I cant reinstall 4.10

frekrekrefrekrekre Posts: 0

Hey guys. So i wanted to test out 4.11 and didnt work well for me. how i can remove 4.11 from my idm and get 4.10 back please.

Post edited by frekrekre on

Comments

• Unless you backed up the old installer I'm afraid you can't - that's why it's a good diea to use a different release channel (General Release vs Public Build) for trying a new version out. What issues are you having with 4.11.0.383 - they may well be resolvable, as long as it isn't driver availability for old hardware.

• frekrekrefrekrekre Posts: 0

yeah its coz old hardware. iray do not work now and no new drivers available. on 4.10 everything was fine. so whats my options now? to download 4.10 fron different sources or mb just to create new account only for daz 4.10?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Please note that the only way you can sort this out is the get in touch with Daz 3d. 

Daz 3d is the only place where you can legally get a copy of an older version of Daz Studio

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2019
    davegv said:
    Chohole said:

Please note that the only way you can sort this out is the get in touch with Daz 3d. 

Daz 3d is the only place where you can legally get a copy of an older version of Daz Studio

It is not free software.   Daz Studio is owned by Daz 3d, and is released to it's customers at 100% discount.   Anyone else distributing is doing it illegally and Daz 3d will take steps to correct the situation.

Edited to add   that also on Pirate and Warez sites you have a a very large chance of downloading more than you bargained for.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • frekrekrefrekrekre Posts: 0

iv sent a ticket and hoping for the best :) but if support couldnt help me do u think making new account just for 4.10 is viable option?

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Making a new account isn't going to help you. Whenever a new general release of DAZ Studio is made available, it replaces the previous release in everyone's available downloads - the old version is gone and not available unless you made a backup of the installer yourself.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited June 2019

That's what the Betas are for. 

frekrekre said:

Hey guys. So i wanted to test out 4.11 and didnt work well for me. how i can remove 4.11 from my idm and get 4.10 back please.

Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • WojtkoWojtko Posts: 80

I have exactly the same problem. I put a billiet in the support..but this one does not answer.
    Back to version 4.10 would be perfect.

If anyone has the solution .. do not hesitate

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    patwojtko said:

I have exactly the same problem. I put a billiet in the support..but this one does not answer.
    Back to version 4.10 would be perfect.

If anyone has the solution .. do not hesitate

I wish I could help, I have copies of the full installer packages for every version back to 4.7.
    With backup copies.
    I also have spent too much on content to risk a court order forcing me to delete all of it.
    I don't understand the reason for this policy, and despise it, but the owner makes the rules.
    I'm kind of surprised that DAZ allows us to keep using older versions at all.