"There's Always Another Sale™" Sales thread: Report Issues Here

Comments

• Taoz said:

I usually got/get only 1 email with the gift code. I have been receiving these emails too although it might take a few minutes for them to appear.

Before the one code would work BUT it was a good idea to copy/paste it to a text editor and then copy it properly from there as an extra space was often somehow included in the copy/paste from the email. One time when even that method didn't work clicking on the 'claim here' [whatever it said] in the email, that worked. I like seeing it on the order page lol ...

You don't need a text editor, just click on the input field and the cursor will show if there are trailing spaces.  But it shouldn't really be necessary, the store can and should remove any invisible leading and trailing characters automatically, it's simple to do.

Thank you but yes I did need the text editor because no the extra space did not show. It shouldn't really be necessay, yeah no kidding.

• Thyranq said:

Sorry if this was posted earlier, I had a skim through but didn't see it. 

I purchased the Frida Viking Outfit this morning, but I'm still without any way to download it. It doesn't show up in DIM, DAZ Connect doesn't show it, the links on my order and product library pages either don't have download links, or they're broken.

Seen a couple of issues with this with some other items mentioned here, but didn't see one with this specifically so wanted to toss it out there just to make sure it's known, if nobody has mentioned it already.

I would suggest putting in a CS Ticket.

• I usually got/get only 1 email with the gift code. I have been receiving these emails too although it might take a few minutes for them to appear.

Before the one code would work BUT it was a good idea to copy/paste it to a text editor and then copy it properly from there as an extra space was often somehow included in the copy/paste from the email. One time when even that method didn't work clicking on the 'claim here' [whatever it said] in the email, that worked. I like seeing it on the order page lol ...

That makes me nervous a bit as I am a two giftcard mails person (I have read that others got 2 emails before also), maybe I will get a wrong code in the orders page? if I get an error when copy/pasting from the orders page I'll try copy into an text editor also, thanks for the advice smiley.  

While sometimes CS tickets take awhile to be answered, the one time I did put in a ticket about a matter with my gift card [discount hadn't applied], it was actually responded to on the SAME day!!! As barbult mentioned, test it first with a small amount ... I've been buying them in the $20 range.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

I posted this in the Store issue thread but then thought maybe I should have posted here instead?  I don't know how to remove the post from the other thread or if a mod has to do that?

I don't think the percentages off new debut items is working properly,  I hav 4 of the debut items in my card, it says PC+ get an additional15% off plus you get 20% if you buy 2 or more ... how do I calculate the math as this is how it was earlier in my  cart  Esample:  Carra is 6.21 * .85 * .80 = 4.22 but now she is 4.47 in my cart which is 6.21*80*80 = 4.47  that means the extra 15% PC members are supposed to get is now only 10% ...this happened after the new Mega Artist promotion was added to the store.

• tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 659
    edited November 2020

I usually got/get only 1 email with the gift code. I have been receiving these emails too although it might take a few minutes for them to appear.

That makes me nervous a bit as I am a two giftcard mails person (I have read that others got 2 emails before also), maybe I will get a wrong code in the orders page? if I get an error when copy/pasting from the orders page I'll try copy into an text editor also, thanks for the advice smiley.  

While sometimes CS tickets take awhile to be answered, the one time I did put in a ticket about a matter with my gift card [discount hadn't applied], it was actually responded to on the SAME day!!! As barbult mentioned, test it first with a small amount ... I've been buying them in the $20 range.

Thanks for the reply! smiley I read in one of the errors threads that someone (I wish I remembered his username) had waited a week for a giftcard code, don't know if he had to wait that long for a reply, if he got several replies like I have gotten about order conf emails that didn't help him, but it was a week when I read about it a few days ago. I wish I had followed these threads more closely so I could see if he finally got his code. They told him to go find the code at the orders page but that didn't work for him. That is what makes me hesitant to buy a GC. I could buy a small one, but the w the paypal fee it doesn't makes so much sense to buy small gc, it makes more sense to buy big ones. And I have less faith in customer service now. I submitted a ticket last week about my missing emails, got a reply, and I commented back that I get ALL emails: newletters, forums subscriptions emails, but not order conf. emails. Someone replies: That is odd, we'll look into it. And I get hope that they will resolve this. And then yesterday someone else from customer service asks: Do get the daily newsletter emails? ( rooling eyes and facepalm smiley needed here). I replied w quoting my earlier replies and a wtf are you doing at customer service. I appologized in the next sentence saying, said: I appologize but this upsets me. And I stand by my wtf actually. But if I get an explanation and appology then I will say that I'm sorry for beeing rude. So it might be a while before they replies to a new ticket... I haven't got a new reply to my last comment yet, but I understand that they have lots of people to help. I hope I will hear back tomorrow. Sorry for this long reply. I wrote a postive commment a while ago, about persons with a profession that shall remain nameless as we are not allowed to discuss them. I said that they must work very hard and be very frustrated also. And I thanked for the wondeful selection of pc+ for a day stuff. I probably mentioned beeing upset also but my post was mostly postive I think. They removed this post quickly as I mentioned this profession and what they do. I understand that they need to follow the rules. But I wanted more than one mod and the rest of the forum visitors to see that I don't just complain, I can be nice too, and try to be fair. But no...

Edit: Sorry again for the long posts about complaing about the same stuff as before. I am having the worst time in my life, I am totally broken basically, and these store bugs doesn't make it easier. But I shouldn't take it out on Daz, they are doing their best I am sure of that, it's just a lot of people to help at the moment. They should hire more support people, so they can have time to read through each ticket carefully, to not miss any info I mean. 

Post edited by tombraider4ever on
    edited November 2020

Can someone give me a link to buy a giftcard? I was thinking of giving it a try. I searched the store for: Giftcard, Gift Card, but no giftcard page, I got desperate and searched for: Gift, and still not Giftcard. 

Edit: I googled and found a link: https://www.daz3d.com/gift-card (in case more people got the same bug).  I'll try that. So consider this a bug report. 

• It's been mentioned somewhere, not sure which thread, but with the changes to store search, if you've ever bought a gift card before, when you search for gift card you need to deselect the "hide items I own" option.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,249

When I search for "Gift Card" this is what I get, but only if I uncheck "Hide Items I Own". (If I leave it checked, I get an assortment of Tole Painting products?). I have bought a gift card or two dozen over the years, so yeah, I guess I owned it, if only for a little while...

GC Search.jpg
    663 x 421 - 52K
  • It's been mentioned somewhere, not sure which thread, but with the changes to store search, if you've ever bought a gift card before, when you search for gift card you need to deselect the "hide items I own" option.

Thanks for the reply, but I tried that, and still no giftcard page. I had to find the giftcard page through googling. 

• AZDigitalArtistAZDigitalArtist Posts: 773
    edited November 2020

It's been mentioned somewhere, not sure which thread, but with the changes to store search, if you've ever bought a gift card before, when you search for gift card you need to deselect the "hide items I own" option.

Thanks for the reply, but I tried that, and still no giftcard page. I had to find the giftcard page through googling. 

https://www.daz3d.com/gift-card

Post edited by AZDigitalArtist on
    edited November 2020

I just bought a giftcard for 110 dollars, the fee for that amount is 4 dollars, don't know how it works if the fee is less for smaller amounts, but for me it makes only sense to buy big giftcards for paypal money. It was like 5 minutes ago, still no  mail. How long do I wait before trying the orders page code? can I mess the code up if it doesn't work, the order page code, can that code mess up the mail code if I get one later? does it register that I tried the orderpage code?

Edit: I'll try the order page code.

https://www.daz3d.com/gift-card   ???

Found it through googling as I said, but the store search does not find it, just saying it's a bug. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,028

can I mess the code up if it doesn't work, the order page code, can that code mess up the mail code if I get one later? does it register that I tried the orderpage code?

There's no "mail code" vs "order page code", the code in the mail is the same as the one on order page.

edited November 2020

I just bought a giftcard for 110 dollars, the fee for that amount is 4 dollars, don't know how it works if the fee is less for smaller amounts, but for me it makes only sense to buy big giftcards for paypal money. It was like 5 minutes ago, still no  mail. How long do I wait before trying the orders page code? can I mess the code up if it doesn't work, the order page code, can that code mess up the mail code if I get one later? does it register that I tried the orderpage code?

Edit: I'll try the order page code.

The orders page code worked! laughlaughlaughlaugh. Still no email, should I submit a second ticket about that or can I just add a comment to my current missing order confirmation ticket? I got the code so that is awesome laugh, but I would prefer if the emails got through for the important stuff also, order. conf. and giftcards. I think I read in one of these threads that we should report missing giftcard emails. I'll wait for a reply here about a possible helpticket, I need to give it until tomorrow also to see if I get the email code late. But I am so relieved laugh and happy laugh. Buggy but Happy shopping days are here again! laughlaugh  My store credit page shows the correct balance btw, but not the correct numbers below, it says nothing about 110 dollars +, just the correct balance at the top.

Edit: Bug report, don't know if this has been reported: I tried with two Still new releases, with two in my cart I should get 15% off, right? as a Pc+ member,  I only get 10% off. The items I was interested in and tried: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-x-fashion-kimono-lingerie-set-for-genesis-8-females and:  https://www.daz3d.com/fg-treasure. The differense it not a lot, but if I am supposed to get 15% off that is what I want, so I am not bying them today. I'll settle for the single pc+ for a day item I found. I would appreciate a catch up sale of the awesome stuff from yesterday; especially the leather shaders set, the stone shader set, and the bodysuit outfit, to pc+ for a day price I mean. Thanks in advance if this can be possible smiley

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    I keep a GIFT CARD in my wishlist.
  • mwokee said:
    I keep a GIFT CARD in my wishlist.

I tried that, no button to add to wishlist, but I put one in my cart and choose move to wishlist. It still doesn't appear when searching the store for it, filtering for: hide items I own or only show wishlist doesn't work. But if I filter the store for only show wishlist and price low to high and there it is, Thanks! smiley

• https://www.daz3d.com/gift-card is correct. There is a problem with search that is known. Some get the card thumb once you search and uncheck "hide items you own".

• https://www.daz3d.com/gift-card is correct. There is a problem with search that is known. Some get the card thumb once you search and uncheck "hide items you own".

I'm glad it's a problem that is known so it can be fixed. 

• genarisgenaris Posts: 313
    edited November 2020

https://www.daz3d.com/gift-card is correct. There is a problem with search that is known. Some get the card thumb once you search and uncheck "hide items you own".

@Cris Palomino  - This change to the store search-- will they be fixing this to work as before:  BEFORE TC, store search returned--by default--ALL APPROPRIATE RESULTS both OWNED & NOT.   NOW, it seems set by default to ONLY RETURN UNOWNED.    Is there anywhere a setting for us customers to SET THIS PERSISTENTLY TO OUR PREF ?    SINCE TC  I have  been searching for things, getting non-helpful responses & not findly things that should have shown but which I couldn't recall EXACT name for, etc, only to remember belatedly about that damn change.   I have shopped Daz since Zygote days, and now realize the only good thing about the Daz store search BEFORE TC was... that I did not have to keep remembering to check or uncheck something to get the desired results.  Speaking for myself, I search the store as often to see details or to confirm I own sometihng as to find an unowned product so this change to the default search return behavior is really irritating. Really irritating.  At the least, leave the choice button just set it to NOT HIDE OWNED as default and for people who want to hide their OWNED from results, let them subtract by then checking that box.  
       ~Gen

ETA:  PS the worst part about making OWNED hidden by DEFAULT in store search now is that the NUMBER of SEARCH RETURNS just counts the unowned that are showing-- instead of at least showing the returns(and the hidden/owned not showing count.)       Example: Search for NAMEofPRODUCTS and search shows 1 product and the number for search return says "1"  but say if you UNCHECK "hide owned" then you see 3 things now and the search return number says "3."     On the main shopping page, when you check HIDE OWNED the count of products is, say, 30986 of 36528 items.    SO even when you're HIDING your OWNED PRODUCTS, the COUNT SHOWS YOU the 2 different counts to remind you you ARE NOT SEEING EVERYTHING.    SEARCH SHOULD DO THIS ALSO, since seeing the 2 different numbers reminds us to uncheck that box when searching-since we never had to do so before in the last like 15 or however many years since the store was converted the last time.  Or Daz could just reverse the default on store search returns back to how it used to work. . .        : )

Post edited by genaris on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

Regarding new search: When I untick/uncheck Hide Items I Own it toggles back on, as does the visibility of the hidden items. I have to click and click again to get it to catch.

• genaris said:

https://www.daz3d.com/gift-card is correct. There is a problem with search that is known. Some get the card thumb once you search and uncheck "hide items you own".

@Cris Palomino  - This change to the store search-- will they be fixing this to work as before:  BEFORE TC, store search returned--by default--ALL APPROPRIATE RESULTS both OWNED & NOT.   NOW, it seems set by default to ONLY RETURN UNOWNED.    Is there anywhere a setting for us customers to SET THIS PERSISTENTLY TO OUR PREF ?    SINCE TC  I have  been searching for things, getting non-helpful responses & not findly things that should have shown but which I couldn't recall EXACT name for, etc, only to remember belatedly about that damn change.   I have shopped Daz since Zygote days, and now realize the only good thing about the Daz store search BEFORE TC was... that I did not have to keep remembering to check or uncheck something to get the desired results.  Speaking for myself, I search the store as often to see details or to confirm I own sometihng as to find an unowned product so this change to the default search return behavior is really irritating. Really irritating.  At the least, leave the choice button just set it to NOT HIDE OWNED as default and for people who want to hide their OWNED from results, let them subtract by then checking that box.  
       ~Gen

I'm afraid I'm just a lowly moderator, so don't really know.

• Leana said:

RE: Gift Cards

Is this officially the only way in the future ?

It's the only way for now.

I've seen it mentioned in one of the various lists of "things to fix" that was posted at some point, so that will likely change in the future.

Thanks Leana. 

Just sent in a ticket to ask for official position, as just have not seen anything past "sent in for consideration" and not necessarily a promise to reintroduce that feature.  In ticket advised wanted to share answer here.  Will post when I hear back.

• genarisgenaris Posts: 313

Oh, sorry. I thought you were an actual Dazzer...  

genaris said:

~Gen

• genaris said:

~Gen

genaris said:

Oh, sorry. I thought you were an actual Dazzer...  

genaris said:

~Gen

Daz staff have Daz in their name which is why we don't allow members to sign up with Daz in their display name.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,249
    edited November 2020

The Everyday Motion Bundle is more expensive than the sum of the parts from which it is made. All are DO's but the bundle isn't. Something missing?

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • GGLGGL Posts: 12
    edited November 2020

"Buy any 2+ Debut New Releases to get 20% OFF¥ your cart" does not work with two debut releases (see attachment).

daz-cart.jpg
    1885 x 646 - 134K
    Post edited by GGL on
  • NorthOf45 said:

The Everyday Motion Bundle is more expensive than the sum of the parts from which it is made. All are DO's but the bundle isn't. Something missing?

Will enquire.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,732

It's been mentioned somewhere, not sure which thread, but with the changes to store search, if you've ever bought a gift card before, when you search for gift card you need to deselect the "hide items I own" option.

https://www.daz3d.com/gift-card ;  ???

Link broken because it includes a semicolon at the end, I've seen this problem with links often, anyone knows what's causing it ? 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

20% off does not apply to PCFAD and I don’t think for spotlight item either.

• The bundle should get a correct discount, though its DO status may not physically show up for a longer while.

This discussion has been closed.