UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,154
    L'Adair said:
    barbult said:

One little thing that is frustrating me is that if I uncheck all the layers in the Build tab (because I only want to quickly build the terrain to see if I am happy with it), the next time I run UltraScenery script on the same scenery, instead of remembering that I unchecked all of the layers, it CHECKS all of the layers. Then I have to go through and uncheck each one again. It correctly remembers if I have only some layers checked, so why doesn't it remember that I have none of the layers checked? Could this be improved in a future update, so it remembers about no layers being checked?

Or at least have a quick and easy way to check/uncheck all…

That would be very useful.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139

Today's entertainments (for me) - I'm still really loving this product!

USC-Woods-and-Wildflowers.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 662K
    USC-Autumn-Evening.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 400K
  • 41cessna41cessna Posts: 22

MelanieL, they look great

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153
    Sevrin said:

I started a thread in The Commons about HDRIs, and here's an example of my first try making one with an Ultrascenery set.  It's not great.  I just wanted something that would generate fairly quickly with a few trees.

Did you render it out to EXR to retain the dynamic range?

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 584
    barbult said:

One little thing that is frustrating me is that if I uncheck all the layers in the Build tab (because I only want to quickly build the terrain to see if I am happy with it), the next time I run UltraScenery script on the same scenery, instead of remembering that I unchecked all of the layers, it CHECKS all of the layers. Then I have to go through and uncheck each one again. It correctly remembers if I have only some layers checked, so why doesn't it remember that I have none of the layers checked? Could this be improved in a future update, so it remembers about no layers being checked?

Yeah, that's something on my todo list. 

barbult said:

Yeah, that's something on my todo list. 

Great! That will be a nice update.

edited April 2020
    MelanieL said:

They look nice, MelanieL. I too spend endless hours playing with it. Here are a few of my latest renders.

Kayaking in Gator Country

Aspen Island

In the Autumn Forest

Kayaking in Gator Country.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 3M
    Grassland Island.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    In the Autumn Woodland.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    Doc Acme said:
    Sevrin said:

I started a thread in The Commons about HDRIs, and here's an example of my first try making one with an Ultrascenery set.  It's not great.  I just wanted something that would generate fairly quickly with a few trees.

Did you render it out to EXR to retain the dynamic range?

Yes.  Otherwise it wouldn't be an HDRI.

• barbult said:
    MelanieL said:

They look nice, MelanieL. I too spend endless hours playing with it. Here are a few of my latest renders.

Aspen Island

In the Autumn Forest

I like the island! How did you do that?

41cessna said:

Thank you.

barbult said:
    MelanieL said:

Aspen Island

In the Autumn Forest

Thank you. I love your three, especially the island. (Not sure I'd want to be in that kayak though)

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,062
    edited April 2020
    MelanieL said:
    41cessna said:

Thank you.

barbult said:
    MelanieL said:

Aspen Island

In the Autumn Forest

Thank you. I love your three, especially the island. (Not sure I'd want to be in that kayak though)

Especially as Gators/crocs can jump up to 10ft out of the water.

Post edited by richardandtracy on
    barbult said:
    MelanieL said:

Aspen Island

In the Autumn Forest

To create the island, I edited a copy of one of the existing Features folders. I made heightmap textures, similar to the textures supplied for the river, except I just made a ring instead of a wiggly line. I edited the JSON of the copied feature to reference the new heightmap textures.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153
    barbult said:

To create the island, I edited a copy of one of the existing Features folders. I made heightmap textures, similar to the textures supplied for the river, except I just made a ring instead of a wiggly line. I edited the JSON of the copied feature to reference the new heightmap textures.

In other words, he's got WAY too much time on his hands ;)

Ok, & perhaps a bit o' skill too.

Nice work Barult. Good to know that's all accessible & doable w/ a bit of research, but for now I'm going to just bide my time until .1x comes out.  Might not have all those particular features but I can feel 'em coming.

BTW, could use some Pacific Nortwest type flora next outing. Just sayin'.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    barbult said:
    barbult said:
    MelanieL said:

Aspen Island

In the Autumn Forest

Beautiful!! I really need to figure out how to edit those json files. LOL

Laurie

edited April 2020

It finally dawned on me that to create a "real" island I need water all around the perimeter, so I created a new island feature. I basically just inverted the pond heightmap images so the water was outside and the land was inside. Here are a couple renders with a beach HDRI background.

UltraScenery Island 02 Beach HDRIBeach 06 Dome Orientation Y 210_001.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    UltraScenery Island 02 Beach HDRIBeach 06 Dome Orientation Y 210.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Please don't show this to the good Bryce folks, these are stunning!

edited April 2020

A render of a combination of 2 upcoming products - a Harpwood Trail ecology pack and a Tracks and Trails features pack.

harpwood crossing.png
    1000 x 1300 - 4M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308
    edited April 2020

A render of a combination of 2 upcoming products - a Harpwood Trail ecology pack and a Tracks and Trails features pack.

CHA-CHING!  Really looking forward to this too!

Post edited by Chohole on

They look like great additions.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Count me in :)

Laurie

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    barbult said:

It finally dawned on me that to create a "real" island I need water all around the perimeter, so I created a new island feature. I basically just inverted the pond heightmap images so the water was outside and the land was inside. Here are a couple renders with a beach HDRI background.

surprise Awesome!

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Sold!  Can't wait!! *CC says otherwise*

• SBibbSBibb Posts: 596
    Looks great! Loving Ultrascenery thus far. :-D Will we need your Harpwood Trails product to use the add-on packs?
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,153
    SBibb said:
    Will we need your Harpwood Trails product to use the add-on packs?

Or will I be made to feel like a chump for having only recently bought Harpwood Trail?

edited April 2020

SBibb said:
    Looks great! Loving Ultrascenery thus far. :-D Will we need your Harpwood Trails product to use the add-on packs?

The Harpwood ecologies will use and require the Harpwood Trail product to be installed in your content library.

Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

A stunning render. I can't wait to get my hands on this. 

Cheers,

Alex.

Wow! I can see that it's going to get better and better...

• SBibbSBibb Posts: 596

SBibb said:

The Harpwood ecologies will use and require the Harpwood Trail product to be installed in your content library.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll be keeping an eye out for grabbing that in the future. :-)

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,153

Is there any way to use this in conjunction with Terradome, i.e. to create terrain and run the script using that terrain in lieu of a height map?

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    I love this product. But I noticed one thing: my scenes with UltraScenery crash very often. Sometimes the scene won't render at all and it crashes. If I set memory handling in the render settings to speed it will crash whatever I do. Now I have a scene which I have set up perfectly and have saved it and DAZ crashes whenever I try to load it. All other scenes load fine, only this one will crash. Sometimes if I restart my computer it will reload.

This product is amazingly complex and therefore, it slows down everything which is fine. It renders amazingly fast though. But all the crashes have caused a lot of frustration for me to work with it. What an I doing wrong?

This discussion has been closed.