[Released] Hair Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
edited December 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Finally, use your favorite Genesis 3 Female Hair without limitations on your Genesis 8 Females! Automatically convert almost your entire library of Hair items using the new Hair Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female! The Hair Converter scripts provide batch execution for automatically converting, including morphs and rigging, your Genesis 3 Female Hair to Genesis 8 Female Hair in your library. Easily select the hair items in your library, select an output directory, and execute the script. Even better, icons and categories are copied from your original Genesis 3 Female hair to the new Genesis 8 Female hair items.

Your new Genesis 8 Female hair is completely Smart Content aware! They will show up when you select a Genesis 8 Female. Plus, all materials shown in Smart Content for your Genesis 3 Female item will show for your converted Genesis 8 Female item.

The Hair Converter script does not work with wearables (e.g., multi-pair hair). Items without metadata can be converted but will not show up in Smart Content. They may also need to be converted using a Force Convert Item(s) button.

• Convert Genesis 3 Hair for use by Genesis 8 characters.
  • Keep the rigging of your beautiful, long Genesis 3 Hair for use by Genesis 8 characters.
  • Copies icons from Genesis 3 hair to Genesis 8 hair for a professional look.
  • Converted Hair is Smart Content enabled! All materials shown in Smart Content for your Genesis 3 item will show for your converted Genesis 8 item.
  • Automatically convert your entire library of hair with one operation!

What's Included and Features

• Hair Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 8 Female:
    • Hair Converter Script (.DSE)
    • Hair Converter Manual Script (.DSA)
    • Detailed user Guide (.PDF)
main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 509K
popup_1.jpg
1000 x 1000 - 322K
popup_2.jpg
1655 x 1000 - 361K
popup_3.jpg
2000 x 2363 - 1M
popup_4.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 330K
popup_5.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 224K
popup_6.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 164K
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 577

Oh for freak sake, just take my money!

With this series of conversion products you and SickleYield have breathed new life into my runtime. I’m a big fan. 

• Esemwy said:

Oh for freak sake, just take my money!

With this series of conversion products you and SickleYield have breathed new life into my runtime. I’m a big fan. 

LOL.  Thank you!  I hope you will like it!

• This is amazing, thanks to you and SY for all your work on these converters

• This is amazing, thanks to you and SY for all your work on these converters

You're welcome!

• Woot!

This will certainly keep me happy until V4 to G8 appears smiley

• Woot!

This will certainly keep me happy until V4 to G8 appears smiley

Excellent! smiley

• Yes, this will bounce into my cart the moment it appears.  There ought to be a way to pre-pay *grumble, grumble, grunble*

• Yes, this will bounce into my cart the moment it appears.  There ought to be a way to pre-pay *grumble, grumble, grunble*

Good to hear!  I hope you will like it!

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

You keep making things that I never knew I always wanted.

• Sigurd said:

You keep making things that I never knew I always wanted.

LOL.  laugh  

• This will be an instantbuy... now if only the shoe conversion problem could be solved....:-)

• This will be an instantbuy... now if only the shoe conversion problem could be solved....:-)

????  Shoes are converted... mostly successfully... with the Clothing Converter products.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

Does it handle beards?  I've still got the Bearded Lady set from April 1, 2017 :) :) :) 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Yes. yes, yes!  Woot, Happy Holidays for me lol!

• Cybersox said:

Does it handle beards?  I've still got the Bearded Lady set from April 1, 2017 :) :) :) 

Yes, it does.  That was one of the products that delayed the set smiley

• Yes. yes, yes!  Woot, Happy Holidays for me lol!

laugh  Happy Holidays!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

This will be an instantbuy... now if only the shoe conversion problem could be solved....:-)

????  Shoes are converted... mostly successfully... with the Clothing Converter products.

LOL, I would say it's 50/50 bsed on my experience with the G3 to G8 product.

LOL, I would say it's 50/50 bsed on my experience with the G3 to G8 product.

Huh, I have a lot more luck, but I have to use the Foot Poser dialog and try a few times.  In this comment, https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4186936/#Comment_4186936 I talk about making it work with some shoes that someone had a problem with.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

Each of the major hair PAs has their own system.

Generally speaking, how do the individual PA hairs fare or is their little difference between them?

OOT, AprilYSH, Goldtassel, Redz, 3DCelebrity, SWAM, (SamSil rarely has morphs).

• xyer0 said:

Each of the major hair PAs has their own system.

Generally speaking, how do the individual PA hairs fare or is their little difference between them?

OOT, AprilYSH, Goldtassel, Redz, 3DCelebrity, SWAM, (SamSil rarely has morphs).

I haven't noticed a difference.  As far as conversion, I *think* it doesn't matter.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

AUGGHH!!!! OMG! ..............(thump)

• carrie58 said:

AUGGHH!!!! OMG! ..............(thump)

LOL.  Someone get the smelling salts! laugh

edited December 2018

OOOooooo  Well since I'm already down here I might as well ask how far back you and SickleYield will try to take the Hair converters?

sinceImdownhere.png
    2000 x 2000 - 4M
    Post edited by carrie58 on
  • This is something I have always wanted, and known I needed, but I will settle with waiting (im)patiently for now...

• carrie58 said:

OOOooooo  Well since I'm already down here I might as well ask how far back you and SickleYield will try to take the Hair converters?

I don't know.  Personally, I don't like the look of most hair before G3.  However, if Sickleyield wants to do it, I will certainly follow.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
    edited December 2018

This is something I have always wanted, and known I needed, but I will settle with waiting (im)patiently for now...

Well, I am glad it is finally coming for you.  Hopefully, it won't be too long but that is up to Daz.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
    edited December 2018

Hmm see I'm of the opinion that some of the older stuff ,includeing hair just need a little love to improve them .......short hair is fairly easy but the long hair or tails that get all kinked at the neck/shoulder area that's what I'd like to fix/have a fix for ...... I want to use my Babs Tails on G8F....... just for example .But this will go straight into the cart

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • carrie58 said:

Hmm see I'm of the opinion that some of the older stuff ,includeing hair just need a little love to improve them .......short hair is fairly easy but the long hair or tails that get all kinked at the neck/shoulder area that's what I'd like to fix/have a fix for ...... I want to use my Babs Tails on G8F....... just for example .But this will go straight into the cart

As I said, I am flexible.  We will have to see how this one goes...

• wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 572

This is going to be a very useful thing!

• wsgentry said:

This is going to be a very useful thing!

Thanks.  I am glad you like it!