[Released] RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369
edited April 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Use your favorite Genesis hair on your Genesis 8 Females!  Automatically convert almost your entire library of Hair items using the new Hair Converter from Genesis to Genesis 8 Female! The Hair Converter scripts provide batch execution for automatically converting your Genesis Hair to Genesis 8 Female. Easily select the hair items in your library, select an output directory, and execute the script. Even better, icons and categories are copied from your original Genesis hair to the new Genesis 8 Female hair items.

Your new Genesis 8 Female hair is completely Smart Content aware! They will show up when you select a Genesis 8 Female. Plus, all materials shown in Smart Content for your Genesis item will show for your converted Genesis 8 Female item.

The Hair Converter script does not work with wearables (e.g., multi-part hair). Items without metadata can be converted but will not show up in Smart Content. They may also need to be converted using a Force Convert Item(s) button.

• Convert Genesis Hair for use by Genesis 8 characters.
  • New rigs add even more functionality to most Genesis hairs.
  • Copies icons from Genesis hair to Genesis 8 hair for a professional look.
  • Converted Hair is Smart Content enabled! All materials shown in Smart Content for your Genesis item will show for your converted Genesis 8 item.
  • Automatically convert your entire library of hair with one operation!
  • Low ponytails and braids are given new bone rigs that can be posed from your Scene tab.  Long and Extra-Long hair options add new pose bones too!
  • All of a hair's original morphs are retained.

What's Included and Features

RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis to Genesis 8 Female (.DSE)

• Hair Converter Script
  • Detailed User Guide (.PDF)
rssyg1tog8fhairconverter-daz3d-main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
rssyg1tog8fhairconverter-daz3d-pop01.jpg
2000 x 2363 - 1M
rssyg1tog8fhairconverter-daz3d-pop02.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 371K
rssyg1tog8fhairconverter-daz3d-pop03.jpg
1580 x 1000 - 279K
rssyg1tog8fhairconverter-daz3d-pop04.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 2M
rssyg1tog8fhairconverter-daz3d-pop05.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 338K
rssyg1tog8fhairconverter-daz3d-pop06.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
rssyg1tog8fhairconverter-daz3d-pop07.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 2M
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited April 2019

Great!  I'll buy it, though I have to say I imagine sales on this will be fairly small compared to everything else you've made given that there simply weren't that many Genesis specific hairs made in total, especially once you take out the texture and expansion sets, and factor in the fact that a good portion of what was sold at were also V4 or Genesis 2 products.  Still well worth it from my point of view, especially since the male Genesis hairs work on the females. Still waiting on "the BIg One" from my point of view, V4 to G3F.      

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369
    Cybersox said:

Great!  I'll buy it, though I have to say I imagine sales on this will be fairly small compared to everything else you've made given that there simply weren't that many Genesis specific hairs made in total, especially once you take out the texture and expansion sets, and factor in the fact that a good portion of what was sold at were also V4 or Genesis 2 products.  Still well worth it from my point of view, especially since the male Genesis hairs work on the females. Still waiting on "the BIg One" from my point of view, V4 to G3F.      

We will have to see.  Hopefully sales will keep justifying going down the list of conversions smiley  Now, you want to see V4 to G3F clothing or hair conversion?

Cybersox said:

We will have to see.  Hopefully sales will keep justifying going down the list of conversions smiley  Now, you want to see V4 to G3F clothing or hair conversion?

I hope the sales keep going too, that's why I felt compelled to comment that there's really not that much in the way of native Genesis hair.  As for V4 to G3F, I'd LIKE both, but if I had to chose, I'd definitely go with clothes. I have a couple of hundred V4 hairs, more than for any other figure thanks to many years of freebies and 80% off sales... but for the same reason I have literally thousands of V4 outfits.  

Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

I hope the sales keep going too, that's why I felt compelled to comment that there's really not that much in the way of native Genesis hair.  As for V4 to G3F, I'd LIKE both, but if I had to chose, I'd definitely go with clothes. I have a couple of hundred V4 hairs, more than for any other figure thanks to many years of freebies and 80% off sales... but for the same reason I have literally thousands of V4 outfits.  

Ah!  Good to know.  For my own sense of completeness, I hope we can keep going.  I hate from other vendors when there is no male version of something and only a female version.  In the same way, I would hate to not have a complete set of conversion utilities.  We will keep going as long as we can! smiley

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Hurray!! Oh is it ready NOW?!

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

Ah!  Good to know.  For my own sense of completeness, I hope we can keep going.  I hate from other vendors when there is no male version of something and only a female version.  In the same way, I would hate to not have a complete set of conversion utilities.  We will keep going as long as we can! smiley

Arrgh! I need to finish! I need to finish!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,827

Wow, another great converter.

carrie58 said:

Hurray!! Oh is it ready NOW?!

Nope!  Not yet! smiley

xyer0 said:
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

Arrgh! I need to finish! I need to finish!

That is the other thing.  We need to keep you all constantly converting!  If we don't keep releasing products, you might finish converting and actually use all your new content! cheeky

Artini said:

Wow, another great converter.

Thanks.

• Very excited for this, and hoping for a full set of converters, and then cross-gender ones, too! These converters, esp. the ones for G8, are especially valuable now that we know DAZ doesn't have any plans yet for G9.

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390
    edited April 2019

hello RiverSoftArts, i really love your products but i have one question, since most of your converters products don't have a interactive license, (only 1 which i could see), i can use the converted cloths/hairs from  them to convert the cloths/hairs from others geneses to genesis 8(i'm planning in use genesis 8 or victoria/michael 8 as base), in my game project??? i'm not saying to add the converter addon but the cloths/hair, if they can be used in my work without any problem?

Post edited by Ellessarr on
  • Ellessarr said:

hello river, i really love your products but i have one question, since most of your converters products don't have a interactive license, (only 1 which i could see), i can use the converted cloths/hairs from others geneses to genesis 8, in my game project??? i'm not saying to add the converter addon but the cloths/hair, if they can be used in my work without any problem?

Even if RiversoftArts says yes, remember that you'd also need an Interactive License for the original content

Ellessarr said:

hello river, i really love your products but i have one question, since most of your converters products don't have a interactive license, (only 1 which i could see), i can use the converted cloths/hairs from others geneses to genesis 8, in my game project??? i'm not saying to add the converter addon but the cloths/hair, if they can be used in my work without any problem?

Even if RiversoftArts says yes, remember that you'd also need an Interactive License for the original content

you means the cloth or hair right?? yeah that i know which i still need it, ofcourse, my only doubt was about the pluging itself, anway thanks for the tip and remember it.

Ellessarr said:
    Ellessarr said:

you means the cloth or hair right?? yeah that i know which i still need it, ofcourse, my only doubt was about the pluging itself, anway thanks for the tip and remember it.

I would say this is a question for Daz.  As Richard says, at the very least you need the original content interactive license.  For my part, I have no problem with it.

Ellessarr said:
    Ellessarr said:

I would say this is a question for Daz.  As Richard says, at the very least you need the original content interactive license.  For my part, I have no problem with it.

hmmm really thanks.

It's out! 

Does anybody knows, if hair made by Valea will convert?

For example:

https://www.daz3d.com/dragon-princess

https://www.daz3d.com/branwen-hair

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Artini said:

For example:

I think those hairs are actually used in the promos - at least I think this is the Dragon Princess one:

So I'd say it's probably a safe bet. :D

Pretty awesome - considering how extraordinarily long that Dragon Princess hair is. It looks like RiverSoft Art and Sickleyield did another amazing job! 

Artini said:

For example:

Dragon Princess for sure.  As @Divamakeup wrote, it is in the promos.  I do not have the Branwen hair, but it should convert.

Artini said:

For example:

I think those hairs are actually used in the promos - at least I think this is the Dragon Princess one:

So I'd say it's probably a safe bet. :D

Pretty awesome - considering how extraordinarily long that Dragon Princess hair is. It looks like RiverSoft Art and Sickleyield did another amazing job! 

Thanks @Divamakeup!

Cybersox said:

It's out! 

Too quick for me!  I didn't even get a chance to change the title to [Released]!!! laugh

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

No, I wont buy it I wont, I have enough hair models, I want this but I dont realy need it.

I just have to be disaplined about this and say no to myself .

ARGH curse you!

Mouser said:

No, I wont buy it I wont, I have enough hair models, I want this but I dont realy need it.

ARGH curse you!

LOL.  Oh sure, blame me when the real failure of discipline was when you bought all those genesis hairs.  I am just trying to help!  laugh

• MouserMouser Posts: 675
    Mouser said:

ARGH curse you!

LOL.  Oh sure, blame me when the real failure of discipline was when you bought all those genesis hairs.  I am just trying to help!  laugh

Well of course its your fault, it cant be me!

Mouser said:
    Mouser said:

ARGH curse you!

Well of course its your fault, it cant be me!

It's DAZ's fault.  Putting those pesky hairs up for sale at crazy discounted prices.  What were they thinking?   

How to deal with Genesis hair in .dsf format?

The script do not open them at all.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited May 2019
    Artini said:

Load them on Genesis and then resave as a figure/prop asset /follower/ hair ,and then convert to G8

Post edited by carrie58 on

Ok, thanks.

edited May 2019
    carrie58 said:
    Artini said:

Load them on Genesis and then resave as a figure/prop asset /follower/ hair ,and then convert to G8

Thanks @carrie58smiley

BTW, this is a bug. I will modify the script to accept dsf files.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on