[RELEASED] Marketstall and props (for Iray and 3DL) [Commercial] Freebie added!

SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684

​Coming "soon", a marketstall with both Iray and 3DL shaders. Included are several texture options and a few base poses for G3 and G8 are also included. There are different jelly flavours and also a honey option. The stall has a weathered texture included for the frame and the fabric. There are a lot of stack options so you don't have to fidget with stacking them!

Marketstall and Props_main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 2M
Marketstall and Props_popup_1.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 2M
Marketstall and Props_popup_2.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 2M
Post edited by Sylvan on

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Nice to see you got this rolling now!

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

Little nitpick. Those look like jellies to me not jams. They are very clear and show no fruit flesh or pieces content.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684
    edited February 2019
    Ascania said:

Little nitpick. Those look like jellies to me not jams. They are very clear and show no fruit flesh or pieces content.

Thanks for stopping by! I believe in my country we don't have a separate name for fruit spread that's clear. We just call it all "jam".  But we might be jam heathens in our country, as I believe the UK and US have a wider range than we have here. Jelly might be a better name for the consistency I used. Good catch, I will update the files accordingly.

Post edited by Sylvan on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

This is super cute

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Sylvan said:
    Ascania said:

Thanks for stopping by! I believe in my country we don't have a separate name for fruit spread that's clear. We just call it all "jam".  But we might be jam heathens in our country, as I believe the UK and US have a wider range than we have here. Jelly might be a better name for the consistency I used. Good catch, I will update the files accordingly.

Actually even seedless jam tends to not be clear in the UK,

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139
    edited February 2019
    Sylvan said:
    Ascania said:

Another little nitpick: if you call them "jellies" then that has a somewhat different meaning in the UK to the US.  A jelly in the UK is a flavoured mix of gelatine and water poured into a mould which sets and is (or used to be) eaten as a dessert. Often with cream poured over. It was a staple of children's parties when I was a small child, but I've not seen it for years.

ETA: On the other hand UK people are probably familiar with the US term (from TV and films) so it's not so much of a problem here!

Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited February 2019

I think we also have those sachets here called Jello and you mix that with water to get wobbly pudding. We loved those as kids, but you hardly ever see them anymore. We also had a kind of cream called "klop - klop" (yeah Dutch lol), and I recently saw them again in a supermarket but have never met anyone who used them aside from my mom!
    About the consistency, Iray isn't able to give volume textures (not sure what the right name is in more advanced render engines) or adding seeds would defenitely be an option. The consistency I have been using is a jam (jelly) example I used from our supermarket because I love the glow it gives when light shines through it.

Post edited by Sylvan on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

you can still get jellies like that. I buy them to make trifles.

• Ascania said:

I have some prop sets of assorted fruit; it would be easy enough to drop a few bits and pieces into the jar.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145
    Sylvan said:

I think we also have those sachets here called Jello and you mix that with water to get wobbly pudding. We loved those as kids, but you hardly ever see them anymore. We also had a kind of cream called "klop - klop" (yeah Dutch lol), and I recently saw them again in a supermarket but have never met anyone who used them aside from my mom!
    About the consistency, Iray isn't able to give volume textures (not sure what the right name is in more advanced render engines) or adding seeds would defenitely be an option. The consistency I have been using is a jam (jelly) example I used from our supermarket because I love the glow it gives when light shines through it.

You could call them jams and jellies :)

Nice set!

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    Sylvan said:
    Ascania said:

Please don't bother updating the files at this late date. Too easy to introduce errors/typos. Maybe just the signboard?

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Eh, I could fix that and make them more jam like easily (if the shaders are set up like they look like they might be). If refractive, add roughness. If translucent, make less translucent ;). Any way they're set up, I can work with em. Very cute set and the type of stuff I look for. :)

Laurie

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

Must be jelly 'cause jam don't shake like that.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253

The stall looks just like some of the ones in the "farmers' markets" around L.A. Good job.

It's published :D Happy rendering and thanks for the support!
    https://www.daz3d.com/market-stall-and-props

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Aaaand... downloading now. Thanks, Sylvan!

edited April 2019

I've been made aware that somehow the Iray shaders in the "Full Scene Iray" are loading with 3DL shaders. I just submitted an update and hope it gets through soon!

Post edited by Sylvan on
    edited April 2019

Files have been updated and here's a little freebie to thank you all for supporting my 3D endeavors! :D

https://sharecg.com/v/93529/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Flags-for-the-MarketStall

Flags_Main.jpg
    931 x 910 - 1015K
    Post edited by Sylvan on
    edited April 2019

Oops, double post!

Post edited by Sylvan on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342

Thank you!