Crazy - can't duplicate!

OldminerOldminer Posts: 134
edited April 2014 in Carrara Discussion

I don't know what I have done but I can't duplicate or duplicate with symmetry - Both are grayed out in the drop-down menu and the key board shutouts don't work.

Carrara 8.5 Pro on a iMac running 10.9.
Reset Perf solved the problem

Post edited by Oldminer on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796
    edited April 2014

is it a rigged model or figure?
    only objects and props can be duplicated some props have been saved as figures in Daz studio by creators so exporting and reimporting as an obj the solution.
    or importing a studio obj export into carrara

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • OldminerOldminer Posts: 134
    edited December 1969

It is an obj loaded from the object tab but resetting the preferences seemed to solve my problem.I apparently did something !! seams most of my problems originate at the guy in front of the keyboard!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

EUGENEWD said:
    It is an obj loaded from the object tab but resetting the preferences seemed to solve my problem.I apparently did something !! seams most of my problems originate at the guy in front of the keyboard!

Don't blame me! I'm just an innocent guy sitting in front of a keyboard! ;-P

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    edited April 2014

h ha no it was me evil, I swear I was sitting in front of your keyboard.... you know you can clean it with a vacuum cleaner btw ;) I always used to use soap and water on mine but the "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz' key sticks now....

edit: if anyone needs to duplicate a figure, fenric has a wonderous plugin that will duplicate your tree structure, figures and all

Post edited by Headwax on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    h ha no it was me evil, I swear I was sitting in front of your keyboard.... you know you can clean it with a vacuum cleaner btw ;) I always used to use soap and water on mine but the "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz' key sticks now....

edit: if anyone needs to duplicate a figure, fenric has a wonderous plugin that will duplicate your tree structure, figures and all

Since you're from Oz, I thought a little Munchkin with a spray bottle of flying monkey urine cleaned your keyboard? No wait. That couldn't be it, because then your P would stick! :lol: