[Released] Multi purpose Concert/Recital Hall and Auditorium / Movie theatre [Commercial]

ProtozoonProtozoon Posts: 550
edited December 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hi!

My first environment is on its way to the store. A multi purpose hall suitable for recitals, concerts, conferences, lectures, theatre and movies etc.
Lots of lighting presets and material options are included. Also a working video projector for your presentations!
The set's material load is light, so you can add several people to the hall and still fit in your graphics card.

-P-

Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 875K
Popup_01.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 1M
Popup_02.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 1M
Popup_05.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 1M
Popup_06.jpg
1500 x 500 - 486K
Popup_07.jpg
1500 x 500 - 500K
Popup_16.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 647K
Popup_12.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 942K
Popup_11.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 358K
Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,887

It looks soooo amazing. Can't wait!

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

Looks really amazing! But it doesn‘t have an extiror?

• gerster said:

Looks really amazing! But it doesn‘t have an extiror?

Thanks a lot Will and Gerster!

Sadly there isn't an exterior. A hall like this is usually a part of a cultural/arts complex or something like that and not an individual building.

-P-

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Where can I buy tickets? :)

• DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited December 2018

Very Nice, i was contemplating making something like this, but youve beaten me to to the punch :P

Love those spot light presets in the last image.

Post edited by Dogz on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,685

Excellent job as usual. Congratulations!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760

This looks great.  I already have a dozen or so different auditorium/theaters/lecture halls, but the design of this one stands out very nicely.  I do have two minor quibbles - 1.) no provision for drapery and 2.) no handicapped seating area. 

• ProtozoonProtozoon Posts: 550
    edited December 2018
    Cybersox said:

This looks great.  I already have a dozen or so different auditorium/theaters/lecture halls, but the design of this one stands out very nicely.  I do have two minor quibbles - 1.) no provision for drapery and 2.) no handicapped seating area. 

Good pointers! Seats (instances) can be individually removed and balcony is on the upper door level. Lower door is on bottom floor level so I would imagine about 6 wheelchairs would easily fit without removing the seats, other than the balcony ones.

Popup_09.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 406K
    Post edited by Protozoon on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Looks great!

I don't suppose it comes with billboard audiences or anything like that?

• Protozoon said:
    Cybersox said:

vwrangler said:

Looks great!

That is a very good and relevant question. I was pondering about billboards and came to conclusion it would be a separate product and not only for this set but more universal sitting billboards. I don’t know how billboards would work with seats, as legs bend with the seats. But I will look into possibilities for them.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    Protozoon said:
    Protozoon said:
    Cybersox said:

vwrangler said:

Looks great!

That is a very good and relevant question. I was pondering about billboards and came to conclusion it would be a separate product and not only for this set but more universal sitting billboards. I don’t know how billboards would work with seats, as legs bend with the seats. But I will look into possibilities for them.

Yeah, I suppose that would be tricky. For the most part, you only need the upper two thirds or thereabouts -- except for the people in the front and side seats, who are seriously problematic.

I was working on something where I seriously needed formally dressed (or at least business formal) audiences for a theater, but there's no simple way to do that in Studio. I finally gave up and just used a bunch of low-res figures, instanced. Looked horrible, but very slightly better than empty seats around the characters. Very slightly.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing this in the store!

• Released today :)

• Hello

I just had your Auditorium and it's amazing. I do love it .

The light are awesome and a great pleasure to play with the strucutre and textures

Just one question, how do we add image in the screen ?

Thank you very much and congratulation :)

edited December 2018

Hello

I just had your Auditorium and it's amazing. I do love it .

The light are awesome and a great pleasure to play with the strucutre and textures

Just one question, how do we add image in the screen ?

Thank you very much and congratulation :)

Hi and thank you!

Method 1:
    You put your own image to the screen by selecting the projector form the scene tab (recital hall-accessories-projector), then in the surfaces tab select "LensProjectorImage" and apply your image to the Glossy Color Channel.
    Turn the projector on with the "Projector On" preset in the Light Presets.

Method 2 (Easier for proper aspect ratio of the projected picture):
    Search your computer for "ProjectorImage.jpg" (I have it in "My DAZ3D Library\Runtime\Textures\Protozoon\Recital Hall\Textures") and edit it with Photoshop or a software of your choice. This image has the right proportions of the visible image shown (the white area). Then turn on the projector. You can take a copy of the original ProjectorImage.jpg for future use.

A little extra tip: If you hide the seats until rendering, navigation in the scene will be smoother.

Post edited by Protozoon on
  • Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,981

What ever happened to this product as it does look awesome..

• Protozoon's products have become Daz Originals, and so far most of the isntruments have been rereleased as Platinum Club items - I would guess the hall may well follow.

• MartialMartial Posts: 404

Can i have the link for buying this product  ? I cannot find on the site

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,137

I'm afraid you are out of luck unless/until it turns up as a new PC+ release - this is what happened to the musical instrument sets: they disappeared from the store one day then gradually were re-released at PC+ price. (Some of them have not yet reappeared either)

• MartialMartial Posts: 404

thanks  Sorry about that . Happy to have bought the musical instruments sets before

• dgatwooddgatwood Posts: 23

Just got this product.  Overall, I love the concert hall, but a few things are bugging me:

• There are no doors to the light/sound booth without removing and re-creating the back wall.
    • It would be very helpful if it were possible to remove the exterior hallways entirely without losing half of the hall's walls, e.g. to incorporate it into an existing building.
    • It would be helpful if the exterior conrete-like material on those hallways didn't force the doors to stick out so far on the outside, or at least could be turned off independently of the exterior parts of the hall itself.
    • The enclosed space with no access above the box seats seems odd.  I'd love it if that extended all the way up to the stage and wrapped around the other side, with gaps for adjusting the lights on the sides, and with steps or an enclosed ladder up to a catwalk area above the other two sets of lights with similar openings for adjusting the lights.
    • Minor nit: If you take out seats for handicapped space, the wheelchairs have to sit farther forward because of the shape of the floor, which isn't ideal for companions.  (You really don't want wheelchairs in front of actual seats.)

I can and will work around all of these things by nuking textures and adding my own wall pieces, but if you decide to update this at some point, it might be worth giving the light booth some kind of doors.

dgatwood said:

Just got this product.  Overall, I love the concert hall, but a few things are bugging me:

• There are no doors to the light/sound booth without removing and 

Hi!

Thank you for the comments! Tomorrow I'll have chamber orchestra rehearsals in the hall this one is inspired by. I'll take a look how the things are arranged there :)

P

• dgatwooddgatwood Posts: 23

Protozoon said:

dgatwood said:

• There are no doors to the light/sound booth without removing and 

Hi!

Thank you for the comments! Tomorrow I'll have chamber orchestra rehearsals in the hall this one is inspired by. I'll take a look how the things are arranged there :)

P

Very cool.  :-)