It's Raining Men 2020 Contest - And the Winners Are...

Comments

• Hi - bit confused with the entry limits. In the rules it says you can enter up to three but then later on each category has different limits - for example, Silver story telling says only two enteries per person. Additionally the rules says you just have to state "Storytelling Entry" to be included in the storytelling but then there are different requirements for gold, silver and polished...and my head is spinning. :(

And I'm not sure how many categories an image can be entered into? So can I enter a single image into New User, storytelling and general for example?

I'm going to start submitting enteries but I will edit the text based on what answers I get from here. Just don't want to miss the deadline :)

• katywhite said:

Hi - bit confused with the entry limits. In the rules it says you can enter up to three but then later on each category has different limits - for example, Silver story telling says only two enteries per person. Additionally the rules says you just have to state "Storytelling Entry" to be included in the storytelling but then there are different requirements for gold, silver and polished...and my head is spinning. :(

And I'm not sure how many categories an image can be entered into? So can I enter a single image into New User, storytelling and general for example?

I'm going to start submitting enteries but I will edit the text based on what answers I get from here. Just don't want to miss the deadline :)

Perhaps I can help with the confusion. There is a limit of three entries for the It's Raining Men contest. Of those entries, you can enter any of the categories your entry qualifies to be entered into. Just tag those entries with the appropriate category when you post your entry. You can enter an entry in as many categories as you think fits.

The Storytelling categories are a little special so there are some further limits on the number of entries into these categories. You can enter one of your three entries into the Gold Storytelling category as long as your entry qualifies. You need to have used one of @FenixPhoenix and Esid's products in your render. That render is automatically entered into the Silver Storytelling category. You can then also enter one more entry (total of two) into the Silver Storytelling category.

If you're only entering the Silver Storytelling category, you can enter two of your three It's Raining Men entries into that category. These categories are more limited because of the time it takes to evaluate all of the entries.

I hope that clarfies things. If not, let me know and I'll try to make it more clear.

• @Knittingmommy explained it perfectly. You can submit up to two entries into storytelling. Gold entries are automatically entered into Silver Storytelling. So even if your entry didn't win Gold Storytelling, it could still win silver.
  • @Knittingmommy and @FenixPhoenix

Thanks! Makes perfect sense.

• Great entries so far, everyone! Excellent job!:)
  • I uploaded as JPG because of the original PNG sizes being fairly large. JPG compression artifacting does do some bad things with the quality so I wasn't sure if I should try and re-upload as PNG.

• Nice images!

You can always try uploading a large PNG.  Now that the forum is getting back to normal, you may have more luck.

Your 3rd image is wider than forum rules permit.  You can easily change it to 800.

• Ok thanks I didn't know there was a rule for width I'll change it.

• Oh wow. I didn't know there was a limit on dimensions. Please advise. I've just posted my 3 images....a first time noob and am not sure if they are correct. What are the dimesions?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,158

denavin said:

Oh wow. I didn't know there was a limit on dimensions. Please advise. I've just posted my 3 images....a first time noob and am not sure if they are correct. What are the dimesions?

The dimensions of the image itself don't matter; when you embed the image, you need to set the width to 800 or less. 

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,023
    edited December 2020
    denavin said:

Oh wow. I didn't know there was a limit on dimensions. Please advise. I've just posted my 3 images....a first time noob and am not sure if they are correct. What are the dimesions?

The dimensions of the artwork can be anything you want (as in the attachment). But when posting on the forum, you need to set the width to 800 pixels. Just saw Gordig replied the same above lol. He types faster than me!
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • FenixPhoenix said:

denavin said:

The dimensions of the artwork can be anything you want (as in the attachment). But when posting on the forum, you need to set the width to 800 pixels. Just saw Gordig replied the same above lol. He types faster than me!

That was a quick reply...thanks. So my images are alright like they are?

• Can I just have the attachment or do I need to submit a large image to?

• denavin said:

Can I just have the attachment or do I need to submit a large image to?

You should be fine like that since the attachment is what's important. Once the competition finishes, KM will repost them all onto a different thread with numbers for people to vote. :)
  • Thank you and thanks for a really enjoyable contest. Well done everyone!

• I'm afraid there isn't much we can do about the artifacting with jpg images. If your image is below the forum limit as a png, upload that. If not, images need to be uploaded as jpgs. As for the 800 px size, that's for the forum and how the forum sees it. Your entry can be any size you want to make it. Just don't make it too small. Old eyes need to be able to see it to judge it. Just saying.

How to set the viewable size of an image in the forums: @Chohole has a great little tutorial here for that.

Just a reminder that you only have 10 days left to get your entries uploaded. Upload your entries, make any changes, make sure your entries are all tagged with whatever category they are being submitted for other than the main category which is automatic. You have until 11:59 PM Daz Time (UTC -7) MST December 31, 2020 to get your entries uploaded.

• FenixPhoenix said:

denavin said:

Can I just have the attachment or do I need to submit a large image to?

You should be fine like that since the attachment is what's important. Once the competition finishes, KM will repost them all onto a different thread with numbers for people to vote. :)

Yep, what @FenixPhoenix said. Having the image is just for the ease of others to see your entry. But anyone who wants to see it can click on the attachment. I use the attachments to create the voting thread so it's more important that the attachment be upload with your entry post.

• Thanks Knittingmommy. I know you've worked hard with regards to this contest and appreciate what you are trying to achieve. The male model is staved of sufficient content. I experienced it doing my renders. Lucky I have learnt to manipulate models to a degree.  

• charles_2239525charles_2239525 Posts: 775
    edited December 2020

denavin said:

Thanks Knittingmommy. I know you've worked hard with regards to this contest and appreciate what you are trying to achieve. The male model is staved of sufficient content. I experienced it doing my renders. Lucky I have learnt to manipulate models to a degree.  

I had always just assumed the female model was the default for content because of extra "geometry" and one would just convert it to male. But morphs are a definantly lacking for male, especially like this one https://www.daz3d.com/iv-squish-morphs-for-genesis-8-females. Seriously they need to make a male version.

Post edited by charles_2239525 on
  • Charles, I have this product, though I haven't used it much just yet.

https://www.daz3d.com/glute-control-for-genesis-3-and-8-male

Perhaps it can be a good male version of those squish morphs?

Lee

• charles_2239525charles_2239525 Posts: 775
    edited December 2020

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

Charles, I have this product, though I haven't used it much just yet.

https://www.daz3d.com/glute-control-for-genesis-3-and-8-male

Perhaps it can be a good male version of those squish morphs?

Lee

Lee, I have that one as well but it doesn't do exactly the same thing as the squishy one. Glut contorl is great for many things and can be used for sitting (although is more work (but more control)), however it doesn't include thighs, shins, arms and such laying flat against surfaces. I often have to go in and use mesh grabber. Such as with my general entry, the right leg had to be deformed to look flat against the bench. I Squishy for male would have done it with a single slider.

Post edited by charles_2239525 on
  • Charles, after reading your reply and looking more at what the Squish morph set can do, I agree.  We could certainly benefit from a male version of this! :)

Lee

• SaraTSaraT Posts: 58

Great to see all these wonderful male-themed renders! In case it helps anyone, I followed this guide on how to insert the inline images: https://thinkdrawart.com/how-to-insert-inline-images-in-the-daz3d-forum

(I still had some problems in that the attachments disappeared afterwards for some reason, though the inline images still worked, but I reattached the attachements and hopefully it's OK now.)

• As we count down to the end of the contest, I'd just like to remind anyone who has donated a Gift Card as part of the prize pool that time is now running out. We will need those by the time the winners are announced in January. If you haven't picked yours up yet, there are really good discounts on Gift Cards today. Not sure how long these discounts will last. Take advantage of them if you still need to pick up your donation.

• SaraT said:

Great to see all these wonderful male-themed renders! In case it helps anyone, I followed this guide on how to insert the inline images: https://thinkdrawart.com/how-to-insert-inline-images-in-the-daz3d-forum

(I still had some problems in that the attachments disappeared afterwards for some reason, though the inline images still worked, but I reattached the attachements and hopefully it's OK now.)

Your attachments are there, but there is no image in your post.  It may be in your cache, which allows you to see it, but not us.

To get the attachment in the post, right click on the attachment, and select "copy link location."

Open the post to edit (little gear that says "options" in the top right corner).

It looks like you currently have an empty box in your post instead of an image, so you need to select the box and delete it (delete button on keyboard).

After that, select the "image" button (looks like a little picture).  This brings up "image properties."  Paste the link location in the box labeled "URL."  Set the width to 800.

If you want to give people the ability to see a larger version by clicking on the image, at the top of the imagies properties box, there is a tab labeled "link."  Select it, and paste the same original attachment information there.  Leave "target" as <not set>.

Click OK.  You should be good to go.

• SaraTSaraT Posts: 58

Thanks for the heads-up! I suppose it makes sense if the attachments disappeared that the links stopped working too. I've updated the links now, hopefully it works for others than me. :-)

• Happy to help.

Nice images!

I noticed that you set your images to display at less than the 800 width which is allowed.  Less than 800 is fine, of course.  You may want them to display smaller.  When clicking on them, you set them to expand to extra large size, and that is probably more useful for the viewer than seeing the initial image at 800 anyway.

However, if you want to change the initial display size to the max width of 800, it is very easy.  Open the post via the editor, right click on the image and select "image properties."  Change the width from there.

Hope this is not too basic.  If it doesn't apply to you, maybe it will help someone else.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Just wanted to remind everyone that we have 6 days left to submit!

• Yep, time is counting down. Not many days left. Get your renders submitted before the contest closes.

I've updated the prize pool. @gerterasmus has kindly donated a Gift Card to the New Users category. Thank you, @gerterasmus. We can't do this contest without all of our kind supporters. It's very much appreciated!

• Only a few days left to submit an entry into this year's It's Raining Men contest. You have until 11:59 PM Daz Time (UTC -7) MST December 31, 2020.