texture from camera

laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello!!! do you think there is a way to get a texture projection, as seen from camera?... I mean, like in cine4d, you can project the texture on the object exactly in the view- perspective of the camera... as soon as you move later the camera, it's not good, but if the camera stays in place, the trexture is very accurate...

Comments

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

celmar said:
    Hello!!! do you think there is a way to get a texture projection, as seen from camera?... I mean, like in cine4d, you can project the texture on the object exactly in the view- perspective of the camera... as soon as you move later the camera, it's not good, but if the camera stays in place, the trexture is very accurate...

You need the plugin SHADER OPS 2 at DCG
    http://www.digitalcarversguild.com/plugin.php?ProductId=20
  • laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

well, holywetcircuit, I own this plug, but know it very few... It seems to me that you can project a texture in the "view" of the camera, but I want to uv map from that view... in other words: uv map from the camera view, then export that map to photoshop, then paint, then re import in carrara... I think that with the plug in, I'm "blind", just projecting a picture on the geometry, like on a screen...

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited February 2014

celmar said:
    well, holywetcircuit, I own this plug, but know it very few... It seems to me that you can project a texture in the "view" of the camera, but I want to uv map from that view... in other words: uv map from the camera view, then export that map to photoshop, then paint, then re import in carrara... I think that with the plug in, I'm "blind", just projecting a picture on the geometry, like on a screen...

To export the map you will need BAKER from Inagoni.com
    http://www.inagoni.com/e107_plugins/sgallery/gallery.php?view.4.1

I did not bother to line anything up, but I am able to export the Camera Mapping succesfully:

Screen_Shot_2014-02-14_at_10.59_.20_AM_.png
    924 x 698 - 147K
    cubediffuse.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 57K
    Post edited by wetcircuit on