Ghastly's Ghastly Freebees. (Ghastly's Gizmo-trons)

Comments

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

So clever!

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Okay this should fix the problems with Ghastly Chibi and Windows 8 and Linux users.

Plus there`s now a whole bunch of animal face morphs included.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/76663/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Chibi-v1.7

Chibi_Forms.jpg
    1024 x 1062 - 90K
    animal_morphs.jpg
    1500 x 753 - 125K
    Chibi_Trio_1.jpg
    1250 x 1000 - 665K
  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited July 2014

They look very nice, thank you so much. Can't wait to use them :)

Post edited by MilosGulan on
  • none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

Thanks Ghastly, This version works for me now. (Win8.1) The older version just produced a V shape.

edited December 1969

I have no idea why it was exactly but I'm glad I've finally got it working.

• SanchoPanzaSanchoPanza Posts: 2
    edited July 2014

Ghastly, Love your concepts. Thought you might like this take on Captain D. and UB at work. Hope this actually works. Never posted on here before.

Images removed Please remember there are no content advisory flags on the forum.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

HAHAHA!!! LOVE IT!

• SanchoPanzaSanchoPanza Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Ooops, Looks like I violated some norms. Forgot where I was posting. Have to find some other place to put mine up. Also got a couple using the Ghastly nun's costume. but those probably wouldn't be up for long either. I love the concept of Captain Disturbing though.

edited December 1969

Now that I've got the Chibi figure working I'm going to try for a more ambitious figure design. This is what I'm currently working on. This will be the first figure I've sculpted in 3D Coat using a MakeHuman mesh as the base source. I have the base mesh modelling finally completed, now I just have to rig it and build a set of expression morphs for it.

Short Stack the Imp.

shortstack_3.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 184K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Aaaaaaaaw! Cute!
    (I wouldn't say that to the Imp's face!)

edited December 1969

Coming along. Finally got the rigging and weight maps and limits done. Now to build some pose controls and make some expression morphs and this little imp will be ready to be shared.

First figure I've made by sculpting. It's definitely different from traditional modelling. You have to sculpt the head with the mouth partially opened and the eyes partially closed so that it can retopologise the mouth and eyelids properly. Makes the character look stoned while you're working on it.

Don't know why, but after I rigged the figure, exporting it no longer works with MT Mirror, but luckily I've saved the symmetrical pre-rigged figure so I can use that for creating morphs.

Clothed_imp.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 226K
    edited December 1969

LOL - stoned Imp!

By the way - did you see? Your chibi got a free bikini: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=74113

edited December 1969

Woohoo!!!! And just in time for summer too.

edited December 1969

Emboldened by the (eventual) success of my Chibi figure I've rigged a much more complex one.

Here's a little imp figure made in 3D Coat using a MakeHuman mesh as a base for my sculpt. Comes with bracers, helmet with and without hair, shirt, skirt, and axe as well as two material presets. To get the skirt to fit properly set genital shaping to smooth for the figure. The figure is semi-compatible with Genesis and Genesis 2 poses, some tweaks will be required for the feet and and hands and arms.

Use as you please.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/76878/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Short-Stack-the-Imp

complete_1.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 314K
    complete_3.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 488K
    complete_2.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 335K
    complete_4.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 357K
    edited December 1969

Short Stack IS cute ... greetings from another world!
    LOL

By the way:
    AJ-Recie for Ghastly's Chibi v1.7 by nmizu
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=74199

ShortStack.jpg
    738 x 960 - 322K
    edited December 1969

HA! Love it with the Troll Doll hair!

edited December 1969

http://www.sharecg.com/v/77134/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Shibari-Outfit-Genesis-1

Sometimes you just gotta restrain people to keep them from meddling. Perfect for abandoned amusement park owners and guh-guh-guh ghost pirates.

Use as you please.

jinkies_3.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 456K
    edited December 1969

It's cool! Thank you!

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Your restraint is admirable ;-).

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Ba-dum bum tsssss

ROFLMAO!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

edited December 1969

ISeeWhatYouDidThere.jpg
    600 x 450 - 25K
    edited December 2014

http://www.sharecg.com/v/78868/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Wild-Thing-Genesis-1

A ridiculously inappropriate schoolgirl uniform. Well.... inappropriate outside of anime of course. Made with 3DCoat.

Use as you please.

wild_thing_complete_2.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 486K
    wild_thing_complete_1.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 553K
    Post edited by ghastlycomic on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

Thank you Ghastly. Nice to see some Genesis 1 stuff. Very cute outfit.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

thanks for all the freebies...only just found this thread! There is some great stuff here...

edited December 1969

No problemo! Share the wealth, I always say.

edited December 1969

http://www.sharecg.com/v/78876/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Loose-And-Casual-Genesis-1

Sometimes a guy just wants to lounge around in his bunny PJs. Has a PJ Top, Bottom, and two different T-shirts. Includes various morphs for the clothing too.

Use as you please.

loose_casual_800.jpg
    1000 x 911 - 126K
    edited December 1969

Hey, Ghastly, I've noticed a slight "issue" with your Generic Anime/Manga head morph for Genesis, at least if used in conjunction with some other eye morphs; namely the eyeballs themselves don't scale up enough (if at all) with the eyelids and sockets. As a result, I often end up with a gap between the eyeballs and eye lids where the eyeballs float inside the sockets. I typically have to manually scale up the eyeballs, and even then, I can only do that to a point before the sides of the eyeballs poke through the outer edges of the skin around the eyelids.

edited December 1969

Hey, Ghastly, I've noticed a slight "issue" with your Generic Anime/Manga head morph for Genesis, at least if used in conjunction with some other eye morphs; namely the eyeballs themselves don't scale up enough (if at all) with the eyelids and sockets. As a result, I often end up with a gap between the eyeballs and eye lids where the eyeballs float inside the sockets. I typically have to manually scale up the eyeballs, and even then, I can only do that to a point before the sides of the eyeballs poke through the outer edges of the skin around the eyelids.

Yeah it was a crap morph. The eye poke through was a big problem when I was working on it.. The Big Eyed Anime morph is a better one.

edited December 2014

Yeah it was a crap morph. The eye poke through was a big problem when I was working on it.. The Big Eyed Anime morph is a better one.Except that the Big Eyed Anime morph requires its own unique expression and eye movement morphs, whereas most of the "Toon" and "Anime"character morph sets for Genesis, such as those in the DAZ store (such as Jasmine and Kimberly) don't. Overall, it's a good morph, and I use it on a number of characters. I just have to scale up the eyeballs manually to around 112%-115% or depending upon face shape in order to fill in most of the gap that results. I'm just saying, you might want to see about fixing that.

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Y'know, this outfit works pretty good on the girls too. One of my very rare DAZ Studio renders 'cause I was just too lazy to port everything to Bryce. Love all the morphs, by the way, both on the pants and shirt. Damn handy things to have with this type of clothing. I tried to make the pants into a pair of gym shorts by using a transparency map...and failed miserably. Might have to try some alternate textures as time permits. Curse this working for a living...

DS_Jammie_Test.jpg
    424 x 585 - 38K