It's Raining Men 2020 Contest - And the Winners Are...

Comments

• Diomede said:

RE: StoryTelling Category

- Last year was fun!

- Appears there were some lessons learned and minor improvements to the rules.  Did mention it was already fun?  Will be even better!

- The professional feedback was amazing.  Did I mention there was feedback?  From professionals?  Very constructive and nurturing.

I encourage everyone to be interested.  Check out last year's feedback thread.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/383106/irm2019-storytelling-feedback-completed/p1

Thank you, @Diomede, I'm glad you enjoyed the experience and I look forward to see your entries if you decide to give it a shot this year as well :).

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078
    Diomede said:

RE: StoryTelling Category

- Last year was fun!

- Appears there were some lessons learned and minor improvements to the rules.  Did mention it was already fun?  Will be even better!

- The professional feedback was amazing.  Did I mention there was feedback?  From professionals?  Very constructive and nurturing.

I encourage everyone to be interested.  Check out last year's feedback thread.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/383106/irm2019-storytelling-feedback-completed/p1

Thank you, @Diomede, I'm glad you enjoyed the experience and I look forward to see your entries if you decide to give it a shot this year as well :).

Trying to decide whether to do the "Polishing" challenge of one of last year's (feel like I've learned a lot since then), or whether to start from scratch.  One way or the other I will try to participate again.  

• Just a quick comment, very glad to see the contest again this year. Thank you so much for taking the time to do it yet again, and thanks to everyone who is prodviding parts of the prize packages.

Guess I'll enter again, though I'm not sure why I do. Maybe I just like the feeling of failure I get each year. So far, since the first year, I've never gotten more than a few votes. Not sure why, might be my skill level, my subject matter, my lack of humor, or people just don't like it. But, I try harder each time, spend more time doing them and I hope a lot. I'll do the same this year too. As I said, very glad you are doing it again this year. I hope that the complete list of results will be made available for each catagory so we can see how badly we did, or maybe it will be a bit better than before, not a winner, but better.

Good luck to everyone who enters, always glad to see all of the entries. Guess I'm like most people, I try to guess the winners too, usually which ones I think are better than my own (most of them that is).

• Are we allowed to post WIPs on our own threads ?

• Are we allowed to post WIPs on our own threads ?

Yes, you can post WIPs to your threads.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Ok I am up to date with all the rules and such now where do we post our images?

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited November 2020

Ok I am up to date with all the rules and such now where do we post our images?

The entry thread will be going up very soon. I'm waiting until the Movember contest entry date is over which is November 20. So the It's Raining Men entry thread will go up either November 21 or 22. I'll make sure to post a link here when it goes up.

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • And the Entry Thread is now live. If you've already rendered some entries during the month of November, you can now enter them. The deadline for entries is 11:59 PM Daz Time (UTC -7) MST December 31, 2020.

It's Raining Men 2020 Entry Thread Link

Yay entered my 1st render already!!!

• Yay entered my 1st render already!!!

I saw that. First entry this year. :)

Yay entered my 1st render already!!!

I saw that. First entry this year. :)

I saw that and I am amazed that someone didn't enter before me!!surprise

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

I don't know how I missed last year, but... then my life has been weird for a while now.  Anyway... first entry is up.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,424

Ok, my first entry this year is in the Entries thread.  This is a great contest, I can't wait to see everyone's entries!

• Excellent start, thank you to those who've entered this year and those who are planning to enter :).

• We've gotten some great entries to the contest so far. Keep them coming. Make sure you guys are tagging your entries with the special categories you want to enter or they might be missed and only entered in the general category. If you're entering a category with special requirements, make sure to list what products you used to qualify.

Great work so far everyone!

• Question:  can you enter a render in It's Raining Men if the render is also about to be entered in another contest?

Yes, it is a new render.  I enjoyed participating in your contest last year, but this month's Carrara Challenge (#55) is also worthy of support.

• Question:  can you enter a render in It's Raining Men if the render is also about to be entered in another contest?

Yes, it is a new render.  I enjoyed participating in your contest last year, but this month's Carrara Challenge (#55) is also worthy of support.

Yes, you can enter both. Quite a few of the artists who enter the Carrara contest enter their works in the It's Raining Men contest at the same time because we have the Carrara category in our contest. Go for it. :)

• Well, I don't think that they enter the same render in both contests.  At least, I've never seen it.

But if you are OK with it, I will do it with one render only.  It just happens to fit the theme of both contests pretty well.

Many thanks!  And many thanks for doing this again.  I know it is a lot of work.  A labor of love, I hope. :)

• I want to remind everyone to please upload your entry as an attachment to your entry posts. It's a requirement and it makes my life so much easier when I'm creating the voting thread. If you didn't include an attachment with your entry, please do so before the end of the contest.

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,181

Here are my three entry images for the, "2020 It's Raining Men Contest".

Image # 1 is titled, "A Very Very Merry Christmas"  

Dinky and Clive, Santa's darlings of the North Pole, wish you "A Very Very Merry Christmas!"

Image # 2 is titled, "Good Neighbors"

It is always nice to have good neighbors...

Image # 3 is titled, "It's Raining Men"

Bring an umbrella in case it might, ummm, rain...

It was a lot of fun making these images and a pleasure using the awesome Daz models for this project.

Best of luck to you all!

RexRed

Image Title - A Very Very Merry Christmas - 2020 It's Raining Men Contest Entry - RexRed.jpg
    2000 x 1698 - 2M
    Image Title - Good Neighbors - 2020 It's Raining Men Contest Entry - RexRed.jpg
    2000 x 1698 - 2M
    Image Title - It's Raining Men - 2020 It's Raining Men Contest Entry - RexRed.jpg
    2000 x 1698 - 4M
  • RexRed said:

Here are my three entry images for the, "2020 It's Raining Men Contest".

Image # 1 is titled, "A Very Very Merry Christmas"  

Dinky and Clive, Santa's darlings of the North Pole, wish you "A Very Very Merry Christmas!"

Image # 2 is titled, "Good Neighbors"

It is always nice to have good neighbors...

Image # 3 is titled, "It's Raining Men"

Bring an umbrella in case it might, ummm, rain...

It was a lot of fun making these images and a pleasure using the awesome Daz models for this project.

Best of luck to you all!

RexRed

@RexRed This is the discussion thread. Can you please post these in the Entry Thread over in the Art Studio?

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/452881/it-s-raining-men-2020-entry-thread-now-accepting-entries#latest

Thank you!

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,181

Sorry, no wonder why I couldn't find my entry. lol

Thanks for the heads up! :)

• This really looks fun and i'd love to participate. A silly question. How do I create the attachment?

• denavin said:

This really looks fun and i'd love to participate. A silly question. How do I create the attachment?

When you start a post, at the bottom of the message, but above the button where it says Post Comment, is a link that says Attach a file. Push that link and it will reveal a button that say Browse. Push that and find the image you wish to upload. It will load the image as long as it's under the limit which I believe is 2MB. Once the file is uploaded, just push the Post Comment button. The forums are being wonky right now so you might not be able to edit your post and put the image in the body of the post. That's okay as long as we have the attachment. Everyone can still see your image if they click on the attachment. Hopefully, they'll fix the editing process soon.

• denavindenavin Posts: 30
    edited December 2020

Thanks Knittingmommy. So it is the HUGE big link staring me in the face at the bottom of this space that i'm typing in . No comment....lol....he hides his crimson face. 

Post edited by denavin on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

Just posted my 3 entries attachments, sorry I can't get the bigger pictures in the body, best I could manage was a url, so I removed that and will try again when the fix the forums... ;-(

• A hack for those that don't speak HTML:

Step 1: In the comment box, click the "Image" button and post the URL there (like you would normally do).

Step 2: Next, click the "Source" button and copy the code.

Step 3: Then paste that code into the edit window.

Step 4: Enjoy a well earned drink!

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

Thanks Andricaus, I had to dust off 15 years old HTML coding in my head but I got there in the end. You get to rely on WYSWYG so quickly.

• 3Ddreamer said:

Thanks Andricaus, I had to dust off 15 years old HTML coding in my head but I got there in the end. You get to rely on WYSWYG so quickly.

+1

I suddenly found myself floundering when trying to post, and remembered seeing your post yesterday.  Thanks Andricaus!

• @3Ddreamer and @UnifiedBrain You're welcome! Glad y'all found it useful. laugh