
  • XxGreyxXXxGreyxX Posts: 13
    edited October 2021

     

    Post edited by XxGreyxX on
  • Thank you for your advice. I'll make some tweaks and continue to post my progress. Also, awesome work.

    csaa said:

    @XxGreyxX,

    Thanks for sharing those renders. Have you been using Sketchy for some time now? If I can give positive critique, I'd decrease the shadow thickness and go for a thinner outline. This is to give other features of the image -- the eyes, the contours of the figure, the muscles -- a better chance to stand out and not be overwhelmed by the thick rimlines. It's just a matter of contrast. But that's just me.

    I used Sketchy months ago and got pretty good results. Here's some renders I made using a "sketchy" shader. I find Sketchy works very well with a G8F figure of African look. I used Photoshop to create the background.

    Hope to see more of your work.

    Cheers!

     

    XxGreyxX said:

    Greetings, everyone.

    I saw this thread and I wanted to share some of my results I made using Sketchy. The 1st one was is a post render and the 2nd is the same pic with some photoshop filters added to it. Any feedback would be appreicated. Thank you.

  • Thanks. I was a lot of trial and error. 

    vrba79 said:

    XxGreyxX said:

    Greetings, everyone.

    I saw this thread and I wanted to share some of my results I made using Sketchy. The 1st one was is a post render and the 2nd is the same pic with some photoshop filters added to it. Any feedback would be appreicated. Thank you.

    I can't even get Sketchy to look like that before pic. T_T I gotta be missing something.

  • juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 491
    edited October 2021

    JS Flat Test Render

    Test render for my upcoming pwToon Freebie . Hope I can finish the guide tommorow so you can play with it

    JSFlatTEstRender.jpg
    2285 x 1296 - 1M
    Post edited by juvesatriani on
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 992
    edited October 2021

    Looking forward to that.

    Gonna try and wrap my head around Sketchy in the mean time. Apparently I just haven't been trying hard enough.

    Thus far getting skin effects like that alien guy is beyond me.

    Post edited by vrba79 on
  • kenmokenmo Posts: 858

    juvesatriani said:

    Old Rockstar pwToon

    Toon FX created using my freebie JS Stylized ( pwToon Preset) . Then Bring to PShop to overlay the Strap + BG and Texts

    Second Image pwToon render and get total treatment in Photoshop

     

    Very impressive.

  • Guys , get my new pwToon freebie preset in here

    Have fun and keep your NPR soul happy 

    Juvesatriani

  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 992

    Gonna go play with that now.

  • juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 491
    edited October 2021

    Poser Test

    Poser Quick try via exporting G3 character into Poser as FBX and play around with Comic Book Preview . Its cool to know we can set different object with different styles in viewport .

    Note :BG created in Photoshop

    Render 1.jpg
    2000 x 4102 - 2M
    Post edited by juvesatriani on
  • csaacsaa Posts: 334

    @juvesatriani,

    Thanks for sharing the image. I haven't used Poser but from what's written about it's comic book preview, it sounds like a very neat feature. I wish Daz had it built in.

    Cheers!

    juvesatriani said:

    Poser Quick try via exporting G3 character into Poser as FBX and play around with Comic Book Preview . Its cool to know we can set different object with different styles in viewport .

    Note :BG created in Photoshop

  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 992

    Its a cool feature, but not enough to get me to go back to Poser.

  • Yeah I would love if someday DAZ Studio will offer something like Poser`s COMIC BOOK Preview

  • Naruto Sasuke

    Just playing with my pwToon presets and doing some post in Photoshop

  • juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 491
    edited October 2021

    star 2.0

    Another pwToon+photoshop combo using Stars 2.0

    Star2W.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 788K
    Post edited by juvesatriani on
  • Is there absolutely no way to get pwtoon anymore? I love that art style.

  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 992
    edited October 2021

    Sadly once Daz3D stops selling a thing, especially something they bought from the original creator, that's it.

    Comparable looks can be pulled off with VSS and the free DazDefault toon shaders, if you know how to ply them.

    Post edited by vrba79 on
  • juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 491
    edited October 2021

    I`m curious what exactly reasons behind  DAZ decide to stop selling pwToon ? So far this shader really easy to learn and use plus very fast to get more than 3000x3000px render !

    It just work in recent version of DAZ Studio , it also  already owned by DAZ  ( they bought from the original creator > poseworks ) and surprisingly another shader from same creator still sold in bundle (pwbundle) . If this is about 3delight vs IRAY priorities , Realism vs NPR,  so why another 3Delight Toon shader still in Store , but not  for pwToon ? 

    I wanna keep sharing some pwToon presets and create mini guide for each presets , but since very few peoples really have it , I think its time to move in another direction right ?

    Post edited by juvesatriani on
  • MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 217

    juvesatriani said:

    I`m curious what exactly reasons behind  DAZ decide to stop selling pwToon ? So far this shader really easy to learn and use plus very fast to get more than 3000x3000px render !

    It just work in recent version of DAZ Studio , it also  already owned by DAZ  ( they bought from the original creator > poseworks ) and surprisingly another shader from same creator still sold in bundle (pwbundle) . If this is about 3delight vs IRAY priorities , Realism vs NPR,  so why another 3Delight Toon shader still in Store , but not  for pwToon ? 

    I wanna keep sharing some pwToon presets and create mini guide for each presets , but since very few peoples really have it , I think its time to move in another direction right ?

    There are probably quite a few of us lurkers who really appreciate your development of pwToon, so big thanks for that. I think whatever direction you move in is going to be cool. And as I have VSS, Sketchy, Linerender9000, Oso's Toon Shaders, various Topaz filters, the NIK collection, then virtually anything you go on to is going to be of interest. Keep up the extraordinarily good work!

  • csaacsaa Posts: 334
    edited October 2021

    @juvesatriani,

    I can't agree more with @MoreTN. The fact that you've put out your tools for the community is an achievement many appreciate. Everyone has their vision in mind, whether NPR or photorealistic. We're just glad that there are several options for us to use. We're also happy to see each other's work, a source of inspiration if you ask me.

    Now, that said, you may have to keep an eye on Daz 5. I hear that plug ins may not work (see screenshot attachment).

    Cheers!

     

    MoreTN said:

    juvesatriani said:

    I wanna keep sharing some pwToon presets and create mini guide for each presets , but since very few peoples really have it , I think its time to move in another direction right ?

    There are probably quite a few of us lurkers who really appreciate your development of pwToon, so big thanks for that. I think whatever direction you move in is going to be cool. And as I have VSS, Sketchy, Linerender9000, Oso's Toon Shaders, various Topaz filters, the NIK collection, then virtually anything you go on to is going to be of interest. Keep up the extraordinarily good work!

    Screenshot 2021-10-22 105000.jpg
    1252 x 535 - 117K
    Post edited by csaa on
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 992
    edited October 2021

    I LOVE your PWToon stuff. I just am disheartaned by Daz3D abandoning the shader itself. I'll still use it, I'm just developing a good method with other stuff, in case its not compatible with DS5. I wanna believe they'll try and keep it compatible, but their heavy lean towards all things IRAY has me doubting it very much. I guess I'm saying the Missourian in me is skeptical and needs more than a vague sort-of attempt at reassurance.

    Post edited by vrba79 on
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 992

    My Sakura 8/Aiko 4 hybrid turned out extra cute when I added freckles from one of the Sakura characters.

  • vrba79 said:

    My Sakura 8/Aiko 4 hybrid turned out extra cute when I added freckles from one of the Sakura characters.

     

    Lovely character and NPR render !!  How you convert A4 into G8 ? From Genesis 1 A4 Legacy shape /Clone ?

  • juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 491
    edited October 2021

    @moreTN @vrba79 and @csaa , thanks for nice words .

    The main reason I share my experiments is come from eager feeling to build DAZ NPR community which someday can work together in collaboration form .

    As we know doing Comic or short animatic cool series ( like this one) will be easier if more people with same passion involved . 

    Thanks again 

    Post edited by juvesatriani on
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 992
    edited October 2021

    Its a kitbash of sorts.

    You turn G2F in to A4 via the Legacy morph pack for G2.

    Then you run the G2F to G8F character convertor you can find in the Daz shop(There's one for males too, huzzah!), which adds the A4 morph into the G8F figure.

    Then I used 3D Outlaw's Sakura eyeballs, and the companion freebie morph, to get around Sakura G8's eye shaping problem, allowing her to be mixed with other facial morphs easily.

    Edit: Manga Marker Materials for Genesis 8 Female is on sale for only $2.99 right now! I grabbed that and will be trying it out.

    I did not like that Shader, it was basically just a preset for the Iray Matte Rubber, with some texture maps added, and it only looks right with one exact light setting. Not ideal at all for what I'm trying to do.

     

    Post edited by vrba79 on
  • juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 491
    edited October 2021

    pwToon Multipass

    Its really hard to deToon this scene via direct render , so I`m doing Multipass and start working from there .

    The Glow and sketchy fx done in Photoshop but main color and Toon Fx is result from pwToon Multipass technique

    SandyBay Pshop.jpg
    3000 x 1276 - 4M
    Post edited by juvesatriani on
Sign In or Register to comment.