FLUIDOS II for Daz Studio - update 2.2 [commercial]

Comments

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,587

Heads up with the stock up coupon and and the march madness sale fluidos II is 75% off !!!!

• johranshadijohranshadi Posts: 134

Anyone has an idea why after deleting the old version, Microsoft Visual C ++ still says: "another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this product cannot continue."? Is this something easy to fix or should I open a ticket? Thanks

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382

Anyone has an idea why after deleting the old version, Microsoft Visual C ++ still says: "another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this product cannot continue."? Is this something easy to fix or should I open a ticket? Thank

Don't worry. Only the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 won't be installed because it is already installed in your computer. Despite this message, the plugin itself should be installed. Otherwise, let me know, please.

Thanks, Alberto. I tried running the pre-made scenes but nothing happens, even when I run the simulation. Fluidos seem to be well installed and the serial number is registered. I'm sure I'm missing something. 

Thanks, Alberto. I tried running the pre-made scenes but nothing happens, even when I run the simulation. Fluidos seem to be well installed and the serial number is registered. I'm sure I'm missing something. 

Hi!

Did you enabled the mesher after running the simulation? Otherwise, the plugin won't show the results.

Is the mesher's preview property enabled (it's better to disable it)?

That was it, thanks! All is good now. I also just found the MP4 tutorials. Thanks a lot, Alberto and keep up the great work 

That was it, thanks! All is good now. I also just found the MP4 tutorials. Thanks a lot, Alberto and keep up the great work 

You're welcome!

• Learning3DLearning3D Posts: 90
    edited March 2020

Hey Alvin, where can I get various shaders for fire, fluids etc.? Didn't find much in the daz store :/

I looked through many products from the "shaders" categories, but did mostly only find metal/cloth shaders sadly

Post edited by Learning3D on

Hey Alvin, where can I get various shaders for fire, fluids etc.? Didn't find much in the daz store :/

I looked through many products from the "shaders" categories, but did mostly only find metal/cloth shaders sadly

Hi!

For fluids, there are some good products in Daz Store. For example:

https://www.daz3d.com/iray-liquid-shaders
    https://www.daz3d.com/liquid-2-iray-shaders
    https://www.daz3d.com/slime-iray-shaders
    https://www.daz3d.com/easy-liquid-custom-liquid-shader-and-presets-for-iray

They work fine with Fluidos.

Fluidos II includes some specially tailored shaders for Smoke and Volumetric Fire (at Shader Presets/AlvinBemar/Fluidos II)

There are more limited options for third party smoke shaders. This product https://www.daz3d.com/oso-master-shader1-for-iray and this freebie https://sharecg.com/v/83593/gallery/7/Material-and-Shader/Will-Timmins-Procedural-Shaders could be useful for some smoke simulations. 

Finally, Volumetric Fire simulations need very special shaders because the temperature of the particles or regions in space is a key element in the shading. Thus, there're not suitable third party shaders. However. you can alter the fire shaders, especially the texture maps, the ColorTmaps in "Runtime/Textures/Alvin Bemar/Fluidos II" to get special fire colors, for example, green, blue, etc.

• Learning3DLearning3D Posts: 90
    edited April 2020

Thanks a lot for addressing my previous question. These shaders work like a charm!

-> Hey alvin what would be your workflow if you had a 2500 frame animation and you only need the fluid simulation between frame 2300 - 2500.

When I start "run simulation" it starts from frame 0. Thanks for answering.

Post edited by Learning3D on

Thanks a lot for addressing my previous question. These shaders work like a charm!

-> Hey alvin what would be your workflow if you had a 2500 frame animation and you only need the fluid simulation between frame 2300 - 2500.

When I start "run simulation" it starts from frame 0. Thanks for answering.

You could isolate the animation between frames 2300-2500 in a new scene and run the simulation as always. I strongly suggest to render using image series render type.

I you want to render the animation in one step using movie render type, then, after the previous simulation step, go back to your original scene, set the mesher completion to 0 % at 2300 frame and 100 % at 2500 frame. As the mesher must be enabled during all rendering, you should move away from camera view for the first 2300 frames.

You're welcome.

• I would not have thought about this workflow myself. Will test it today. Thanks a lot for answering :)

• lorddayradonlorddayradon Posts: 397
    edited April 2020

What is the compatibility if I have Fluidos I and buy Fluidos II?  Can I still use #1 if I choose after I purchase #2?  Or does it completely replace #1 or do I need to remove #1 before I install #2.

I suppose I also should have asked, what is the smallest diameter that the particles will flow through? Assuming we are using RL measurments.

Post edited by lorddayradon on

What is the compatibility if I have Fluidos I and buy Fluidos II?  Can I still use #1 if I choose after I purchase #2?  Or does it completely replace #1 or do I need to remove #1 before I install #2.

You need to remove Fluidos I before installing Fluidos II. Only the plugin, you could keep the content in the library.

You don't need Fluidos I because Fluidos II can work in a Fluidos I mode, if you wish so.

I suppose I also should have asked, what is the smallest diameter that the particles will flow through? Assuming we are using RL measurments.

It's the Cell size value.

• zhg249zhg249 Posts: 0

Is import or load vdb from other program available now? I'd like to use my own vdb files come from Houdini.

• Hi, everybody,

This is my first message around here, so first of all I would like to greet all this great community, it has been very useful for me to solve some doubts but right now I have an important one with Fluidos II and I haven't found the solution yet, I hope you can help me :-D

I have Fluidos II with its last update (great job Alberto! it's a delight to be able to do only remesh with the changes of some parameters); I also have the Companion add-on.

It is a "complex" program with many parameters, but without a doubt very useful and allows to do great things... I have succeeded in simulating tears, or in using the "waterplanes" preset to simulate a pool with people in it, and the result is really good...

...But I'm having problems simulating a small jet that shoots and impacts an object; but the problem isn't in its creation, I can control without problems the size of the jet, its shape (using filters, marker particles, subdivision, etc), its direction and speed, and even I don't have problems with the impact on the object (I can make it stay retained or bouncing off)... I've really tried all kinds of things, and my big headache right now is that I don't get the relationship between "Frames" in Fluids, "FPS" in Fluids, and where to mark 100% on the Mesher.

Well, I think I understand that, but the result I'm getting isn't the desired one. First I did several tests on my own, then I checked this post (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/220631/fluidos-plugin-for-carrara-version-1-3-update/p13), I know it's for Carrara but I guess the same principle applies.

Here's my problem, and I apologize for the length of the explanation: The jet I get doesn't see any advance in every frame of Daz's timeline, it just changes (advances) every 10 frames

That has happened to me on several occasions, sometimes it advances every 4 frames, others every 8, 10 or 12, but what I would like is for it to look fluid and for each frame to advance a little more.

I leave here the configuration that I currently use, although the current problem (advance every 10 frames) happens whatever changes, lol

NOTE: If I don't specify the parameter here it's because the default value is used

FLUIDOS DOMAIN

Number of animation frames: 120

FPS in Daz: 30 (default)

Number of frames in Fluidos II: 120

FPS in Fluidos II: 30 (default)

Cell size: 0.25

Size X: 54.71

Size Y: 30.86

Size Z: 21.80

Enable moving obstacles: ON

Viscosity: Currently OFF, but I've also tried with values like 0.15, 0.5, 2, 7, ...)

Enable OpenCL: On

Engine: Fluidos II   /  Meshing Type: Better

Filter 1: Gaussian, nº iterations: 1

FLUIDOS SOURCE/SINK

Cuboid 0.4/0.4/0.4

Velocity Y: 200 (others at 0)

Enabled from frame 0 to frame 8 (Force constant Active keys: On)

FLUIDOS MESHER

Mesher starts at frame 0 and finish at frame 120

The last tests, after reading the above mentioned post, have been to vary the number of frames and FPS in Fluids; I have tried to put 240 frames at 60 FPS, or even higher numbers to try to make it more fluid, like increasing the number of frames to 480 and the FPS to 120... but the result is not as expected either.

Another doubt I have is if the number of frames in Fluids should be the same as the number of frames used for the animation (taking into account that both Daz and Fluids have 30FPS)

If I put the same frame number what happens is that the jet goes out and goes to the target, but when it reaches the 120 frame of the animation it has not given time to impact.
    The truth is that what I usually do to give it time is the following:

The animation has 120 frames
    In Fluids I set the frame number to 30
    In Fluids and Daz the FPS are at 30
    The Mesher starts at frame 0 and ends at 120

In this way, the jet makes the desired route and has time to hit the object and move on top of it for a while.

It's a great plugin, but I've spent countless hours testing it and I'm about to give up, lol

I hope that with your help I can solve these doubts and problems that I have.

Thanks in advance!

• zhg249zhg249 Posts: 0

So I've tried the union of vdb, I just can't figure it out how exactly does it work.

For example I have the vdb files exported from Houdini, what can I do with the power of Fluidos II to make use of the vdb files and make it looks close to what I've done in Houdini?

Houdini Pyro.PNG
    1336 x 870 - 643K
  • LordGeneralLordGeneral Posts: 106

As I understand it. This plugin is multithreaded. How does it scale with number of cores. Is it linear scaling? So 16 will double the performance of 8 cores which in turn will double the performance of 4 cores etctec

Hi, everybody,

This is my first message around here, so first of all I would like to greet all this great community, it has been very useful for me to solve some doubts but right now I have an important one with Fluidos II and I haven't found the solution yet, I hope you can help me :-D

I have Fluidos II with its last update (great job Alberto! it's a delight to be able to do only remesh with the changes of some parameters); I also have the Companion add-on.

It is a "complex" program with many parameters, but without a doubt very useful and allows to do great things... I have succeeded in simulating tears, or in using the "waterplanes" preset to simulate a pool with people in it, and the result is really good...

...But I'm having problems simulating a small jet that shoots and impacts an object; but the problem isn't in its creation, I can control without problems the size of the jet, its shape (using filters, marker particles, subdivision, etc), its direction and speed, and even I don't have problems with the impact on the object (I can make it stay retained or bouncing off)... I've really tried all kinds of things, and my big headache right now is that I don't get the relationship between "Frames" in Fluids, "FPS" in Fluids, and where to mark 100% on the Mesher.

Well, I think I understand that, but the result I'm getting isn't the desired one. First I did several tests on my own, then I checked this post (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/220631/fluidos-plugin-for-carrara-version-1-3-update/p13), I know it's for Carrara but I guess the same principle applies.

Here's my problem, and I apologize for the length of the explanation: The jet I get doesn't see any advance in every frame of Daz's timeline, it just changes (advances) every 10 frames

That has happened to me on several occasions, sometimes it advances every 4 frames, others every 8, 10 or 12, but what I would like is for it to look fluid and for each frame to advance a little more.

I leave here the configuration that I currently use, although the current problem (advance every 10 frames) happens whatever changes, lol

NOTE: If I don't specify the parameter here it's because the default value is used

FLUIDOS DOMAIN

Viscosity: Currently OFF, but I've also tried with values like 0.15, 0.5, 2, 7, ...)

FLUIDOS SOURCE/SINK

Cuboid 0.4/0.4/0.4

FLUIDOS MESHER

The last tests, after reading the above mentioned post, have been to vary the number of frames and FPS in Fluids; I have tried to put 240 frames at 60 FPS, or even higher numbers to try to make it more fluid, like increasing the number of frames to 480 and the FPS to 120... but the result is not as expected either.

Another doubt I have is if the number of frames in Fluids should be the same as the number of frames used for the animation (taking into account that both Daz and Fluids have 30FPS)

If I put the same frame number what happens is that the jet goes out and goes to the target, but when it reaches the 120 frame of the animation it has not given time to impact.

In this way, the jet makes the desired route and has time to hit the object and move on top of it for a while.

It's a great plugin, but I've spent countless hours testing it and I'm about to give up, lol

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

Check first if the Preview and the Force Linear interpolation properties of the Mesher are in OFF state.

The default interpolation of tweeners in Daz Studio is TCB. As the rate of change in TBC is not linear, some simulated frames are skipped and others are more time in the animation.  The Force Linear interpolation fixes this, but should be in ON state before creating the keyframes in the timeline.

On the other hand, Preview shows only low resolution results. 

If the problem persists, let me know, please.

No, you can choose different values for Daz Studio FPS and Fluidos Domain's Frames per second properties.

Daz Studio FPS controls the frames per second the Mesher shows during an animation.
    Instead, the Fluidos domain property controls the resolution of the simulation in time; the more frames per second, the more smooth the changes. But you can use any rate you want in your animation (e.g. to get slow motion or fast forward).

zhg249 said:

So I've tried the union of vdb, I just can't figure it out how exactly does it work.

For example I have the vdb files exported from Houdini, what can I do with the power of Fluidos II to make use of the vdb files and make it looks close to what I've done in Houdini?

Try this:

Copy the vdb sequence to a "bakefiles" subfolder of any working folder for the simulation (For example, "Simulation/bakefiles/"). Then create a Fluidos Domain  and a Mesher and point both to the working folder ("Simulation" in the example). Select the Domain and run the simulation choosing Only remesh option. Choose VDB files when the plugin ask for the sources. For more details, read the Only remesh section at page 5 in the 64599_Update v2.1- What's new​.pdf document (this is inside the ReadMe's folder of your library).

The results will depend on the actual data in the VDB files, but Fluidos II will try to convert them.

Let me know any problem, please.

As I understand it. This plugin is multithreaded. How does it scale with number of cores. Is it linear scaling? So 16 will double the performance of 8 cores which in turn will double the performance of 4 cores etctec

Certainly, 16 cores will outperform 8 cores, but they won't exactly double the performance.

Alberto said:

Certainly, 16 cores will outperform 8 cores, but they won't exactly double the performance.

Thanks for the response Alberto. Is it possible to quantify the scaling then? Maybe use a simple standardized scene with different core configurations so we can get a genearl idea how the performance will scale with number of cores.

Alberto said:

Thanks for the response Alberto. Is it possible to quantify the scaling then? Maybe use a simple standardized scene with different core configurations so we can get a genearl idea how the performance will scale with number of cores.

I disabled cores on the same computer to study the influence of their quantity.  The scene is the "Fluidos II scene - Stabilization example.duf", using 30 stabilization steps.

The OpenCL is disabled to see only the multithreading effect.

Number of cores Time (seconds)

(physical core)

(physical cores)

(physical cores)

(4 physical cores and 4 logical)

Alberto said:
    Alberto said:

I disabled cores on the same computer to study the influence of their quantity.  The scene is the "Fluidos II scene - Stabilization example.duf", using 30 stabilization steps.

The OpenCL is disabled to see only the multithreading effect.

Number of cores Time (seconds)

(physical core)

(physical cores)

(physical cores)

(4 physical cores and 4 logical)

Much obliged Alberto. Even though it's a really small sample size it seems that doubling cores gives roughly 60% more performance.

Hey Alberto sorry for being a bother but could I please get a response to the pm I sent to you

Hey Alberto sorry for being a bother but could I please get a response to the pm I sent to you

Didn't you receive the response?, I answered it the same day.

I will resend just now.

Please, confirm receipt of the PM.

• Hello, i could really need some help on how to make a water yet that doesnt turn into bubbles mid air. I used a source and tried all kinds of parameters but i cant figure out how to get a solid unbroken water jet. any help would be appreciated.

• capitanharlock80capitanharlock80 Posts: 36
    edited August 2020
    Alberto said:

Hi, everybody,

FLUIDOS DOMAIN

FLUIDOS SOURCE/SINK

Cuboid 0.4/0.4/0.4

FLUIDOS MESHER

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

Check first if the Preview and the Force Linear interpolation properties of the Mesher are in OFF state.

The default interpolation of tweeners in Daz Studio is TCB. As the rate of change in TBC is not linear, some simulated frames are skipped and others are more time in the animation.  The Force Linear interpolation fixes this, but should be in ON state before creating the keyframes in the timeline.

On the other hand, Preview shows only low resolution results. 

If the problem persists, let me know, please.

No, you can choose different values for Daz Studio FPS and Fluidos Domain's Frames per second properties.

Daz Studio FPS controls the frames per second the Mesher shows during an animation.
    Instead, the Fluidos domain property controls the resolution of the simulation in time; the more frames per second, the more smooth the changes. But you can use any rate you want in your animation (e.g. to get slow motion or fast forward).

Hi Alberto,

Thank you for your answer and sorry for the delay in answering.

The problem wasn't interpolation between kayframes, I checked that.

I came across the problem in the following way... after getting tired of changing parameters to see what was causing the problem in my scene, what I did was to use one of your scenes; it loaded and simulated perfectly... I wanted something similar to that scene, so I deleted everything related to Fluids from my scene and imported yours. Before making changes to adapt it, I made the simulation, again everything worked perfectly; then I changed small parameters to adapt it to what I wanted, but every change I made, no matter how small, I made the simulation again, this way I could know where my previous problem was reproduced... result (if I am not wrong)... the problem is to use rotations in Fluidos Domain! LOL

To optimize the size of the Domain I rotated it, so I could reduce its dimensions to the part where I wanted to simulate the fluid, but after applying those rotations I had the same problems, the simulation of the fluid was not constant, it moved every 4-5 frames... when I put the Domain back without any rotation, it worked fine.
    Do you think this could be the problem? (Maybe it's in the manual and I haven't seen it... since this discovery I don't apply rotations to the Domain anymore and I haven't had that problem again)

But there's another problem, with the viscosity, lol
    Yesterday I was making new tests, and when I made the simulation it took a lot (I'm talking about minutes in each frame and hours to finish the simulation)... after going crazy again trying several things, I checked the program log, I looked at the times and I saw that in the calculations of the viscosity it was very high... so I deactivated the viscosity and the problem was solved, the simulation now was a matter of a few minutes.

It's funny because if I set the objects where the liquid impacts as a viscosity control, it works well.
    Without a doubt the viscosity gives some problems with the program... when used still leaving "drops" in the air :-/

And one last question I wanted to ask you (sorry for abusing you :-p)

I have created a small jet, like a water gun to understand us; without viscosity, lol... and it works well, but in the close-ups it looks like "jagged", with lack of resolution.

I've tried subdivisions 1, 2 and 3; I've left it at 1 because it's the result that most closely resembles what I'm looking for.

Source Fluid is spherical with a size of 0.5, and the Cell Size is 0.35; Gaussian filter at 1...  How could I get more "quality" in the fluid? By varying Source or Cell sizes, or other parameters?

And a curiosity... in this example you use Fluids II and I see the parameter "Smoothing iterations", but I only see that parameter if I select "Fluids" as the engine, if I change to "Fluids II" it disappears... Is this normal?

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5308921/#Comment_5308921

Thank you very much for your attention!

PS: I have a dichotomy with this program... I like using it, but it gets on my nerves, lol :-p

Hello, i could really need some help on how to make a water yet that doesnt turn into bubbles mid air. I used a source and tried all kinds of parameters but i cant figure out how to get a solid unbroken water jet. any help would be appreciated.

Try this:

Change the "CFL Condition" to 2, or to 1 (NOTE: This can increase simulation time)

Set "Surface adaptability" to 1

Post edited by capitanharlock80 on

Hello, i could really need some help on how to make a water yet that doesnt turn into bubbles mid air. I used a source and tried all kinds of parameters but i cant figure out how to get a solid unbroken water jet. any help would be appreciated.

As CapitanHarlock said. try decreasing the CFL condition number (beware, if you lower too much this property, it could cause very slow simulations). Another thing could be increasing the frames per second.

Hi Alberto,

Thank you for your answer and sorry for the delay in answering.

The problem wasn't interpolation between kayframes, I checked that.

I came across the problem in the following way... after getting tired of changing parameters to see what was causing the problem in my scene, what I did was to use one of your scenes; it loaded and simulated perfectly... I wanted something similar to that scene, so I deleted everything related to Fluids from my scene and imported yours. Before making changes to adapt it, I made the simulation, again everything worked perfectly; then I changed small parameters to adapt it to what I wanted, but every change I made, no matter how small, I made the simulation again, this way I could know where my previous problem was reproduced... result (if I am not wrong)... the problem is to use rotations in Fluidos Domain! LOL

To optimize the size of the Domain I rotated it, so I could reduce its dimensions to the part where I wanted to simulate the fluid, but after applying those rotations I had the same problems, the simulation of the fluid was not constant, it moved every 4-5 frames... when I put the Domain back without any rotation, it worked fine.
    Do you think this could be the problem? (Maybe it's in the manual and I haven't seen it... since this discovery I don't apply rotations to the Domain anymore and I haven't had that problem again)

Was that an animated rotation or a static one?

But there's another problem, with the viscosity, lol
    Yesterday I was making new tests, and when I made the simulation it took a lot (I'm talking about minutes in each frame and hours to finish the simulation)... after going crazy again trying several things, I checked the program log, I looked at the times and I saw that in the calculations of the viscosity it was very high... so I deactivated the viscosity and the problem was solved, the simulation now was a matter of a few minutes.

It's funny because if I set the objects where the liquid impacts as a viscosity control, it works well.
    Without a doubt the viscosity gives some problems with the program... when used still leaving "drops" in the air :-/

Could you show me your settings, or, if it's possible, upload a scene where the viscosity still leaves drops in the air or slow down to much the simulation, please?

And one last question I wanted to ask you (sorry for abusing you :-p)

I have created a small jet, like a water gun to understand us; without viscosity, lol... and it works well, but in the close-ups it looks like "jagged", with lack of resolution.

I've tried subdivisions 1, 2 and 3; I've left it at 1 because it's the result that most closely resembles what I'm looking for.

Source Fluid is spherical with a size of 0.5, and the Cell Size is 0.35; Gaussian filter at 1...  How could I get more "quality" in the fluid? By varying Source or Cell sizes, or other parameters?

Don't worry, ask all you want to know about Fluidos.

Use the filters, increase the iteratios of the gaussian filter, for example, to 2. These ones are implemented precisely to increase the quality. You can also use the filters settings in the provided example "Fluidos II filters example".

And a curiosity... in this example you use Fluids II and I see the parameter "Smoothing iterations", but I only see that parameter if I select "Fluids" as the engine, if I change to "Fluids II" it disappears... Is this normal?

Yes, this property is only for the old Fluidos engine. The new engine has the more powerful OpenVDB filters instead.

You're welcome!