My Projects in 3D Digital Rendering

Comments

• RakudaRakuda Posts: 931
    edited March 2018

@IceDragonArt Yeah, I don't now many of the vendors at all, but that does look like a good hairset. Hair is usually the one hurdle I run into in translating a concept into a realization. I find I often look for pulled back hairstyles without bangs. There are so many hairsets that both have bangs and also make it difficult to isolate the bangs to hide them. I should try the geometry editor to see if I can accomplish this to hide one part or another.

@Wanderer I am pretty much a nob too, but I try to maximize the strategic impact of what little I know. Know what I know and make that an area of expertise to launch from. There is so much I don't know, looking at it from the other angle could be daunting.

Long Hallway Model

Here is a miscellaneous hallway with arch model.

There is an image map template file,but it is not textured. The walls, floor and ceiling are in one plane each for easy mapping. But that said, you could easily select those surfaces with the geometry editor, make a surface of them and tile a higher resolution texture than a flat unified map. Options, options.

The texture is all up to whoever uses it. I know it is not much, but I am trying to offer up something everyday to keep me in practice. And sometimes, it is the small props that have impact if properly used.

^__^

3ds, obj, hxn, stl, dxf,dwg, etc.

55-Canvas1-Beauty.jpg
    1526 x 1976 - 571K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
  • WandererWanderer Posts: 957

That's a good way to look at it. Interesting how we all seem to find our way into this area or that. Almost like water finding its way.

edited March 2018

Drawing Ink Bottle

@Wanderer And water always does find its way. :-)

I finally went ahead and  uploaded the ink bottle.

^__^

Post edited by Rakuda on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I just love that ink bottle.  But I have a thing for little boxes and containers as well as furniture that has little nooks and crannies lol.  I don't actually have a lot of little boxes or containers, I try and keep that particular obssession confined to my Daz library.  The clutter in real life would drive me crazy

Thank you again, @Rakuda. Very nice piece. 

@IceDragonArt - lol... yes

edited March 2018

Simulating a Fabric Wing

Here is an experiment in which I am trying to make a draped cloth that sort of simulates a wing.

I would like it to have a bit more tension and stiffness to keep its folds.

If I cannot do it with the qualities of the fabric, I may need to attach the cloth to a stick or some

solid geometry to ne attached or held  in the hand to hang the wing from.

wings01.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 461K
    wings02.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 448K
    wings04.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 384K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
  • agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513

That's shaping up to be incredible.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    Rakuda said:

Simulating a Fabric Wing

Here is an experiment in which I am trying to make a draped cloth that sort of simulates a wing.

I would like it to have a bit more tension and stiffness to keep its folds.

If I cannot do it with the qualities of the fabric, I may need to attach the cloth to a stick or some

solid geometry to ne attached or held  in the hand to hang the wing from.

Looks awesome, like a human kite :D

Instead of a stick, you could perhaps try solid (metal) bracelets on the wrists to attach the fabric to. Or would that be too much hassle?

Very interesting experiments. Am interested in seeing what you with this.

edited March 2018

Here is an image of what I am going for. I am going to need to model them as such with a stick just like in real life.

Fly-Eagle-Egyptian-Egypt-Belly-Dance-Isis-Wings-Wear-Dancing-Costume-Dance-Wing-Dark-Pink.jpg
    500 x 500 - 79K
    il_570xN.1022963344_p9y5.jpg
    570 x 855 - 120K
    Post edited by Rakuda on

This is a folding stool model that I needed to make for scene.

The scaling is a bit random, so you may need to scale acording to your needs.

Download it on Sharecg.com and use it freely.

edited April 2018

Here is a trinket that I am making to hang from a necklace. I will need to make it a bit more metallic.

rinket.jpg
    600 x 776 - 146K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited April 2018

I am happy with the scene except the Borris hair and beard, It is not really subtle enough. I have a question. I have a Flickr page, but I am not sure if I should put a link to it. I have a lot of 3D stuff, but also sketches and nude figure stuff. I suppose my blogger blog can be a go-between, but it has some figure stuff too. Ah well...

765344354.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 814K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited April 2018

I updated that last stool freebie as somebody pointed out  very correctly that it was missing the support struts.

Here is an images of the updated stool.

Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited April 2018

@Rakuda - I don't think anyone minds at all if you put a link to your page in your signature, as long as that stuff is covered like at deviantArt. If it isn't covered, maybe put a disclaimer up or something warning people or not do it just in case someone might accidentally click on it while working. They could get in trouble over that. Some people will put NSFW up next to a link that is Not Safe For Work. I don't really know the Daz stance on this, but I know other artists here have some nudes they've done over at deviant, but they are covered with the mature filter so nothing shows when you land there.

I like what you're attempting with the fan-thing. That stool is great. I have a couple here at the house. wink

The image with the hair and beard - I think it's an interesting scene, as it makes me wonder what is happening. At first it reminded me of a hiring interview, but then I saw the papers on the table and wondered what is really going on. I don't have a problem with the hair and beard, but if it doesn't match your vision, well, that's not good.

Post edited by Wanderer on
    edited April 2018

Thanks for the comments @Wanderer. I went ahead and updated my sig and I think that should work for people hopefully. Also, here is an update on the fan wing thing. It is the basic geometry, Now I need to spend a little time massaging it into place to conform to the Genesis 2 and 3 figures. I will need to separately add a stick appliance to hang the wings on. The only way for the wing thing to work in my mind would be to have it a free bit of geometry and to attach it in the default pose by putting a stick in the hand of the figure moving it into place in the wing-tip sleeves and to then simulate from there.

As far as the scene with the two guys goes, the one is drawing the other's hand holding the cofee mug. See the drawing on the table... Although, I could ajust the grip on the mug to match the drawing more.

^__^

wings_001.JPG
    1408 x 886 - 124K
    wings_002.JPG
    1412 x 877 - 142K
    wings_003.JPG
    1409 x 882 - 96K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited April 2018

Character Studies: The Outlaws

4567.jpg
    1200 x 1553 - 168K
    45700.jpg
    1200 x 1553 - 213K
    45702.jpg
    1200 x 1553 - 193K
    646636.jpg
    1200 x 1553 - 193K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited April 2018

Testing out costume combinations.

Need to adjust the scarf a bit, but in actuality, I plan to draw from these, so a little show-through is not so crucial as it is just reference.

t65758599.jpg
    1200 x 1553 - 626K
    t657585978.jpg
    1200 x 1553 - 649K
    t6575859783.jpg
    1200 x 1553 - 1M
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited April 2018

A few more in the fantasy chainmail skirt

523544.jpg
    1526 x 1976 - 3M
    523546.jpg
    1526 x 1976 - 1M
    523548.jpg
    1526 x 1976 - 3M
    523549B.jpg
    1200 x 1810 - 729K
    Post edited by Rakuda on

Love the winged outfit you ar working on and I am quite interested in how that turns out. 

As far as sig links, I don't think there are any hard and fast rules about the signature links.  You've marked it NSFW so it should be fine.

I really like the chainmaille outfit, but I adore fantasy and medieval stuff.

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

Totally impressed with your work Rakuda.  It's good to see the progress of your own created items and the winged outfit looks awesome!  I look forward to seeing the final result.  I like the natural way you have posed the sword women too.

@Rakuda - Sorry I've been so busy. I'm glad to see your progress documented here. Nice character studies. I, too, am a big fan of the chainmail. Keep going!

edited May 2018

Thank you all! I promise to make  more progress on the wings soon. Thank you @themidget for the compliment about posing.

I try for naturalism. :) Here is a little recent play modeling in Hexagon and rendering in DS. Need to work on the faceplates,

controls and logos now.

Update: Here is after a bit of further playing. Rendered off a quick little view. I readjusted the dimensions and

added a bar accross the doors instead of the side grip.

It is a bit patched together and not perfect, but it suits my purpose.

The image maps ned to be worked on like the keyhole . I could put that right on the panel. Right now it is floting above.

Really tough, I just want to see it from the distance mostly. The circoes could use some smoothing too...

Have to choose our battles, don't we?

Laundromat.jpg
    1526 x 1976 - 2M
    Laundromat5.jpg
    1526 x 1976 - 3M
    Laundromat6.jpg
    1526 x 1976 - 3M
    Laundromat7.jpg
    1526 x 1976 - 4M
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited May 2018

The morning's modeling in Hexagon: This  commercial washing machine. Need to do the internals on lunch.

comercial_washer.JPG
    1413 x 886 - 124K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
  • themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

Nice looking model so far.  Looking forward to it's development.

edited May 2018

@themidget Thanks... Spent too much time on modeling the coin mechanism today at lunch. Nevertheless, should look good when it is done. And also, should have an oportunity to have some fun playing with draped clothing strewn about when it is done. That should be fun!

mechanism3.JPG
    1403 x 880 - 117K
    Post edited by Rakuda on

Wow....

edited May 2018

Hey @IceDragonArt ^__^ Thanks Sonja!

Hey everyone.  It has been a busy month but I wanted to follow up on a few requests. Here is a pipe as requested. More to come!

This one is especially for @maikdecker

^__^

Download and use "Smoking Pipe" freely on ShareCG.com

Pipe_render4.jpg
    1526 x 1220 - 517K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited May 2018

Here is a pipe stand to go along withh the pipe.

Download pipestand on ShareCG.com and use freely!

pipestand_render3.jpg
    942 x 1220 - 379K
    pipe_in_action.jpg
    1526 x 1670 - 926K
    pipe_in_action2.jpg
    946 x 1238 - 400K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Those pipes remind me of my grandfather's pipes, he used to have one exactly like those ones.

I can still smell the pipe tobacco he used to smoke.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane and for those amazing pipes!!