[Released] Now-Crowd Billboards - Ancient World [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
edited October 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Travel to mystical and wondrous lands... journey to the sands of Arabia or the exotic cities of Persia with the Now-Crowds Billboards - Ancient World!

Fill the cities of the ancient world, exotic bazaars, and lost oases FULL of the fascinating people of the past including Celts, Scythians, Assyrians, Desert Nomads, and more... walking, talking, playing and dancing in high quality, flexible and easy to use billboards... perfect as a backdrop for the main action that you add!

Billboards are a fantastically quick and resource easy way to add background crowds to your scenes. These pre-rendered elements are great to play the background characters in your scene. The Now-Crowd Billboards improves on standard billboards by providing 72 different views for every billboard figure. Change a billboard figure to 12 different horizontal angles and 6 different vertical angles. When your camera moves, the Now-Crowd Billboards can be changed to match!

There are also great scripts to make these billboards easy to use! There is one script to turn the billboards to face the camera and another script to change billboard figure angle based on horizontal and vertical orientation. Finally, there is a script that pushes your billboard directly away from your camera view or pulls it towards you.

Get Now-Crowd Billboards - Ancient World for your historical scenes today!

Notes: For Iray and 3Delight

No figures are included with this product.

No other products are needed to use the Now-Crowd Billboards - Ancient World.

Note that Now-Crowd Billboard products are large ( 10GB) because of the many textures (72 images per figure x number of figures) and can take a while to download.

What's Included and Features

• Now-Crowd Billboards - Ancient World
  • 35 Billboards
    • Assyrian Woman Getting Water
    • Assyrian Woman Kneeling
    • Assyrian Woman Walking
    • Boy Begging
    • Boy Playing
    • Camel Standing
    • Canaanite Woman Shopping
    • Canaanite Woman Standing
    • Celtic Man Standing
    • Celtic Man Walking
    • Celtic Woman Walking
    • Dancer 01
    • Dancer 02
    • Desert Man Crouching
    • Desert Man Pouring Tea
    • Desert Man Sitting 01
    • Desert Man Sitting 02
    • Desert Man Sitting and Talking
    • Desert Man Standing
    • Desert Man Standing and Talking 01
    • Desert Man Standing and Talking 02
    • Desert Man Walking
    • Desert Woman Carrying Pot 01
    • Desert Woman Carrying Pot 02
    • Desert Woman Speaking 01
    • Desert Woman Speaking 02
    • Desert Woman Walking
    • Desert Woman and Child
    • Lute Player
    • Lyre Player
    • Pipes Player
    • Scythian Crouching
    • Scythian Standing 01
    • Scythian Standing 02
    • Scythian Walking
    • Roman Woman Walking
  • Scripts Include: (.DSE)
    • Now-Crowd Orient Billboard Script - Change billboards to face camera
    • Now-Crowd Change Billboard Angle Script - Change billboards to use different figure angle
    • Now-Crowd Move Away Script - Move billboards towards/away from camera
  • Textures Include:
    • 72 or more Texture and Transparency Maps (2048 x 2048) per single Figure Billboard

main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 458K
popup_1.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 384K
popup_2.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 477K
popup_3.jpg
1000 x 1498 - 362K
popup_4.jpg
1200 x 1300 - 502K
popup_5.jpg
1689 x 1000 - 689K
popup_6.jpg
1550 x 1652 - 496K
popup_7.jpg
1550 x 1652 - 496K
popup_8.jpg
1550 x 1652 - 482K
popup_9.jpg
1550 x 1652 - 455K
popup_10.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 374K
popup_11.jpg
1778 x 1000 - 605K
popup_12.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 704K
popup_13.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 605K
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Waited for that kind of billboards. Superb! yes

• Waited for that kind of billboards. Superb! yes

Thank you!

• Always your Works is beautiful .

Add to your list work :
    Police and security guards

• Always your Works is beautiful .

Add to your list work :

• Bamber said:

Always your Works is beautiful .

Add to your list work :

Thank you!  I will.

• And it is released!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

And there goes my remaining store credit...

• And there goes my remaining store credit...

Thank you! smiley

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Awesome! In my cart!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    edited October 2020

And it is released!

Thank you for the loyalty discount. Into my cart it goes.

Have no fear. There probably will be another gift card sale soon.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • dawnblade said:

Awesome! In my cart!

Thank you for your support!

• And it is released!

You're welcome!  Thanks for your loyal support! smiley

• What timing ... you had no idea that within 72 hours I need to submit an image to an archaeological magazine for an article going out shortly. It is a citywide view of a 1st century AD mediterranean city. It is the first time I have used your billboards for a finished / published piece outside of my own powerpoint / seminar work. This set has several characters that fit in perfectly! It is already downloaded and I will be adding them soon. Keep up the great work.

• What timing ... you had no idea that within 72 hours I need to submit an image to an archaeological magazine for an article going out shortly. It is a citywide view of a 1st century AD mediterranean city. It is the first time I have used your billboards for a finished / published piece outside of my own powerpoint / seminar work. This set has several characters that fit in perfectly! It is already downloaded and I will be adding them soon. Keep up the great work.

Very cool!  You need to post a link to the article wihen it comes out.

edited October 2020

And it is released!

Sadly, I can't use it yet because parts 03, 21, 22, 23, 33, and 34 repeatedly fail to download both in DIM and manually. crying

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Instant buy yes

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

And it is released!

Sadly, I can't use it yet because parts 03, 21, 22, 23, 33, and 34 repeatedly fail to download both in DIM and manually. crying

Hey Charlie, I replied to you in the other thread, but so far DIM has installed up to 35 with no issues, and moving along at 65% with the last file. Maybe try one at a time or at a different time of day?

• Instant buy yes

Thank you! smiley

• And it is released!

I am sorry you are having difficulty.  Hopefully it has cleared up now.

And it is released!

I am sorry you are having difficulty.  Hopefully it has cleared up now.

I am happy to report that the files have now downloaded and installed successfully for me this morning. Maybe it was just a temporary server or network error.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,748

Hi RiverSoft! I'm having a problem using your Ancient World Now-Crowd Billboard product. This is the first time I'm using one of your Now-Crowd Billboard products.

If I create a new empty scene, place some billboards, set up a camera, select all the billboards, and run the Orient Billboards scrips, then it works properly. All billboards are now facing the camera.

However I opened an old scene with several other props, figures, lights, and a camera. I placed some billboards in this old scene. Running the Orient Billboards scrips doesn't do anything.

I deleted everything from this old scene except the camera and one billboard. The Orient Billboards scrips still isn't working.

Forum uploads are broken for me atm, so I'm attaching the old scene (with everything deleted except camera and billboard) and the log file via Google Drive.

Can you reproduce the problem, and what is the solution?

Thank you for your time!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r1rBwiiC6TDqvxkzkYTc6eqE87cpo7PY/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_hmmS_S71eo8CiFe2YsXoEWkyk4JfmAC/view?usp=sharing

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

Hylas said:

Hi RiverSoft! I'm having a problem using your Ancient World Now-Crowd Billboard product. This is the first time I'm using one of your Now-Crowd Billboard products.

If I create a new empty scene, place some billboards, set up a camera, select all the billboards, and run the Orient Billboards scrips, then it works properly. All billboards are now facing the camera.

However I opened an old scene with several other props, figures, lights, and a camera. I placed some billboards in this old scene. Running the Orient Billboards scrips doesn't do anything.

I deleted everything from this old scene except the camera and one billboard. The Orient Billboards scrips still isn't working.

Forum uploads are broken for me atm, so I'm attaching the old scene (with everything deleted except camera and billboard) and the log file via Google Drive.

Thank you for your time!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r1rBwiiC6TDqvxkzkYTc6eqE87cpo7PY/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_hmmS_S71eo8CiFe2YsXoEWkyk4JfmAC/view?usp=sharing

I can confirm it happens but I have no idea why.  If I create a new scene and then merge your scene in, it works.  Loading by itself, it doesn't work.

RiverSoftArt said:

Hylas said:

Thank you for your time!

I can confirm it happens but I have no idea why.  If I create a new scene and then merge your scene in, it works.  Loading by itself, it doesn't work.

For me, merging the old scene into a new empty one does not solve the problem...

I guess I can rotate the billboards manually for this one scene. It's not the end of the world.

Is it worth opening a support ticket about this or will it just go right back to you?

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,040

I just tried Ancient Worlds and Modern City Life in a random scene from my library and it worked. This was in Studio 4.15. It tried it again, same scene and Billboards, in Studio 4.21 Beta and it worked as did the change angle in both programmes.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,040

I tried your test scene and the other scripts work except that one. I even added my own billboard and it wouldn't work. I even tried my own render settings on your scene and that didn't work either. I have checked all the settings on your scene that I can think of and nothing worked so it has to be something about your scene that is changing Studio in some way, or at least changing the way that script works.

Hylas said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Hylas said:

Thank you for your time!

For me, merging the old scene into a new empty one does not solve the problem...

I guess I can rotate the billboards manually for this one scene. It's not the end of the world.

Is it worth opening a support ticket about this or will it just go right back to you?

Any tickets like that go back to me.

Fishtales said:

I tried your test scene and the other scripts work except that one. I even added my own billboard and it wouldn't work. I even tried my own render settings on your scene and that didn't work either. I have checked all the settings on your scene that I can think of and nothing worked so it has to be something about your scene that is changing Studio in some way, or at least changing the way that script works.

I did the same steps.  This one has me baffled.  I tried to look at the scene to see what was different but nothing jumped out at me.  Very puzzling.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,570

I was curious so have had a look at this scene file and it seems that it might be the animation timeline that is the culprit? Not sure why that would be but Hylas' scene loads up at frame 30/30 and the script does not rotate the billboard as originally mentioned - however when I set the current frame to 0 it then it works as expected for me.

SofaCitizen said:

I was curious so have had a look at this scene file and it seems that it might be the animation timeline that is the culprit? Not sure why that would be but Hylas' scene loads up at frame 30/30 and the script does not rotate the billboard as originally mentioned - however when I set the current frame to 0 it then it works as expected for me.

This is it!

I'm using the timeline for a dForce thing.

All my characters are set up to be in their correct, final poition by the last frame; but the script appears to only turn the billboards in the first frame. Is there a way to have the billboards not be affected by the timeline?

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,570

Hylas said:

SofaCitizen said:

This is it!

I'm using the timeline for a dForce thing.

All my characters are set up to be in their correct, final poition by the last frame; but the script appears to only turn the billboards in the first frame. Is there a way to have the billboards not be affected by the timeline?

Hopefully RiverSoftArt can answer that question. But in the meantime, if you just need to get the rotation working in that scene, should just be able to delete the key relating to the billboard at the end of the timeline and then it will use the rotation from keyframe 0 at the end of the timeline.