Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.11.0.383! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932
    edited May 2019

This is really fantastic. Thank you so much for your and your team's hard work, Rob!!! We've been clamoring for this for so long, and you guys and girls are delivering in spades.

Just so I don't get my hopes to high... Are we able to convert existing hair to dforce hair in a similar manner to how we can convert non-dforce clothing?

Not at present.

Would it have the same success rate as converting clothes to dForce?

There's no way to know that since we can't convert existing hair for now apparently....

Post edited by Leana on
  • rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171

Is it normal for an update like this to mess up metadata?  It says things like George 8 is not installed when he is.  I used him in a render in my gallery here of a fat Tobyn.  Also it is not showing the Genesis 8 starter essentials items in smart content.

No. There are no changes in this build that should have caused any new issues with the database (or its constituent parts). If there were any changes in this build that even had the potential to negatively impact the database, they would have been mentioned in the first post of this thread (as has been the case many times in the past).

More often than not these types of issues boil down to misconfiguration, misunderstanding, or miscommunication. Often times you will see Richard (or one of the other moderators, or Customer Support personnel) ask you to provide various screenshots so that they can verify paths and settings. You may have already experienced this yourself.

As we are not across the finish line with development yet, I'll leave this particular issue to the support staff to step in and assist you.

-Rob

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219

Is it normal for an update like this to mess up metadata?  It says things like George 8 is not installed when he is.  I used him in a render in my gallery here of a fat Tobyn.  Also it is not showing the Genesis 8 starter essentials items in smart content.

Have you used them in the beta before? Are they still available in teh release build? How did you install them - DIM or Connect?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

Have you used them in the beta before? Are they still available in teh release build? How did you install them - DIM or Connect?

I thought I used them in the beta, but not sure anymore.  Just remembered I did not use Smart Content to use George 8 but I used the shaping pane to use George 8.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Should loading the G8M Strand Based Hair sample load another instance of G8M? Because on my computer, it is. When I load the hair, it loads another G8M, even tho I have one selected in the scene already.

Laurie

I know this is a really stupid question, but  how does one erase? I've never used Garibaldi.

Laurie

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    edited May 2019
    AllenArt said:

I know this is a really stupid question, but  how does one erase? I've never used Garibaldi.

Laurie

If you are talking about the paintbrush then take the slider down from 100% to 0% or whatever it is at the other end, then paint back over where you've been.

Edited to add that it's not a really stupid question :)

Post edited by BlueIrene on
  • plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,018
    edited May 2019

This looks like an awesome feature and I'm very excited to play with it!

Is anyone else having trouble getting it to show up even when rendering a full image (not the Iray viewport preview but the actual render)? I can use the tool to style it just fine, but the first render I tried finished totally blank within about thirty seconds, and subsequent attempts have successfully rendered G8 but not the hair itself. 

Also when I turn on "Preview PR Hairs" the hair vanishes, even if I'm not previewing in Iray. 

Edit: After some experimenting, it works just fine on torso, arms, and head. The issue is only happening when I try to add hair to the legs. 

Post edited by plasma_ring on
    BlueIrene said:
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

If you are talking about the paintbrush then take the slider down from 100% to 0% or whatever it is at the other end, then paint back over where you've been.

Edited to add that it's not a really stupid question :)

THANK YOU! I was going nuts. LOL

Laurie

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited May 2019

Practical suggestion:  Reset to default option on each page of the editor, for those times you totally screw something up and there aren't enough "undos"

Post edited by nightwolf1982 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

How can we save the strand hairdos we create?

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    barbult said:

Gee, it sure would be a good thing to have that product documentation when DAZ roills out a major new feature, wouldn't it?  Only DAZ... 

Maybe you can save it as a scene or subset? 

• paulbungardpaulbungard Posts: 52
    edited May 2019

OK Daz Beta is not showing up in DIM but all the other Beta stuff is. Is there a way to get it without depending on DIM

Getting this in the DIM logs Product 12000-4:DAZ Studio 4.11 (Mac 64-bit) Public Build +BETA+ has no tags
    Product 12000-3:DAZ Studio 4.11 (Mac 32-bit) Public Build +BETA+ has no tags
    Product 12000-2:DAZ Studio 4.11 (Win 64-bit) Public Build +BETA+ has no tags
    Product 12000-1:DAZ Studio 4.11 (Win 32-bit) Public Build +BETA+ has no tags
    Product 12000-43:Scene Builder for DAZ Studio Public Build +Beta+ has no tags

Post edited by paulbungard on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

This looks like an error: When I load "G8F Strand-Based Hair Mohawk.duf", the hair is listed as "dForce Mohawk Female" in the Scene pane.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    AllenArt said:

Should loading the G8M Strand Based Hair sample load another instance of G8M? Because on my computer, it is. When I load the hair, it loads another G8M, even tho I have one selected in the scene already.

Laurie

It does. It loads the gray dev character from both the dForce & strand based samples.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Is anyone else having trouble getting it to show up even when rendering a full image (not the Iray viewport preview but the actual render)? I can use the tool to style it just fine, but the first render I tried finished totally blank within about thirty seconds, and subsequent attempts have successfully rendered G8 but not the hair itself. 

You are probably rendering in 3DL mode but by default the hair you create is iRay. Make sure you use the 3DL sample and create hair in 3DL mode.

• antaresantares Posts: 26

Hey, thx again for this Update und Information about "strand based hairs"!

Great :-)

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    edited May 2019

Two observations for DAZ about curve selection sets, one of which is a 'needs fixing sooner rather than later' thing, and the other being a 'more than useful if we could have it' thing.

First, if you look at the attached image you will see that I have created a bunch of curve selection sets and have selected the right hand side. Look at the list of sets now available to use and you can just about see it - others beneath it can't be selected using the mouse as there is no scrollbar. This needs fixing.

Secondly, it would be nice if sets could be selected and made invisible so that you can go on to create others knowing that you won't be including hairs that you'd included in the first ones. As far as I can see, there is no other way of telling.

Thanks in advance for putting these things on the 'Let's get it done yesterday' list ;)

SelectionSets.jpg
    800 x 634 - 135K
    Post edited by BlueIrene on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437
    sojak72 said:

Hello,

I do have a problem with the new update... My last, perfect and super smooth running, Public build, it's gone after install with DAZ Install Manager.

I mean, Daz3d  4.11 beta, It's physical on my hard drive but the DAZ Install Manager says otherwise.

Starting the "Studio.exe" out of the folder makes no sense either, just shows a white screen with some menu text all over the place.

Gosh, only 30min ago I worked with the last "Public build" and all was fine...

Is there any help?

rbtwhiz said:
    Leana said:
    Leana said:

Strand based hair? Now that is interesting....

Yes, and I wonder what is it?  When does the update come out?

Basically, it means hair and fur similar to the ones from LAMH included directly in DS.

Check the video in this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/326996/dforce-hair-as-well-as-strand-based-hair-and-the-strand-based-hair-editor-in-public-beta#latest

Strand-Based Hair is the evolution of a product formerly known as Garibaldi Express. Major work (and I do not use that phrase lightly) has been done to allow some of its core algorithms to be utilized by other plugins, such as dForce, for an even more integrated feel. You may come to notice that true dForce Hair (not to be confused with hair that utilizes dForce Cloth) provides many properties via the Surfaces pane that correspond to similarly named controls found in the Strand-Based Hair Editor for strand-based hair nodes.

And while the Strand-Based Hair Editor itself has been largely inspired by the former editor, there are many (sometimes sublte) differences — which is to say that while many of the concepts established by the former editor were replicated (which took quite a bit of effort, might I add), the implementation of has been largely replaced and will continue to evolve with Daz Studio proper.

-Rob

Thank you, @rbtwhiz. You seem to go unthanked a lot. Maybe its just my impression.  I appreciate the things you do. Now... back to work! Bring us the next new and exciting thing.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,874

I can't see the Beta in my DIM list. Also looks like other DAZ Studio's installations are missing.
    I see other people already updated, I'm the only one who has this issue?

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318

@Imago

I had the same problem with the not visible in the DIM List.
    The only possible Solution was to download the zip File an transfer the File to the DIM Download Folder.

PC1 - Visible in DIM List
    PC2 - Not Visible, DIM Downloadlink SKU 1200 give only a 1kb File Beta Content but not the Pro Beta Installer

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    Imago said:

I can't see the Beta in my DIM list. Also looks like other DAZ Studio's installations are missing.

Check your DIM Download filters, the Public Build should be checked.

What DS installations are missing?

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686

Is it SUPPOSED to be incompatible with DS3 content?  As it stands, I've got an entire content folder that I might as well right off entirely as far as mesh assets (scenes/props/characters) are concerned, and the same is true of the Optitex free dynamic outfits.  Scripts and lights still generally work, and 3DL shaders (more or less), but anything with geometry seems to be stuck behind an upgrade-wall.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,874
    Imago said:

Check your DIM Download filters, the Public Build should be checked.

What DS installations are missing?

Yes, checked, all is set the right way.
    I installed one of the old Betas a couple of days ago, then I uninstalled it due to the Custom UVs bug.
    It seems the other DAZ Installations (Non-Beta ones) are in the list normally, only Betas are missing.

• IllidanstormIllidanstorm Posts: 655
    edited May 2019

I hope a stable version that is not in beta can come out now.
    I'm forced to use the beta because of a 2080ti, but it always crashes when I have a lot of things in the scene and I'm trying to pose chains or ropes from Sickleyield with the active pose tool.

This dosen't happen in the current stable version. So I'm forced to use both versions, the beta for rendering and the stable one for posing chains.

This update did also not fix this, if anything its worse than before.

Post edited by Illidanstorm on
  • plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,018
    edited May 2019

You are probably rendering in 3DL mode but by default the hair you create is iRay. Make sure you use the 3DL sample and create hair in 3DL mode.

I have never rendered in 3DL, so I'm not sure how this works. Do you mean I need to create it in 3DL mode and then render in Iray?

To clarify, the hair is rendering in Iray just fine as long as I keep it to the head, torso, and arms. If I painted on just the torso and legs, though, it didn't work.  

Post edited by plasma_ring on
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited May 2019

Is it SUPPOSED to be incompatible with DS3 content?  As it stands, I've got an entire content folder that I might as well right off entirely as far as mesh assets (scenes/props/characters) are concerned, and the same is true of the Optitex free dynamic outfits.  Scripts and lights still generally work, and 3DL shaders (more or less), but anything with geometry seems to be stuck behind an upgrade-wall.

Older .daz scenes have been getting sort of "phased out" for years already (remember there was first a problem loading DS1 .daz scenes in as early as DS3, and so on). Optitex dynamic freebies have been giving errors since a couple beta versions back at least.

If you have an older DS installer handy, such as 4.6, it should be able to load the Optitex files, and then you could save them out as .duf dynamic assets. It's what I have been doing. But of course it implies you either have a spare computer to run the 4.6 on, or use the beta as your "production build" (or are willing to downgrade for an evening or two dedicated solely to updating all those files).

Post edited by Mustakettu85 on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845

Older .daz scenes have been getting sort of "phased out" for years already (remember there was first a problem loading DS1 .daz scenes in as early as DS3, and so on). Optitex dynamic freebies have been giving errors since a couple beta versions back at least.

If you have an older DS installer handy, such as 4.6, it should be able to load the Optitex files, and then you could save them out as .duf dynamic assets. It's what I have been doing. But of course it implies you either have a spare computer to run the 4.6 on, or use the beta as your "production build" (or are willing to downgrade for an evening or two dedicated solely to updating all those files).

The current General Release can handle .daz format files, and one can install both the Beta and Current Release on the same machine.

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited May 2019

I don't see it in DIM and I have "Public Build" checked in "Download Filter" and "Display Hidden" checked.  Any suggestions on how to get it to show up?

Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • RayDAntRayDAnt Posts: 1,120
    Cybersox said:
    barbult said:

Gee, it sure would be a good thing to have that product documentation when DAZ roills out a major new feature,

Beta software gets beta documentation. Doing anything more than that before an official non-beta release makes no sense since things will just change. And that's a universal truth across all software development.