(WIP) Shed Style Apartment

Scorpio87Scorpio87 Posts: 82
edited November 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products

TBA

Post edited by Scorpio87 on

Comments

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

Looks good. Looking forwad to seeing more.

• inception8inception8 Posts: 280

Possibly make a metal frame for the outer edge area of the table.

Possibly break up the 3 sections of the table with boards going across the width to make it a bit more customized looking. Pehaps maybe instead of the boards going lengthwise try diagonal and within an outer edge frame.

Stool looks fantastic.

Seems like a great idea. If it has the word industrial in it I am down with that.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited August 2020

I'm confused by your measurements. The living area looks more like 12 x 24 than 12 x 12. The bedroom is closer, but still not square. Nor are the kitchen and dining areas. Nor are they the same size although they are supposedly the same measurments. Admittedly iff the closed area between them is supposed to be a part of the dining area it *about* works. But they are still 6 x 12, rather than 6 x 6 according to the external dimensions.

The other side of the apartment is closer, but the entry area is more than 12 feet wide if the closet and bath are correct. 

Post edited by JOdel on
  • ChumlyChumly Posts: 793
    edited August 2020

Hmmmm... 
    Name,..  Industrial Loft yadda yadda... sounds kind of boring, for all the time and effort you've Obviously put in.  It looks great!

I am thinking more along the lines of "FBI/Mobster Safe House", which would grab attention and get more clicks from causal shoppers.  Throw in promo pics of some tough guys lounging around cleaning their guns or playing cards, add stacks of cash on the tables - and put bars (optional) on the windows to prevent "escapes" and budda bing, it sells itself!

Of course, in the docs you can say, "can also be used as an industrial loft and aparment"

Post edited by Chumly on
  • An exterior of at least the entrance door would be great.

• Scorpio87Scorpio87 Posts: 82
    edited September 2020

Hey Sorry! I have been preoccupied with other life obligations, been crazy 2 months for me! XD. These are more recently updated renders of what the home will look like. It's a shed style Tiny Home.

Bedroom 12x12 + 6x12 closet: 18Lx12W

Dining Room, Kitchen, Living room, 12Lx24W  (Dining room 6Lx6W) (Kitchen 6Lx6W) (Livingroom 12Lx12W)

Bathroom - 6Lx12W

Sunroom - 6Lx12W

edited September 2020

Updated**

• rrwardrrward Posts: 556
    Scorpio87 said:

Hey Sorry! I have been preoccupied with other life obligations, been crazy 2 months for me! XD. These are more recently updated renders of what the home will look like. It's a shed style Tiny Home.

A toilet with a lid and a seat? 

edited November 2020

TBA

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,120
    Scorpio87 said:
    rrward said:
    Scorpio87 said:

Toilet lid+seat is a very common feature where I am from. 

But not, sadly, in the Daz store.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    rrward said:
    Scorpio87 said:

And a base that's just waiting to crack off as soon as somebody sits down on it and a drain pipe asking to clog.

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,024

Ah, c'est un sanibroyeur! 

Scorpio87 said:
    rrward said:
    Scorpio87 said:

Toilet lid+seat is a very common feature where I am from. Even more so now many new smart and eco homes come with a toilet system with a built in bio grinder so reduce waste clogging in the pipes.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,120
    Ascania said:
    rrward said:
    Scorpio87 said:

And a base that's just waiting to crack off as soon as somebody sits down on it and a drain pipe asking to clog.

It does look a bit like it was made from a repurposed barber's chair.

edited November 2020

TBA

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    Scorpio87 said:
    Ascania said:
    rrward said:
    Scorpio87 said:

Modeling isnt done. I havent modeled the Base.

The drainage pipe/hose is size standard to commerical toilets. And with a grinder you have smaller particulates that keeps toilets from clogging.

Wait! Where you live toilets have a grinder directly under your arse?

edited November 2020

TBA

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

I guess Mobster/FBI Safe House was a non-starter... sighhhh.....

edited November 2020

TBA

edited November 2020

TBA

• Scorpio87 said:

update**  https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Db6IAeVwBIkwhrDZ-RhIYQFGwJxUGo6/view?usp=sharing

Be sure to switch video to 1080p

Video of textures for the (outside external) tongue and groove walls

Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist.

Make sure that you have the correct URL and the file exists.

edited November 2020

TBA

edited November 2020

TBA

• FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388
    edited October 2020

This might be of interest to me.

Couple of points, The wood grain looks like it needs a lot more detail - assuming a wip. The geometry video: really, Iray preview is not needed and most of it is just yellow highlight - make the objects not selectable in the viewport so we can actually see what you're trying to show us.

Regarding the toilet, please do look at references - overall it looks lumpy, the bowl itself looks very shallow, the seat and lid are very thin, the base is not something that matches any references I've seen for macerator toilets and the outflow should be thicker and a consistent circular shape along its length (to prevent clogging!)

I hope the upper decking will be a separate object so it can be hidden if not required.

And finally (and this isn't really aimed at you, it's just something I'm seeing more and more these days) please don't include plain black metallicity maps on surfaces that are not supposed to be/contain metallic elements. It's a sacriligious waste of vram! :D

Post edited by Frinkky on
    edited November 2020

TBA

• FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388

Well, this all sounds great! I look forward to seeing this develop.

• Frinkky said:

Well, this all sounds great! I look forward to seeing this develop.

haha thanks. I am working on 2 other products I hope to release all three at the same time!

Thanks,

joanght

edited November 2020

TBA

• Scorpio87 said:
    I am now working on 4 additional products on top of the apartment. The other 4 will be large furniture packs containing 20 furnitures in each pack. All my packs will match one another and look amazing in any home.

Will you include preload sets, placing the furniture correctly in the shed style appartment?

edited November 2020

TBA