[Updated] Chimpanzee for Genesis 8 Male [Commercial]

Comments

• Ok let’s try this again:

Didn’t take long to create this youngster sporting longer hair and Dwayne’s arms. Can’t stress enough how much I appreciate that this guy is built on G8M - fantastic work, Alessandro!

- Greg

Awesome, I really love this one!

• Td3dTd3d Posts: 412
    edited December 2018

Love your animals/characters AM. This little guy is so cool! Can't wait to have a play this weekend and check him out. Lovely product and nicely detailed.

Post edited by Td3d on
  • Td3d said:

Love your animals/characters AM. This little guy is so cool! Can't wait to have a play this weekend and check him out. Lovely product and nicely detailed.

Thank you very much for your kindness, have fun with it!

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Love :)

Just a quickie...

Chimps-01.jpg
    1000 x 955 - 348K
  • wizard1200wizard1200 Posts: 239
    edited December 2018

I applied a vest to the character and deactivated the visibilty of the hair, but as soon as i click on the render button the hair is visible again and pokes through the vest.

Post edited by wizard1200 on
  • ACueACue Posts: 114

Having the same issue. I have the latest Catalyzer update 1.7. I hide or delete the fur groups but they still render out. Same if I use the Visible in Render or Simullation tabs. At wit's end, Am I missing a control slider in the posing, shaping menus?  How does one, specifically, go about hiding or removing the Fur Groups for Face Top, Mouth/Chin, Arms, Torso and Legs? I appreciate any feedback from AM or the group.

I applied a vest to the character and deactivated the visibilty of the hair, but as soon as i click on the render button the hair is visible again and pokes through the vest.

• Got the chimpanzee - only character I've bought for G8M. Thank you and Merry Christmas. Any chance for an orangutan morph in the future? I have Ape World 2, but it's a bit lacking in realistic proportions.

• ACue said:

Having the same issue. I have the latest Catalyzer update 1.7. I hide or delete the fur groups but they still render out. Same if I use the Visible in Render or Simullation tabs. At wit's end, Am I missing a control slider in the posing, shaping menus?  How does one, specifically, go about hiding or removing the Fur Groups for Face Top, Mouth/Chin, Arms, Torso and Legs? I appreciate any feedback from AM or the group.

DAZ modified the product description, I don't know why it was written that fur groups can be hidden: it isn't possible with the Catalyzer yet. I suppose best course of action right now would be to render in two passes, the second one being the chimp with fur on a transparent background, and composite the result. I will see to add the possibility to hide fur groups/surfaces in next Catalyzer update.

• Got the chimpanzee - only character I've bought for G8M. Thank you and Merry Christmas. Any chance for an orangutan morph in the future? I have Ape World 2, but it's a bit lacking in realistic proportions.

Yes there is also an orangutan work in progress and other monkeys/apes too...

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Other monkeys too? Cool! But will the tails be correctly located at the base of the spine, or the waist (which always looks so fake)?

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 2018

Other monkeys too? Cool! But will the tails be correctly located at the base of the spine, or the waist (which always looks so fake)?

I go for the real thing, so the base of the spine, even if that will mess up with clothing.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on

Yes there is also an orangutan work in progress and other monkeys/apes too...

This is great news. Could definitely use more apes and monkeys. Thank you very much.

ACue said:

thanks! That explains it. Looking forward to the update.

DAZ modified the product description, I don't know why it was written that fur groups can be hidden: it isn't possible with the Catalyzer yet. I suppose best course of action right now would be to render in two passes, the second one being the chimp with fur on a transparent background, and composite the result. I will see to add the possibility to hide fur groups/surfaces in next Catalyzer update.

edited December 2018
    ACue said:
    ACue said:

thanks! That explains it. Looking forward to the update.

Thanks. That explains it. Looking forward to the update.

Post edited by ACue on
  • Other monkeys too? Cool! But will the tails be correctly located at the base of the spine, or the waist (which always looks so fake)?

I go for the real thing, so the base of the spine, even if that will mess up with clothing.

as you should

never understood those weird waist tails and why it cannot just poke through the clothes in the correct spot, can always make a clothing hole conformer with stitching or a zip around it! or like most dressed animals go pantless

as you should

never understood those weird waist tails and why it cannot just poke through the clothes in the correct spot, can always make a clothing hole conformer with stitching or a zip around it! or like most dressed animals go pantless

I usually have had to reposition the tails, and if clothing is required (for humans), I modify clothing to fit. I'm looking forward to the monkeys, too, after seeing how well the chimpanzee turned out.

LAMH and Catalyzer Fur Groups have also been set up for use with clothing as shown in the promos! Fur Groups for Face Top, Mouth/Chin, Arms, Torso and Legs can be hidden or removed.

Optimized for both Iray and 3Delight. Catalyzer version 1.7 required for use with the Iray Figures!

Can one use the LAMH version to hide fur groups? I know AM has said it can't be done with the Catalyzer fur groups, yet. However, I'm curious how it's done with the LAMH version. Does one need the full version of the LAMH program and not simply the player? 

• ACue said:

LAMH and Catalyzer Fur Groups have also been set up for use with clothing as shown in the promos! Fur Groups for Face Top, Mouth/Chin, Arms, Torso and Legs can be hidden or removed.

Optimized for both Iray and 3Delight. Catalyzer version 1.7 required for use with the Iray Figures!

Can one use the LAMH version to hide fur groups? I know AM has said it can't be done with the Catalyzer fur groups, yet. However, I'm curious how it's done with the LAMH version. Does one need the full version of the LAMH program and not simply the player? 

With LAMH (both full and free player), you can hide surface groups which you don't want to render. In the attached screenshot, for example, I've hidden the torso fur.

sshot-1.jpg
    2047 x 1224 - 248K
    ACue said:

With LAMH (both full and free player), you can hide surface groups which you don't want to render. In the attached screenshot, for example, I've hidden the torso fur.

Thank you! I will try it!

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

I am having a duplicate Id error with this, but I can’t seem to find the morph in the lists to fix it, anyone else having this happen?

• dkgoose said:

I am having a duplicate Id error with this, but I can’t seem to find the morph in the lists to fix it, anyone else having this happen?

If you email me the log file (see my signature for the address), I can check what’s going on. Cheers

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

I'm getting the duplicate file error as well affecting all G8M characters while the chimp is installed. I've a ticket logged with Customer Support at the moment.

Sending you 2 log files by email. It seems to be head_ChimpanzeeAM-CTRLMD_N_XRotate_n30.dsf

• syedadysyedady Posts: 41

Please can anyone point out what prop and backdrop used in this faboulous render. Thanks :)

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/a1/c3838ca300864adb37215fff59cdb7.jpg

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited January 2019
    syedady said:

Please can anyone point out what prop and backdrop used in this faboulous render. Thanks :)

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/a1/c3838ca300864adb37215fff59cdb7.jpg

I've built that scene using my Amphibian Pond set (https://www.daz3d.com/amphibian-pond) which comes with lot of plants, the pond itself, debris and small rocks.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817

a silly video by me, Carrara hair

• alienareaalienarea Posts: 507

Don't we all want a Gorilla that can be sized up for Kong?

alienarea said:

Don't we all want a Gorilla that can be sized up for Kong?

Would be nice.

In fact, I watched the 1933 King Kong (remastered) again, just last night. Amazing what effects they managed with the equipment they had back then. Of course, someone would have to make G8 versions of Fay Wray, Robert Armstrong, and Bruce Cabot, to keep Kong company...

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253

Hivewire has a Gorilla morph for Dusk. Studio version Dusk is effectively G2-era triax rigging, so weightmapped, but not dual quaternion.

It's a good morph, but there's no LAMH preset for it, which rather reduces the usability for anything close up.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

Love the model.

(For anyone else putting a hat on the chimp, best to just parent it to the head and move it around; autofit is going to mangle it)

Seaside.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 990K
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

I just want to add to the masses eneral consensus here but, Allesandro? This is MASTERFUL work. This model is exquisite. I hope you get around o the Gorilla for G8 as well. KUDOS! :)