edited December 1969

Downloading now :-) Thank you so much.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,860
    edited December 1969

Downloading now :-) Thank you so much.

Your Welcome!!! :D

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Thanks very much for converting Medjai's USS Diligent, and its shuttle the USS Volga. That Diligent is my second favorite Trek ship.

People who want to use it for projects might like to know that if you download the original MAX version, there are two large, detailed MSDs for the ship in the texture folder (pngs), and there's also a set of orthos that has the intended length/width/height and deck count
    I don't suppose you'll be converting my favorite of all the Trek ships, canon or non-canon, the USS Phobos any time soon?

edited December 1969

If the USS Phobos that your refering to is the one over at Trekmeshes, then I can confirm that its on the list of ones to do. As to when it gets done or if it even cop-operates to get done is another question. But its on the list to say the least.

edited December 1969

Yes, it's the Lt. Kevin Riley Phobos that's at Trekmeshes and various other sites.

The Christou/Passaro Lwo conversion that's available is the better one to start with rather than the MAX original, AIUI. They did some optimizing during the conversion, Just flipping it to obj with Poseray, importing into DS and changing the smoothing angles, it's pretty good; not much work to do compared with many. Unfortunately a mixture of permanent pain and permanent brain-fuzz from prescription painkillers that only partially work mean I can't concentrate on anything on the computer for more than a few minutes at a time, and that only very intermittently. Because of that I've never got past the initial look at the Phobos conversion for DS/Poser.

Thanks for all your other conversions.

edited December 1969

I will bare that in mind but personally speaking, if I dont have to touch a LWO file, I wont!

So far, Blender files have been the easiest to convert followed by .Max and .3DS files.

LWO is only ahead of COB files because I can no longer convert COB files.

edited December 1969

Well, I have got an obj of it I exported from MAX a couple of years ago when I last installed a MAX trial version and had a day or two madly exporting to obj everything I could find in a MAX only format I thought I might ever want.

But my (rather quick) impression was that the Poserayed obj from the lwo conversion version came into DS looking better and like it needed less work than the obj exported from MAX. YMMV, of course.

edited December 1969

INterceptor Class is now up

THe K'Tinga Class is down while updating

• edited December 1969

Greetings!!! I'm a big fan of your StarTrek conversion meshes... just out of curiosity, are you planing to do a conversion of the super cool "USS Prometheus"? would love to have a keeper, but my own conversions seem to never turn out right...

edited December 1969

The Prometheus is on the list of ships to be converted. I have two different copies of it. which ever will get converted, if either, I do not yet know. BUt its on the list.

edited December 1969

The Akira Class is now available

edited December 1969

Starship Font added (under props)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Great idea! Thanks :-)

• MiloMilo Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

I am still going through the Thread, but wanted to say thank you for doing this and keeping this up

edited August 2012

Your welcome Milo!

A new USS Defiant was added today

Post edited by Mattymanx on
    edited December 1969

Newly updated USS Voyager Bridge has been uploaded and a temp link is available until its available at Trekmeshes.

edited December 1969

Voyager Bridge is once again available at Trekmeshes.ch. The Eagle Class is also available at Trekmeshes.

The Voyager Holodeck and the Trek Corridor kit have been added as well.

edited December 1969

Thanks.

But the above post implies the corridor and holodeck sets are at trekmeshes.ch. I can't see them there, but found them at foundation3d.com.

edited September 2012

DavidGB said:
    Thanks.

But the above post implies the corridor and holodeck sets are at trekmeshes.ch. I can't see them there, but found them at foundation3d.com.

My appologies. When I state that something has been added, I mean that its been added to the list, not to a particular site.

• gheveyghevey Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

Are these all non-commercial use?
    Does that mean renders also?
    Thanks for any info on licensing.

edited December 1969

If you try doing anything commercial that's Star Trek without a license from Paramount, be prepared for Parmount's lawyers to land on you.

They have a policy of allowing non-commercial non-profit fan works. But anything commercial ...

• gheveyghevey Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

If I had been more awake I would have thought of that.
    Thank you

edited December 1969

On the bright side, cause its all fan works, means we get the models for free!!! :D

• ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

Indeed! Models this good would get expensive very quickly.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Thalek said:

Especially once Paramount got their pound of flesh out of the deal, too...

edited September 2012

mjc1016 said:
    Thalek said:

:ohh:

I cannot fathom how expensive that would be!

• edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    mjc1016 said:
    Thalek said:

:ohh:

I cannot fathom how expensive that would be!

Sadly, I can take a good guess at the kind of prices, and I can lay odds that it'd be far outside the affordability of any fan or joe public.
    I'd even hasten a guess it'd be more towards the levels most upper-scale model and prop replica companies like Polar Lights and QMX have to pay for their licenses, and would no doubt have to get renewed every year.

edited December 1969

Oh well, at leaset we dont have to worry about it!