FLUIDOS II for Daz Studio - update 2.2 [commercial]

Comments

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382
    Artini said:

Wow, these clouds looks really cool. Will have to try to make them myself.

This is one of the wonders of the OpenVDB tools:

https://www.openvdb.org/about/

There is an update for macOS users only.

It fixes a problem that prevented to load the engine: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5135811/#Comment_5135811

• iSeeThisiSeeThis Posts: 552

I'm not so sure I'm alone or not. I can't install Fluidos II for mac (can do on Windows). Can anyone suggest what I should do?

Screen Shot 2563-01-01 at 12.22.13.png
    622 x 266 - 41K
  • Hello. In this version with viscosity enabled, do drops get stuck in the air?
    If not, I would buy it, but not for $ 120 of course.
    How about a new year's discount?

iSeeThis said:

I'm not so sure I'm alone or not. I can't install Fluidos II for mac (can do on Windows). Can anyone suggest what I should do?

What the DIM log file says (Configuration settigs - Show Log)?

Try to delete the downloaded files (by using Delete package from right click menu in DIM), download again and try to install.

timon630 said:

Hello. In this version with viscosity enabled, do drops get stuck in the air?

No, it doesn't happens in Fluidos II. 

timon630 said:

Well, I don't have control on the discounts (it's a DAZ Marketing thing). And, as long as the state of the product is "New", they won't put a discount on it. 

Alberto said:
    iSeeThis said:

Try to delete the downloaded files (by using Delete package from right click menu in DIM), download again and try to install.

thanks for the question. The below is what I've got.

I'm not so sure whether it helps. I also attach the whole log file for you.

Installing product : FLUIDOS II for DAZ Studio (Mac 64-bit)
    Product installation failed : FLUIDOS II for DAZ Studio (Mac 64-bit)
    Install Queue finished in 0 min 5.7 sec.
    Saving Account Settings: Account
    WARNING: QObject::connect: Cannot queue arguments of type 'QAbstractSocket::SocketState'
    (Make sure 'QAbstractSocket::SocketState' is registered using qRegisterMetaType().)

Install Queue finished in 0 min 4.7 sec.
    WARNING: Could not set permissions on file: D:/DAZ/Installation/InstallManagerFileRegister.json

txt
    txt
    log copy.txt
    edited January 2020
    timon630 said:

Hello. In this version with viscosity enabled, do drops get stuck in the air?

Oh!, It happens to be on sale! (60%, using the current Flash sale code).

Not valid anymore! sad

Post edited by Alberto on
  • @Alberto

I just picked it up with the flash sale as suggested.  I am running sims just fine, except, its not using either of my GPU's.  Off the top of your head, any common reasons for that?  Thanks much!

-G

Gazukull said:

@Alberto

I just picked it up with the flash sale as suggested.  I am running sims just fine, except, its not using either of my GPU's.  Off the top of your head, any common reasons for that?  Thanks much!

-G

It only uses one GPU at a time. And it doesn't uses it intensively. It uses more the CPU threads.

• Alberto said:
    Gazukull said:

@Alberto

-G

It only uses one GPU at a time. And it doesn't uses it intensively. It uses more the CPU threads.

Ok!  That probably explains it!  Thanks :D

• Больше не действует! печальный

Damn, I just saw it now, so I'll be waiting for the next sale(((

iSeeThis said:

Alberto said:
    iSeeThis said:

thanks for the question. The below is what I've got.

I'm not so sure whether it helps. I also attach the whole log file for you.

Install Queue finished in 0 min 5.7 sec.
    Saving Account Settings: Account
    WARNING: QObject::connect: Cannot queue arguments of type 'QAbstractSocket::SocketState'
    (Make sure 'QAbstractSocket::SocketState' is registered using qRegisterMetaType().)

Install Queue finished in 0 min 4.7 sec.
    WARNING: Could not set permissions on file: D:/DAZ/Installation/InstallManagerFileRegister.json

I couldn't reproduce the problem, and the log, in fact, says nothing.

Did you try to delete the downloaded files (by using Delete package from right click menu in DIM)?

If you wish, you could install manually the plugin:

1. Extract the contents of IM00064599-04_FLUIDOSIIforDAZStudioMac64bit.zip
    2. Inside the folder "DAZ Studio_4.5;4.x Public Build;4.x Private Build/plugins" there is a subfolder "ABFluidos". Copy this folder to your Applications "Daz3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/plugins" folder.
    3. Inside the folder "DAZ Studio_4.5;4.x Public Build;4.x Private Build_(64-Bit)/libs" there is a subfolder "FluidosII". Copy this folder to your Applications "Daz3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/libs" folder.
    4. Inside the folder "DAZ Studio_4.5;4.x Public Build;4.x Private Build_(64-Bit)/plugins" there is a "libabFluidosII.dylib" file. Copy this file your Applications "Daz3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/plugins" folder.

Next, just activate the plugin with the serial number.

Alberto said:
    iSeeThis said:

2. Inside the folder "DAZ Studio_4.5;4.x Public Build;4.x Private Build/plugins" there is a subfolder "ABFluidos". Copy this folder to your Applications "Daz3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/plugins" folder.
    3. Inside the folder "DAZ Studio_4.5;4.x Public Build;4.x Private Build_(64-Bit)/libs" there is a subfolder "FluidosII". Copy this folder to your Applications "Daz3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/libs" folder.
    4. Inside the folder "DAZ Studio_4.5;4.x Public Build;4.x Private Build_(64-Bit)/plugins" there is a "libabFluidosII.dylib" file. Copy this file your Applications "Daz3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/plugins" folder.

I can't find those folders (daz studio public build). I've tried to installed manually but the result is the same. Please the attachment.

Screen Shot 2563-01-13 at 11.02.43.png
    1264 x 1574 - 428K
    iSeeThis said:
    Alberto said:
    iSeeThis said:

I can't find those folders (daz studio public build). I've tried to installed manually but the result is the same. Please the attachment.

The input folders should be inside the IM00064599-04_FLUIDOSIIforDAZStudioMac64bit.zip file downloaded by DIM. The ouput folders should be in your Applications folder where the Daz Studio was installed.

Could you show me the contents of your Applications/Daz Studio 4 64-bit folder?, and the content of the extracted IM00064599-04_FLUIDOSIIforDAZStudioMac64bit.zip file, please?

Thank you! Feel so good that you're always here for every single customer. Here are what you request. I'm not so sure it's all you want to see. Please request specifically and I will show you everything.

Screen Shot 2563-01-14 at 15.16.56.png
    780 x 363 - 104K
    Screen Shot 2563-01-14 at 15.21.00.png
    692 x 336 - 87K
    iSeeThis said:

Thank you! Feel so good that you're always here for every single customer. Here are what you request. I'm not so sure it's all you want to see. Please request specifically and I will show you everything.

You're welcome. I'm glad to help!

OK. 

From your first screenshot, these are the folders (libs and plugins) where you should paste the files and folder from DIM downloads

If you don't know where is the plugin package downloaded by the DIM, open the Daz Installer Manager, and click Settings:

You'll see the proper folder here:

Go to the proper folder and look for the "IM00064599-04_FLUIDOSIIforDAZStudioMac64bit.zip" file

Extract the file. You'll see the following: 

Inside the first folder ("DAZ Studio_4.5;4.x Public Build;4.x Private Build") there is a "plugins" subfolder. It contains the "ABFluidos" subfolder. Copy "ABFluidos" and its contents to your Applications "Daz3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/plugins" folder (see the first image in this post)

Next, inside the second folder ("DAZ Studio_4.5;4.x Public Build;4.x Private Build_(64-Bit)") there is a "libs" subfolder. It contains the "FluidosII" subfolder. Copy "FluidosII" and its contents to your Applications "Daz3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/libs" folder (see the first image in this post)

Inside the same second folder ("DAZ Studio_4.5;4.x Public Build;4.x Private Build_(64-Bit)") you can see another "plugins" subfolder. It contains the "libabFluidosII.dylib" file. Copy "libabFluidosII.dylib" to your Applications "Daz3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/plugins" folder (see first image in this post)

If you already have the "FluidosII" folder inside your Applications "Daz3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/libs" (see the first image of this post), you can safely replace it with the extracted one. Likewise, if you already have the "ABFluidos" folder or the "libabFluidosII.dylib" file inside your Applications "Daz3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/plugins" folder, you can replace them.

Then only remains to activate the plugin with the serial number, as usual with plugins.

• Hello,

I just bought Fluidos II. I also own the first version.  When I registered it in Daz Studio, the first version's serial number was unregistered.  If I register the first version, the second gets unregistered.

Does this mean that they can't co-exist on the same system?  If so, will Fluidos II be able to use content created in the first version?

Thanks.

-Paul

• Hello,

I just bought Fluidos II. I also own the first version.  When I registered it in Daz Studio, the first version's serial number was unregistered.  If I register the first version, the second gets unregistered.

Does this mean that they can't co-exist on the same system?  If so, will Fluidos II be able to use content created in the first version?

Thanks.

-Paul

Yes, as I recall you can have only one version installed at a time.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

Yes, it will use all the previous setups, FluidosII has both engines. Just set the right one in the parameter and it will works exactly like the "old" plugin. wink

• Ok. Thank you everyone for the information. :-)

• Hi. I was still able to take fluidos 2 at a discount. 
    Please tell me. How do I create such threads? A thin thread and a drop at the bottom. What settings can I do this with?

timon630 said:

Hi. I was still able to take fluidos 2 at a discount. 
    Please tell me. How do I create such threads? A thin thread and a drop at the bottom. What settings can I do this with?

You could do this: Use a small size Source and activate the Viscosity in the Domain. Use a low viscosity value.

• Alberto said:

You could do this: Use a small size Source and activate the Viscosity in the Domain. Use a low viscosity value.

Haha. If it were so easy I wouldn't write here. I know that i can work for a couple of hours with Fluidos Force and achieve the desired result, but I don't want to spend so much time, it's stupid.

Maybe I'm missing something? I need to make a thin thread and a large drop at the end, the maximum I could achieve from Fluidos 2 is this:

Since you know best how settings work, could you show me how to create what I want, if possible.

timon630 said:

Haha. If it were so easy I wouldn't write here. I know that i can work for a couple of hours with Fluidos Force and achieve the desired result, but I don't want to spend so much time, it's stupid.

Well, I'm stupid enough to know how to do it. cheeky

I guess you want a tear,that's pretty small, so you need a small setup.

Use:
    Cell size:0.25
    Filter: Laplacian
    Smoothing Iteration: 8 (add more for a rougher but slimmer stream)
    CFL Condition number: 2.00
    Viscosity: 0.15 (unlock limits)
    PIC/FLIP: 0.80
    Preferred device: CPU (use GPU for a sligthly different result)
    Source: Cubic 0.40 in each XYZ value. Make it smaller or bigger to have less/more fluid.

Add a small closed object (like a sphere) in the point where you want the bigger drop with a Point Force of about 2-5 (make some change until you obtain your desire result).

These setttings should do the trick! Keep the domain as small as possible, these settings are pretty heavy.

Let us know if they worked.

timon630 said:
    Alberto said:

Maybe I'm missing something? I need to make a thin thread and a large drop at the end, the maximum I could achieve from Fluidos 2 is this:

Since you know best how settings work, could you show me how to create what I want, if possible.

I suggest these settings:

Domain Source

You should get something like this: 

The .duf file of scene is attached.

However, I strongly recommend to try Fluidos Forces. They're worth the effort and time. This is a very powerful feature as forces can give the user a tremendous artistic control on the simulation.

Source settings.png
    423 x 279 - 29K
    Domain settings.png
    423 x 511 - 45K
    Drop.png
    500 x 650 - 23K
    duf
    duf
    viscosity-drop.duf
    Imago said:
    timon630 said:

Well, I'm stupid enough to know how to do it. cheeky

I guess you want a tear,that's pretty small, so you need a small setup.

Use:
    Cell size:0.25
    Filter: Laplacian
    Smoothing Iteration: 8 (add more for a rougher but slimmer stream)
    CFL Condition number: 2.00
    Viscosity: 0.15 (unlock limits)
    PIC/FLIP: 0.80
    Preferred device: CPU (use GPU for a sligthly different result)
    Source: Cubic 0.40 in each XYZ value. Make it smaller or bigger to have less/more fluid.

Add a small closed object (like a sphere) in the point where you want the bigger drop with a Point Force of about 2-5 (make some change until you obtain your desire result).

These setttings should do the trick! Keep the domain as small as possible, these settings are pretty heavy.

Let us know if they worked.

Thank you for sharing this, Imago!

• Okay. Thank you all for the answers)

timon630 said:

Okay. Thank you all for the answers)

Let us know how they work.  

Alberto said:

Thank you for sharing this, Imago!

Always glad to be helpful! smiley

edited March 2020

The v2.1 update of Fluidos II is coming soon (it's a free update).

New features:

• Up to seven stacked OpenVDB filters can be applied to a simulation.
    • Two new OpenVDB filters: Dilate and Erode (these are very fast)
    • Remeshing only option: now, the user can change the filters without recalculating the whole simulation.
    • Union of VDB files: the vdb files of different simulations can be mixed in one vdb file. This way, the remeshing will yield a seamless union of meshes.

Examples:

1. Stacked filters

Only a Gaussian filter (1 iteration)  A Gaussian filter (1 iteration) and then a Erode filter (20 iterations)

2. Union of .vdb files

Here are two independent simulations

Here are the overlapped meshers. They were resized and translated from their original position.

Here, only one mesher, after the union of .vdb files from the above simulations:

The final resolution of the union is taken from the simulation of higher resolution.

Post edited by Alberto on