Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD - **Updated 2019-03-28**

Comments

• edited December 1969

Things seem to have fallen quiet.
    If you're still working on Poser/Daz conversions of Star Trek models, then I am still open to helping with what you asked, Matty.

We all look forward to seeing what wonderful new things you bring to the forum, and I know I always look forward to playing with your conversions and seeing how they fare in Poser.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,194
    edited December 1969

Same here. Love your conversions Matt! :)

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,860
    edited October 2012

Lord Iffy said:
    If you're still working on Poser/Daz conversions of Star Trek models, then I am still open to helping with what you asked, Matty.

We all look forward to seeing what wonderful new things you bring to the forum, and I know I always look forward to playing with your conversions and seeing how they fare in Poser.

I would appreciate it if you still want to do it. It would seem like a good idea to have an idea of whats not working 100% before I get back to converting more.

The conversions are on hold as I am making content for the store. The free time I have had recently was used to set up a scene and render it. I dont know when I will be able to make more time for conversions cause after I finish the pack I am working on, I have to update a yet to be released pack that is in DSF format to DUF format so it can work in Poser and then there is another pack that needs to be worked on right away after that. But we will see. I try not to work on the weekend as everyone needs time off so we will see what next weekend brings. If I dont have anything going on, or get distracted by real life or rendering, I will go back to the Enterprise-E since I was redoing it.

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 697
    edited December 1969

Here's what happened each time I use the Constellation:

Daz1.png
    1247 x 785 - 372K
  • edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Lord Iffy said:

I would appreciate it if you still want to do it. It would seem like a good idea to have an idea of whats not working 100% before I get back to converting more.

The conversions are on hold as I am making content for the store. The free time I have had recently was used to set up a scene and render it. I dont know when I will be able to make more time for conversions cause after I finish the pack I am working on, I have to update a yet to be released pack that is in DSF format to DUF format so it can work in Poser and then there is another pack that needs to be worked on right away after that. But we will see. I try not to work on the weekend as everyone needs time off so we will see what next weekend brings. If I dont have anything going on, or get distracted by real life or rendering, I will go back to the Enterprise-E since I was redoing it.

No worries, Matty. :)

edited December 1969

What does the log file say?

edited December 1969

I'll have to look next time. I do remember once I hit ok, the rendering timer kept going, but nothing happens. So I close the whole thing.

edited December 1969

Lord Iffy said:

No worries, Matty. :)

Thank you again for your help! :)

• MiloMilo Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

I have been up to my ears, but I will run through loading the DS/poser into Carrara and see how it goes.

• edited December 1969

How much memory do you have?
    I had a similar problem that was caused by low memory. It only happened when I rendered in a new window
    or the active viewport. It seems studio doesn't give back all the memory after every render so I ended up
    with a render crash and lock up after a couple renders.
    I get around it now by only rendering to a file.
    I used task manager to watch my memory get eaten up.
    PS: that ship looks like it uses a lot of memory.

edited December 1969

I had a similar problem that was caused by low memory. It only happened when I rendered in a new window
    or the active viewport. It seems studio doesn't give back all the memory after every render so I ended up

2 GB of memory. Mine does not crash, it just when I hit the ok button when that message comes up, it keeps on the timing with the render....and keeps on going and going.

edited October 2012

Castellan,

Do you ahve the Clear Undo Script installed? - http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=143150

It does work in DS4 and DS45 and helps free up memory.

Post edited by Mattymanx on
    edited October 2012

Mattymanx said:
    Castellan,

Do you ahve the Clear Undo Script installed? - http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=143150

It does work in DS4 and DS45 and helps free up memory.

I got Daz 3 right now. When Daz4 first came out, it left a very bad flavor in my mouth with the constant crashing.

By the way, is there any sorta ship parts kit out there like Star Killer's Constitution TOS kit, but with TMP and o TNG era stuff?

Post edited by TheCastellan on
    edited December 1969

By the way, is there any sorta ship parts kit out there like Star Killer's Constitution TOS kit, but with TMP and o TNG era stuff?

Not that I am aware of.

• edited December 1969

2 GB of memory. Mine does not crash, it just when I hit the ok button when that message comes up, it keeps on the timing with the render....and keeps on going and going.

In my mind that is the render engine crashing while studio still runs. The render engine never sends an end of render
    back to studio. If you have any reflections and refractions being used in your surfaces, setting them to zero can save
    memory in the render engine.

PS: I have four GB useable and It still happens to me after a couple renders to the screen.
    Though I am not saying that we have the same problem, just similar symptoms.

edited December 1969

8 models added today. 1 update and 7 new.

The update is to the Enterprise-D by David Metlesits. All 8 models are from David.

Please see my DeviantART page for these models.

Thank you

edited December 1969

Thanks, Matt! :)

• edited November 2012

Cheers, Matty.

Okay, after playing with the models this past hour or so, I can confirm that they all load perfectly, and render without issues. They are amazing, as ever. :)

Only thing of note, to Poser users, on both the Enterprise-D and Three Nacelle Galaxy class, when dealing with the Starfleet pendants upon the nacelles and underneath of stardrive (engineering hull) section, in the materials section, set the selected images to a transparency of 100%. That will remove the glowing box effect from around the starfleet symbol and red stripes.

Post edited by prydonian_96d3f0dd8a on
    edited December 1969

Your welcome guys!

The one thing I like most about converting David's models is how easy they tend to be.

• edited December 1969

Well, I know, I look forward to seeing what other beauties you have coming our way. :)

And, as always, thank you for your hard work. :)

edited December 1969

Lord Iffy said:
    And, as always, thank you for your hard work. :)

You're Welcome! :D

Well, I know, I look forward to seeing what other beauties you have coming our way. :)

Reman Warbird Scimitar!

• Arnold CArnold C Posts: 740
    edited November 2012

Nice work, Matty. I was able to pull the JJ Enterprise and the Mad Universe Drydock, they look great in DS3, but on the mesh I primarily wanted I have no luck:

Phase 2 Lexington: by David Metlesits
    http://www.foundation3d.com/index.php?categoryid=38&p13_sectionid=307&p13_fileid=1714

Is this maybe a premium Model? There's no link to DL.
    UPDATE: ...never mind, the link just showed up when I accidentally clicked the above link in my posting. Weird site :)

Thx a lot! :)

Post edited by Arnold C on
    edited December 1969

Nice work, Matty. I was able to pull the JJ Enterprise and the Mad Universe Drydock, they look great in DS3, but on the mesh I primarily wanted I have no luck:

Phase 2 Lexington: by David Metlesits
    http://www.foundation3d.com/index.php?categoryid=38&p13_sectionid=307&p13_fileid=1714

Is this maybe a premium Model? There's no link to DL.
    UPDATE: ...never mind, the link just showed up when I accidentally clicked the above link in my posting. Weird site :)

Thx a lot! :)

Your Welcome! With F3D, just make sure your logged in to download stuff. :)

edited December 1969

Does the eagle have any textures? I opened it up and it's pretty much with no marks on it at all.

edited December 1969

Does the eagle have any textures? I opened it up and it's pretty much with no marks on it at all.

No sadly, there are none. But you can always add your own ship name with the font pack.

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

No sadly, there are none. But you can always add your own ship name with the font pack.

what's the best size to use for that, since that's got some big ole' letters, there. o_o

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

what's the best size to use for that, since that's got some big ole' letters, there. o_o

Not sure to be honest. You may try to increase the size of the ship first cause it will be easier to work at a large scale then a small one. Just make sure your letters are parented to the ship before returning the ship to its original size. May want to save your work too for future use.

UPDATED - 2012-11-18

Added the Scimitar under Romulans

edited December 1969

UPDATED 2012-11-20

Please see OP

edited December 1969

Happy Thanksgiving Matt! A day early, but I don't care. :)

Have a good one. ;)

edited November 2012

And thanks for all the hard work on these models. :)

Post edited by Knight22179 on