Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 13

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    Daventaki said:

I think I got carried away!  Character I have never done laugh

Oh that's cute! I always wished the feet hadn't been done so pink though. So now I have to go look up hedgehog's feet to see if there's a reason for it...

RGcincy said:

Alondra for Monique 8    dForce DeNile for Genesis 8 Female     African Headwear for Genesis 3 Female     Scintillant Portrait Lights for Iray

I haven't rendered any of these before, so thought now is as good a time as any. Congratulations on thread number 13 Novica!

Thank you, you've been a big part of it for many years.  I like Alondra. I haven't rendered her yet (well, if I have, I didn't make a folder for her or save the file. But I don't remember her.)  That headdress/turban really goes well with DeNile.

cismic said:

Here is another conversion character. using the tool Https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-8-genesis-2-female

https://www.daz3d.com/cassia-for-olympia

https://www.daz3d.com/classic-long-curly-hair-with-dforce-for-genesis-8-females

I've started rendering cassia images with percentages of a few other characters. At  a smaller size then this image to save rendering time.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/ed/a8d94385ec98079ac269ef64aacc6b.jpg

Cassia looks good with that hair, and I like her eyebrows. Not too thick, or thin. Looking forward to the character mixes.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,114
    edited March 2020

Mrs. Chowru

As far as I know, I've never rendered any of the things in this image before. Oso Pixie Dragon, Mrs. Chow, Pix Charu for Sakura, dForce Palace Robes, MRL Messy Bun and the Forgotten Courtyard.

Post edited by Gordig on
    edited March 2020

Okay, take a break from COVID-19.  Paws For A Smile! 

HUGS FROM Ci Pwff!  (Key-Poof!)  ("Dog Puff" in Welsh)

4 months old. No he is NOT that big. Just closer to the camera....and stopped squirming for a millisecond so I took the shot!  Do you KNOW how hard it is to hold a puppy and do a selfie????

March26 2020 4 months.jpg
    1160 x 1544 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on

@gordig   Oooh, that's really neat! Ilike the ivy in the foreground adding to the depth of the scene and the way the curved stone comes at the viewer (that she is sitting on.)  the lighting on the wing is really nice too. 

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,260

You did good Nice pic

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,308
    Novica said:

4 months old. No he is NOT that big. Just closer to the camera....and stopped squirming for a millisecond so I took the shot!  Do you KNOW how hard it is to hold a puppy and do a selfie????

Cute Picture And virtual hugs back.

Now off to take my Katie to the doggie park while I still can.

• alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130
    Novica said:

Perfect posing skills :D.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Puff dog    not     dog puff

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

Puff the magic dog!  He's a nice looking dog!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,129
    edited March 2020
    Novica said:

Thread is now open. :)

I'd like to start this new thread with the challenge of asking you to render a character you haven't ever done. Let's see who we can showcase. And welcome to the thread!

This is Yoshie for Mei Lin 8. The outfit is dForce Emo Style for Genesis 8 Female(s) with textures from dForce Emo Style Outfit Textures. I haven't used either product before, as far as I remember. The hair is dforce Soft Curls for Genesis 8 and Genesis 3 Female(s) with some of its morphs dialed and some simulation settings changes. I have used this hair before. The pose is from Fashion Editorial Poses and Expressions for Genesis 8 Female, which I have used many times, but not this particular pose from that set. The lighting is an HDRI from Click N Render IBL Set.  Edit: iRadiance - Light Probe HDR Lighting for Iray - Expansion 4

I find Yoshie to be a little pale and yellow/greenish. Maybe the slight bluish tint of the HDRI affected her skin. I used a yellow/ocher image in the background, because I thought maybe she would look less yellow in contrast with the yellow background, but I don't think it helped much. It is just an image pasted into the Environment pane as a backdrop, so that didn't affect the lighting on the character at all.

Yoshie

Edit: I rendered with a different HDRI from the same set. It made a world of difference. No change was made to the character skin at all.

Yoshie Emo Outfit_001.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Yoshie Emo Outfit_002.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I'm afraid I can't say I did this image in response to your challenge to use items I've not used before. But it does qualify. The only products I used for this image that I've used before are Mesh Grabber and the water plane from Steam Punk Hide Away. (It has a nice fade away for the horizon,) and I've done centaurs before, but this is my first C8F, and I applied the body to the new female, Dior.

Predator

Predator, by L'Adair

There is a complete list of Daz products used on the gallery page, here. You can also see the full-size image, if you want, which is 3k by 2k. (Lots of little details!)

Chohole said:

Puff dog    not     dog puff

Ci is dog, pwff is puff. So the literal is dog puff.  Is it turned around, like in Spanish where the adjective can go after the noun but translated differently?  (Like tall men are written men then tall, but said as tall men.) I'd really prefer it to be puff dog! 

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited March 2020

Awesome image @L'Adair! Going to go have a look at the full size here in a sec.

Taking a page from L'Adair's book because I wasn't going to post this here, to lazy at this time to look up all the links.

Full size image and all available links on the gallery page here

*updated to add links*

dforce Soft Curls for G8F G3F       Babina 8 for G8F(texture only)      BJ Amira HD for G8F (morph only)    European Apartment   Daz Dog 8 French bulldog

Fur Shaders by Oso   Lacy Shirt is Angelically Naughty from the other store  Pants and undertop are L2R for G8F    Shoes are from Denim Jumper outfit G8F

Advanced Seated Poses for G8F

Everything here is never been rendered by me except the hair and possibly the lacy top (cant remember).

Post edited by Daventaki on

@barbult Second one to me is much better!  I seen the first and thought goodness she sure is pale.

barbult said:

Edit: I rendered with a different HDRI from the same set. It made a world of difference. No change was made to the character skin at all.

Yes, definitely looks better with the more ruddy tint. I love her pose, she's definitely confident.

L'Adair said:

I'm afraid I can't say I did this image in response to your challenge to use items I've not used before. But it does qualify. The only products I used for this image that I've used before are Mesh Grabber and the water plane from Steam Punk Hide Away. (It has a nice fade away for the horizon,) and I've done centaurs before, but this is my first C8F, and I applied the body to the new female, Dior.

Predator

I really like the centaur. The posing is spot on! 

Regarding COVID-19   I was looking at the state list of cases on CNN, and thought I'd list them from most to least cases instead of that long alphabetical list. Within each group, they are alphabetical, aka the 3,000's group doesn't mean California, then Florida, then Illinois, etc so far as number of cases.

40,000's    New York

8,000's    New Jersey,

3,000's    California, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Washington

2,000's    Georgia, Louisiana, Pennsylvania

1,000's    Colorado, Connecticut, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas

900's     Indiana

800's     Wisconsin

700's     Maryland, North Carolina

600's      Alabama, Arizona, Missouri, Virginia

500's      Mississippi, Nevada, South Carolina

400's     Oregon, Utah

300's      Arkansas, Kentucky, Minnesota (398 though), Oklahoma

200's      District of Columbia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Rhode Island

100's      Delaware, Hawaii, Maine, Montana, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Vermont

100 or less    Alaska, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wyoming

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

I agree the 2nd one is much better. The 1st one seems to be a common mistake, that sort of skin shading in the DAZ Store, but it in no way, shape, or form looks realistic.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

Novica said:

Regarding COVID-19   I was looking at the state list of cases on CNN, and thought I'd list them from most to least cases instead of that long alphabetical list. Within each group, they are alphabetical, aka the 3,000's group doesn't mean California, then Florida, then Illinois, etc so far as number of cases.

40,000's    New York

8,000's    New Jersey,

900's     Indiana

800's     Wisconsin

400's     Oregon, Utah

100 or less    Alaska, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wyoming

Hmmm, those New York & New Jersey numbers being higher than even Californias looks very fishy.

I haven't rendered Eryn so I am doing a render of her this afternoon. I see @cismic did her in Sept 2019 on this thread! (Using the forum links on the product pages, if you have the Daz Deals plugin.) 

BTW, the reason I've asked not to link to gallery images is because I want forum links via that plugin to direct folks here. Gallery images may or may not be clicked on with that plugin, as sometimes they are slow loading. When people see this thread link, they know there's usually an issue being discussed, or a render provided (or both.)  You don't have to list every product, but the character and outfit at a minimum is appreciated. 

Well, made me jump... I was leaning over looking closely at my computer monitor, with my iphone right in front of me. Suddenly one of those blaring Amber-Alert type BWZZZZZZZ started going off!  The Florida Surgeon General  sent this:

FL Surgeon Gen: Stay home if 65+ or have medical conditions. All follow social distancing.

So, has your state done this yet?

edited March 2020

@novica, I think Eryn has some very realistice skin. Here a few other renders I've done with her. 

Description

Made with...

WomensDay.jpg
    2400 x 3120 - 2M
    Eryn A.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 390K
    Post edited by cismic on

Washington state has stay at home type of order. Can go out and get groceries and such. But, not much else. 

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,256

Novica said:

40,000's    New York

8,000's    New Jersey,

900's     Indiana

800's     Wisconsin

400's     Oregon, Utah

Hmmm, those New York & New Jersey numbers being higher than even Californias looks very fishy.

New York had earlier presenting infections so, when you consider geometric progression, California and Florida is about a week to a week and a half behind New York.   California also started social distancing a bit earlier than New York than New York also which slowed things down.  With a geometric progression, in 15 days, California should reach 48,000 cases in 15 days (3000 cases, 3 days later 6000, 3 days later 12000, etc.).

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    Novica said:

Well, made me jump... I was leaning over looking closely at my computer monitor, with my iphone right in front of me. Suddenly one of those blaring Amber-Alert type BWZZZZZZZ started going off!  The Florida Surgeon General  sent this:

FL Surgeon Gen: Stay home if 65+ or have medical conditions. All follow social distancing.

Stay at Home except for groceries, medical, or if you are an "essentials" employee implemented a week and a half ago.  Curfew started yesterday.  Neighboring county put out one of those alerts through the phone yesterday, made me jump, as well.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,260

County issued stay at home except for essentials State hasn't issued a shelter in place order as of yet

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,308
    Novica said:

North Carolina has a Stay at Home Order that will go into effect Monday; but Dare County where I live put it into effect today. Basically only essential businesses and activities are permited. Fortunately we are still allowed to use the doggie park as long as we maintain 6' social distancing.

Novica said:

BTW, the reason I've asked not to link to gallery images is because I want forum links via that plugin to direct folks here. Gallery images may or may not be clicked on with that plugin, as sometimes they are slow loading. When people see this thread link, they know there's usually an issue being discussed, or a render provided (or both.)  You don't have to list every product, but the character and outfit at a minimum is appreciated. 

Oh sorry I didn't even think about that, makes perfect sense!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,724
    edited March 2020

Denver went into stay at home last week, parking lot at the apartment full. This week, the state went fully into stay at home. Mountains dangerous for those with weak lungs, in addition to limited medical resources before this started. 

I found something to do that I had not attempted before, HowieFarkes UltraScenery - Realistic Landscape System. Lots of homework today, but a few minutes ago, my first successful render completed. Nothing as good as what has been in the thread, but, I got it done! I put The AntFarm's Rock Golem in there. 

I agree with everyone else in the thread, this is an amazing set for Daz Studio.

Mary

Visitor to the Woods.jpg
    2000 x 1236 - 2M
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,129

Denver went into stay at home last week, parking lot at the apartment full. This week, the state went fully into stay at home. Mountains dangerous for those with weak lungs, in addition to limited medical resources before this started. 

I found something to do that I had not attempted before, HowieFarkes UltraScenery - Realistic Landscape System. Lots of homework today, but a few minutes ago, my first successful render completed. Nothing as good as what has been in the thread, but, I got it done! I put The AntFarm's Rock Golem in there. 

I agree with everyone else in the thread, this is an amazing set for Daz Studio.

Mary

Mary, that is lovely. I'm glad you posted in the other thread, too.

This discussion has been closed.